Article about DCL "reality" on Yahoo! "news"

This whole article was not very well done. My 15 year old son ,who hates writing, could have done a better job. Sad what is acceptable in journalism these days.

Problem is that there is no money in journalism now days. Most newspapers are either out of business already or heading towards bankruptcy. Newspapers laid all of their editors off years ago and are now moving in to the writers. Many of them are trying to rely on inexperienced writers that they can get away with paying bottom dollar.

I think it's pretty common for "old or older" people to criticize the the generations that come after them. It's nothing new I wouldn't take it personally. You may find yourself doing it in 20-30 years.

Agreed that has been going on since the dawn of time.

Just finished my first cruise this weekend on Disney Dream and it was my first cruise ever. I felt like I have to post now that I read the "article" before going and now have gone and experienced it and can say for sure that this "article" is a load of fake news (sorry the term really fits here). My only complaint about the Disney Dream are the elevators which are small and tend to fill up quick but other than that my cruise experience was amazing and I will be going again.

BTW Castaway Cay has plenty of space on the beach it was far from crowded....

Just finished my first cruise this weekend on Disney Dream and it was my first cruise ever. I felt like I have to post now that I read the "article" before going and now have gone and experienced it and can say for sure that this "article" is a load of fake news (sorry the term really fits here). My only complaint about the Disney Dream are the elevators which are small and tend to fill up quick but other than that my cruise experience was amazing and I will be going again.

YES. The elevators are the worse experience - for me- on DCL. I try to take the stairs whenever possible.

Yep. We just don't take the elevators. We are fortunate to not need the elevators, and figure that fewer people crowding the elevators means they might be more available for someone who really needs them. Also, walking up stairs = burning off those beignet/soft serve/room service chicken strips calories. :)

Also, walking up stairs = burning off those beignet/soft serve/room service chicken strips calories. :)

Me and my wife came to the same conclusion....after waiting for the elevators for a while we just said lets burn off the calories we ate by using the stairs :)

Yes, it is a bit snarky and certainly is "clilck bait", but there is a lot of truth in the article.
Truth... from a certain point of view perhaps.

Agreed about the elevator banks on cruise ships. Often crowded, better to take the stairs anyway.

Yep. We just don't take the elevators. We are fortunate to not need the elevators, and figure that fewer people crowding the elevators means they might be more available for someone who really needs them. Also, walking up stairs = burning off those beignet/soft serve/room service chicken strips calories. :)
As someone in a wheelchair, I’d like to thank you for being considerate and using the stairs. The elevators are a nightmare to maneuver with a wheelchair or scooter. The space inside is too small to turn round in, so you have to drive in, then back out of the elevator with a swarm of people waiting for that elevator. Don’t even get me started on the people who will actually try to climb over my chair to board the elevator first, all the while not even acknowledging my own existence. I become invisible.

It’s crazy, it’s not like the people are late for work or a plane, they are supposed to be on vacation, what’s the rush?

The one time I went to see what all the fuss was about (I was not at all hungry having finished dinner about an hour earlier), I was amazed at how much like a shark feeding frenzy it looked. I swear you'd think everyone there had been kept below decks running on treadmills to power the ship and not given food the way they were swarming the lines. You'd never believe that they had just eaten at most 3 hours before.

I have never experienced a buffet yet on a Disney Cruise, for that matter any cruise, we sail for the first time next June. But I find this to be true of any buffet. It's unbelievable how the droves of people attack a buffet at Chef Mickey, Cape May or Crystal Palace. About the only buffet I have seen where people are semi human and don't snarl and growl at each other is Boma... Just one of the reasons I'm not a buffet fan. :rotfl2:

As someone in a wheelchair, I’d like to thank you for being considerate and using the stairs. The elevators are a nightmare to maneuver with a wheelchair or scooter. The space inside is too small to turn round in, so you have to drive in, then back out of the elevator with a swarm of people waiting for that elevator. Don’t even get me started on the people who will actually try to climb over my chair to board the elevator first, all the while not even acknowledging my own existence. I become invisible.

It’s crazy, it’s not like the people are late for work or a plane, they are supposed to be on vacation, what’s the rush?
Well, people are getting to wherever they're getting to, and they need to get to it 5 minutes ago. More than enough reason to run you over. Even if you're in a chair. (/sarcasm)

How does one fail to notice a person in a wheelchair or scooter anyway? My dad walks around with a cane and leg braces, and I can understand if you don't notice that at first (but you still should). But a wheelchair? Those folks are noticing and not caring one bit.

I'll be honest, we were aft in the fantasy, but I never really noticed much of a problem with elevators. After dinner, you'd need to squish in, but other than that, it always seemed relatively mellow.

recently I saw an article about WDW and how the reality is vs the pictures -- like this "article" As it flipped by and I read the title, I caught myself and made it scroll back to that article and took a closer look at the picture ... which was from Universals Islands Of Adventure - "Comics Island" (I think that is what that area is called).

So the title of the article should have been: "we are bad mouthing disney, but showing you pictures from some other theme park"

That was really our one negative experience. My mother-in-law is in a wheelchair for any amount of distance-definitely can't do stairs, so we couldn't all just avoid that. And some people were rude and would run to fill up an incoming elevator even if someone had been waiting there with mother-in-law longer.

It did help to just jump on ANY available elevator and then ride it until it got to where you wanted (even if you had to go the wrong direction). We also split up, so only one person stayed to help MIL while the rest used the stairs

recently I saw an article about WDW and how the reality is vs the pictures -- like this "article" As it flipped by and I read the title, I caught myself and made it scroll back to that article and took a closer look at the picture ... which was from Universals Islands Of Adventure - "Comics Island" (I think that is what that area is called).

So the title of the article should have been: "we are bad mouthing disney, but showing you pictures from some other theme park"

Ummm, yeah -- I saw that ridiculous article too and the unrelated photos they included. Besides, what reader wouldn't expect that the pictures a park posts are obviously taken before or after closing to get as few people as possible. Nobody wants to look at a photo of peoples' butts in a park area! :sad2: The person/people writing this junk has way too much time on their hands :surfweb:

Sounds like it might have been a stock image - they search “theme park” and this is what they get. Tells me everything I need to know about the click bait article and the level of research that went into writing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter