Are you going see the solar eclipse?

I didn't really think about it until it was too late to order some proper glasses. I'm probably not going to fight crazies at an event to try and get free ones.

To be honest, I couldn't care less. However if I were in my home state which is in the direct path (SC) instead of NJ, I might feel differently, but probably not.

We will stay at home and wander out every now and then and be outside when the sun is covered.

However, checking weather reports, it looks like it could be cloudy with some rain. Hopefully that will change!

My little town in Tennessee is in the path of the eclipse. I plan to go out into my backyard to see it.

Having said that, we went to Target today. I have NEVER seen so many cars with out of state license plates there as I did today. We stopped by another nearby store, and the owner was saying how many tourists had already been through there to stock up for Monday.

Yes!!

Got our glasses & eclipse t-shirts. Got Sundrops, Milky Ways, Sun Chips, & Moon Pies! Also, a local bakery was making eclipse themed cookies, & I picked up our dozen today!

I'm going to the grocery store tomorrow to buy stuff for sandwiches, & we'll pack our coolers & be ready to go!

We are driving about an hour north to be in the very center of 100% totality which occurs about 2:30 pm, but we haven't decided how early we're leaving yet.

EDITED TO ADD - All local schools are closed. We've been told to expect lots of traffic & to have a full tank of gas & plenty of snacks w/ us in our vehicles.

Our city is in the 99% totality area, &, earlier today, when we were downtown, there were tons of out-of-town cars! We're in TN, & we saw cars from Texas, Missouri, New York, North Carolina, Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Maryland, Rhode Island, Mississippi, Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Canada, & even Guam.

Hi! We are one of the PA plates currently set up in Pigeon Forge, TN. Our plan is to get up before the crack of dawn and head down to Sweetwater. DS21 is an Astrophysics major and has been planning this for several months. Plans were originally to go to Charleston, SC, but the cloud cover forecast for SC wasn't looking good so we reorganized everything on Wednesday. While he's tons more excited than I am, he's doing a great job of pumping up the hysteria he's feeling!!

So my DH had occasionally mentioned that he might like to go see the total eclipse, but never did anything about it. Last night he had a high school reunion (45 years), met up with an old pal and they left this afternoon for Kentucky. They may end up sleeping in a WalMart parking lot, who knows? Oh to be old and spontaneous! There is another in 2024 that will be closer to us, maybe I will go to that.

I'm kind of bummed because they have changed our mid Michigan forecast for mostly cloudy tomorrow afternoon. :(

In the path of totality here in Lebanon Oregon. Quite a few neighbors are just going to put chairs in their front lawns and look up! We will do the same starting around 0900.
I've noticed increased traffic. Friday there were big lines for gas at some of the gas stations.
I'm looking forward to it and will enjoy watching it etc. But... I will be glad when it's over. I'm about done with hearing about it and all the news stories related to it.
I'm hoping we don't get smoke from the fire in Sisters Oregon.

Anyway, Everyone enjoy the eclipse!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter