As If We Didn't Already Know It

I agree...I and many others just don't agree with the articles lean/tilt that Disney is somehow doing something wrong in this case.

Disney is doing absolutely nothing any other company doesn't do, trying to be efficient in its operation and using information to the best advantage.

ALL other companies do the same thing with the information they have. Not to mention there is many ways the same information the new system Disney may or may not collect (same some of the abilities the system may or may not have is rumor and so far NOT fact) other companies have collected for years in other ways.

AKK
Point well taken. :thumbsup2

Just my tuppence, if I go back and have to have one of these then I will book my fast pass+ in advance and as soon as I get in the park these damn things get wrapped in tinfoil! A pox on you tracking strategey! We pay by cash or card for purchases anyway and spend around 25% of our time off site anyway. They tried to introduce these things in the UK Offshore Oil Industry years ago and met with a lot of hostility.

I fully respect your opinion and hope it works out for you.

I also hope that if your that concerned about tracking......I hope you have turned off your cell phone GPS, your car GPS, don't use credit or ATM cards.

That is just for starters. Think about cameras in stores tracking you and then linking up you with your purchases...........all done today, around much of the world including the UK.
AKK

Realize that my comments about the tracking system aren't meant to decry or condone the concept.

I just try to highlight that this thing *might* (I world say probably) be used as a weapon against the customer...or significant subsets of them

I don't like there to be disappointment in the experience...deep down. This has that potential.

Part of it is the experience of the dining plan...a complete shell game that the public swallowed without question to their detriment...and now is standard. The memory of the good fades as the bad is accepted.

RFID is not GPS they cannot track your movement through the park, without much more expensive equipment that I'm sure would be to expensive and not worth it. What benefit would there be for them to know where you are in their private park?

This is where you need to understand one of the first purposes of RFID, Inventory Control. When an RFID is tapped or activated by a nearfield reader, the reader will also correspond to a zone/location. I have no doubt that Disney is watching the trends of guests, especially when does the guest return to his room, enter the parks, where they like to eat, etc. That kind of information in invaluable. Also as a traffic management tool, just like the DOTs of most states. In Texas they use the RFID Toll Tags to monitor cars that are not on the toll way for traffic management purposes.

http://traffic.houstontranstar.org/aviinfo/avi-intro.html

avi-tech-ani.gif

If you have an RFID on your wrist, WDW can attempt to manage crowds by knowing where the crowd concentration is located. They can also see that 100 of those people have priority seating for the next parade and know that this crowd will disperse. The next large crowd can be funneled to Streetmosphere or some other crowd control measure. The restaurants also are testing out magic bands like at BoG. This is all being put into your "customer profile." That is a crazy amount of info on you, the customer. But remember, Magic Bands are optional.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter