Are any Disney guests average income people?

The people who think credit doesn't matter are paying more for everything they do.

This is true, but I think many people that avoid credit and use cash are doing so to hide something else -so paying a little extra is no big deal.

Some jobs pull credit as does every landlord I know. Credit isn't just for lending.

As others have said, your exact credit score doesn't really matter, what matters is the credit tier you fall in for the lender you are borrowing from. All else being equal if your lender's A+ tier starts at 740 someone with a 740 will be treated the same as someone with 800+. Other things may come into play but a few thousand in cc reported debt that you pay off each month isn't going to move the needle at all unless you have other issues.

I'm talking about people that are financially independent that buy everything with cash, not those that need jobs. I know one Doctor that buys everything with cash. He has no idea what is credit is like because he doesn't have any debt.

If you need a good credit score, then go for it. Mine is over 800.

However, some people will be on the BK cycle, where they discharge their debt every 7ish years. This is why shows like Squid Game are popular these days.

This couldn't be further from the truth.

My husband's job requires a Top Secret Level Clearance from the government, as do many other military, federal government, and contracting jobs. A major part of being able to obtain and maintain that Clearance is having a good credit score. They will literally revoke or simply refuse to issue clearances for poor credit scores or even if your score starts going down because of late or missed payments. This is a serious issue and can mean you are suddenly no longer employable.

Many other jobs use credit scores to screen potential employees, and as mentioned, it's absolutely a requirement to secure many kinds of housing, especially rental housing (private or corporate rentals).

Credit scores are even used when establishing utility accounts, cell phone plans, etc. People with low scores often have to pay large cash deposits when opening up these accounts.

The people who think credit doesn't matter are paying more for everything they do.

The bolded isn’t quite true. The government doesn’t even look at the credit score (the actual number) when evaluating your clearance. They’re more concerned with things like excessive/delinquent debt and/or bankruptcy, and if you’re taking steps to fix your financial situation. Realistically if you have issues but you report it, you should be fine. Keeping it a secret or hiding debt could make you susceptible to blackmail and that’s what would put your clearance in jeopardy.

The bolded isn’t quite true. The government doesn’t even look at the credit score (the actual number) when evaluating your clearance. They’re more concerned with things like excessive/delinquent debt and/or bankruptcy, and if you’re taking steps to fix your financial situation. Realistically if you have issues but you report it, you should be fine. Keeping it a secret or hiding debt could make you susceptible to blackmail and that’s what would put your clearance in jeopardy.

Okay. Tell that to all the people who have had their clearances revoked after being late on payments.

Okay. Tell that to all the people who have had their clearances revoked after being late on payments.

I imagine that would fall under delinquent debt…it would also depend on the number of missed payments and the amount of debt as well as what (if any) steps were taken to address the debt.

I imagine that would fall under delinquent debt…it would also depend on the number of missed payments and the amount of debt as well as what (if any) steps were taken to address the debt.

And what happens when your debt becomes delinquent? Your score goes down.

Correct, but the only thing they look at for your clearance is the credit report, not the credit score. Its not like they’re going to see that you dropped 20 points and now they’re revoking it.

That's not what I said happens.

I said if you APPLY for a clearance and your score is terrible, you likely won't get that clearance because of the behavior that score resulted from.

And if you already HAVE a clearance and do things that result in drastically lowered scores than what you had been maintaining, it will get flagged and the clearance can be revoked. They periodically do soft pulls on your credit report, yes. So, anything that you do that DRASTICALLY reduces your score is bad.

My husband has a TS level clearance and I make sure his credit report is FLAWLESS. He has a Government Issued travel credit card that we have always had to make sure is paid in full by the due date, even when we haven't yet received those funds from his travel claims. We have had to front thousands of dollars numerous times in the past due to travel claims taking much longer than expected to clear payment to the card in time. Thankfully, Covid has placed an "emergency" status on those cards so that the balances can be carried over with no impact to the cardholder's credit scores. Yes, the gov't cc shows up on his credit report and is the #1 way that people in the past have lost clearances...not paying it on time or using it for unauthorized personal expenses.

Extra Magic Hours have been lessened for most with only deluxe resorts getting evening hours. (Personally I'm ok with the 30 minute early hours since it will be all parks and spreading the crowds out so can probably do just as much in the 30 minutes as the 60 from prior). Character Meet and Greets aren't really back, fewer shows, most Streetmosphere cut, no more free parking for on site guests, free FastPass gone (this is another one that so far I'm ok with as every other park is paid and it was hard to get many of the big ticket ones and required additional planning, but it is still another perk lost), and Magical Express that you mentioned. Might be some others I'm not thinking of too. But this all comes to a lessened experience in many ways with a higher ticket price.
Add to that- no magic bands, significantly reduced mouse keeping, no autographs, “modified” parades, “modified” character dining, no parking trams. Typhoon lagoon never reopened, and Epcot remains in a state of “transition”. Have I missed anything else?

This is like when people ask me if I make good money working for Instacart.

It's subjective.

What's good money for me may be EXCELLENT money for someone else OR an amount others wouldn't get out of bed for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter