August 2017 Disneyland Check-In & Chat!

Is anyone doing the World of Color dessert party. It's $79 per person so with 3 of us it's about $240. I did the Wishes Dessert Party at WDW and it was okay, but I don't plan on doing it again. Is WOC dessert party worth or should I get a FP for it?
We did the WOC dessert party last summer for the 60th and plan to do it again this summer. We loved it! It was definitely worth it to us to have a seat to relax in to watch the show at the end of a long day. I'm hoping they'll have something similar for Fantasmic! We had 3 people last year, only 2 going this year so not as costly as a large group. If it was my whole family of 6 we'd probably pass on it because of cost.

coloredimage, how cool! You are doing two trip then?

Nope! lol, it's just that I leave the 8th, so it's counting that as "no longer 5 months because March 8th has passed".

Last time I was in Disneyland we saw Fantasmic by accident. Our first day we were starving around Fantasmic time and didn't realize the show was about to start, and the closest option to us was Hungry Bear. I went to grab a seat in the corner just away from people and it ended up being a nice spot to watch Fantasmic outside of the crowd (albeit from the side, of course)

Nope! lol, it's just that I leave the 8th, so it's counting that as "no longer 5 months because March 8th has passed".

Last time I was in Disneyland we saw Fantasmic by accident. Our first day we were starving around Fantasmic time and didn't realize the show was about to start, and the closest option to us was Hungry Bear. I went to grab a seat in the corner just away from people and it ended up being a nice spot to watch Fantasmic outside of the crowd (albeit from the side, of course)

Doh....of course. I'm also on a cruise roll-call where everyone is for the exact same date. Totally forgot that this is for anytime in the month of August (where we are coming the last week). So sorry. That totally makes sense.

Doh....of course. I'm also on a cruise roll-call where everyone is for the exact same date. Totally forgot that this is for anytime in the month of August (where we are coming the last week). So sorry. That totally makes sense.

No worries! :)

I think it is supposed to be back by August, but nothing guaranteed yet at this point. And yes, regular Fantasmic "seating" is either sitting on the ground or standing. No chairs.

We did the Dessert Party last year and our whole family loved it, including DD16 and DD12. DDs did not care for the food, but still said the whole experience was "magical" and are begging to do it again this year. We probably will, unless they come out with some option for Fantasmic seating that we end up doing instead. Definitely a splurge, but sitting for WOC and the view we had was worth it.

August 4-9th, 5 days at Disneyland, 1 day at Universal studios, and might extend one night at Great Wolf Lodge.
Last hooray before the 17/18 school year starts.
Going to try a one park ticket this time. Also hoping the afternoon tea at Steakhouse 55 is still offered.
We will be joining a couple of you at the Desert Inn!

Hi, I am taking a 2 day solo trip this summer and trying to decide between June and August. The deciding factor will be if entertainment is "replacing MSEP," which I saw last week. I also want to see the "Remember" fireworks and have to make my trip mid-week so that is a planning factor too! If I go in August, it would be August 8-9 at Best Western Park Place. Enjoying reading all the August plans!

Hello everyone, my husband and I are visiting DL the 16th - 21st. We are from Marietta, GA (just north of Atlanta)
This will be our first trip to DL together (I was there for one day 10+ years ago and my hubby was in LA on business
a couple years ago, he has only been to Downtown Disney.)
We are WDW Passholders and love our time in the parks... can't wait to experience Disneyland!!

My family of 4 (including DDs 4 and almost 2) will be going August 2-9th. We have used AirMiles points to get 3 X 3 Day hopper passes for free. We are staying at the Baymont Anaheim Inn and Suites. Plans are currently:
2nd - Fly into LAX
3rd - Huntington Beach
4th - Disneyland
5th - DCA
6th - Angels baseball game
7th - Hollywood Boulevard and The Grove
8th - Disneyland using Magic Morning
9th - Fly home

Nice to see others join this thread too.

buyerbrad, great trip plan with a combo of LA and Disney. We're also mixing things with starting in LA, staying near Hollywood Boulevard and seeing things like Universal, Warner Brothers Tour, Santa Monica Pier, and tour that hits a lot of tourist spots like The Grove and Farmer's Market, Beverly Hills, Griffith Obervatory, etc. Then heading over to Disney.

August 4-9th, 5 days at Disneyland, 1 day at Universal studios, and might extend one night at Great Wolf Lodge.
Last hooray before the 17/18 school year starts.
Going to try a one park ticket this time. Also hoping the afternoon tea at Steakhouse 55 is still offered.
We will be joining a couple of you at the Desert Inn!

Hi, I am taking a 2 day solo trip this summer and trying to decide between June and August. The deciding factor will be if entertainment is "replacing MSEP," which I saw last week. I also want to see the "Remember" fireworks and have to make my trip mid-week so that is a planning factor too! If I go in August, it would be August 8-9 at Best Western Park Place. Enjoying reading all the August plans!

Hello everyone, my husband and I are visiting DL the 16th - 21st. We are from Marietta, GA (just north of Atlanta)
This will be our first trip to DL together (I was there for one day 10+ years ago and my hubby was in LA on business
a couple years ago, he has only been to Downtown Disney.)
We are WDW Passholders and love our time in the parks... can't wait to experience Disneyland!!

My family of 4 (including DDs 4 and almost 2) will be going August 2-9th. We have used AirMiles points to get 3 X 3 Day hopper passes for free. We are staying at the Baymont Anaheim Inn and Suites. Plans are currently:
2nd - Fly into LAX
3rd - Huntington Beach
4th - Disneyland
5th - DCA
6th - Angels baseball game
7th - Hollywood Boulevard and The Grove
8th - Disneyland using Magic Morning
9th - Fly home

Hoping to go August 27-31 have hotel booked, we are flying standby. It is my daughters 30th Birthday on the 28.
She loves Disney I want to surprise her.

I'll add you guys up to the list either later tonight or tomorrow morning! Sorry I've been slacking, I've got last minute April vacation plans and am scrambling to put everything together :)

Nice to see others join this thread too.

buyerbrad, great trip plan with a combo of LA and Disney. We're also mixing things with starting in LA, staying near Hollywood Boulevard and seeing things like Universal, Warner Brothers Tour, Santa Monica Pier, and tour that hits a lot of tourist spots like The Grove and Farmer's Market, Beverly Hills, Griffith Obervatory, etc. Then heading over to Disney.

This will be our 3rd time visiting the area. The 1st time, we spent almost 3 weeks in California, and did many of the things you listed the week we were in the Los Angeles/Anaheim area. The 2nd time, we had spent some time in Vancouver/Seattle, spent 3 days in the Los Angeles area (1 day in Hollywood and TMZ tour, 1 day Disney, and 1 day at the game show Let's Make A Deal) before flying to Denver. This will be our first trip with 2 kids.

This will be our 3rd time visiting the area. The 1st time, we spent almost 3 weeks in California, and did many of the things you listed the week we were in the Los Angeles/Anaheim area. The 2nd time, we had spent some time in Vancouver/Seattle, spent 3 days in the Los Angeles area (1 day in Hollywood and TMZ tour, 1 day Disney, and 1 day at the game show Let's Make A Deal) before flying to Denver. This will be our first trip with 2 kids.

Nice that you're gotten there a few times and could spend so long in CA. Bet your kids are excited for this trip. It's our first time coming to CA (well I went once when I was 15 but first time as a family). We haven't told them yet but they'll be super excited when they find out. Our August trips will be here before we know it. :-)

We finally nailed down our travel dates & have booked our hotel, so we can finally be added to the list! My husband & I will be there August 21st through 28th. We are taking a little over 2 weeks off & driving from Michigan to Anaheim & back for a fun road trip.

I have an AP, so will probably be in the parks on all days, 4 days with my husband who is buying a 4 day pass for his first trip into the parks (yay!!), the other days I'll probably be there solo until around 11 or noon--vacation time to my husband means at least a few days of major sleeping in--and once he's awake & ready to go, we'll probably do other side trips in the area on those afternoons.

I don't know for sure which day's we'll be in the park all day, the only one we have firmly settled on is August 25th, as that is my birthday & I have insisted we MUST be at Disneyland on my birthday. I can't wait!

~Meg

<waves>After five WDW visits in three years and then a two year Disney break, it's time for Disneyland! I visited DL and CA briefly during a 2004 conference trip to Anaheim, but that was before CA was redone, and this will be the first DLR trip at all for the rest of the family. Current plans:
- Monday August 14: fly into LAX with my two sons, 2.5 and 7
- August 15, 16, 17: park days
- August 18: my husband flies into LAX
- August 25: we all fly home
I have two more park days planned while my husband is in CA, and the rest other local activities tbd. Still debating making those two extra park days Saturday-Sunday vs Wednesday-Thursday of the next week - leaning to the latter option.
For hotels, I have the HoJo booked for when it's just me and the kids - I'm thinking we will escape to the water play area when the parks get too busy mid-day. I'd love to upgrade to the Courtyard with the even better water play area if I find the right deal... If we do our two last park days (when DH is there) Wednesday-Thursday, I'm currently planning to splurge on the DLH for the pools and for the early morning access.

Airfare and hoppers are purchased, hotels are booked but refundable, now I'm figuring out other local activities and investigating options to hire a mother's helper to join us in the parks when I'm on my own with the boys, so I can join the big kid on rides the toddler is too short for.

We finally nailed down our travel dates & have booked our hotel, so we can finally be added to the list! My husband & I will be there August 21st through 28th. We are taking a little over 2 weeks off & driving from Michigan to Anaheim & back for a fun road trip.

I have an AP, so will probably be in the parks on all days, 4 days with my husband who is buying a 4 day pass for his first trip into the parks (yay!!), the other days I'll probably be there solo until around 11 or noon--vacation time to my husband means at least a few days of major sleeping in--and once he's awake & ready to go, we'll probably do other side trips in the area on those afternoons.

I don't know for sure which day's we'll be in the park all day, the only one we have firmly settled on is August 25th, as that is my birthday & I have insisted we MUST be at Disneyland on my birthday. I can't wait!

~Meg

<waves>After five WDW visits in three years and then a two year Disney break, it's time for Disneyland! I visited DL and CA briefly during a 2004 conference trip to Anaheim, but that was before CA was redone, and this will be the first DLR trip at all for the rest of the family. Current plans:
- Monday August 14: fly into LAX with my two sons, 2.5 and 7
- August 15, 16, 17: park days
- August 18: my husband flies into LAX
- August 25: we all fly home
I have two more park days planned while my husband is in CA, and the rest other local activities tbd. Still debating making those two extra park days Saturday-Sunday vs Wednesday-Thursday of the next week - leaning to the latter option.
For hotels, I have the HoJo booked for when it's just me and the kids - I'm thinking we will escape to the water play area when the parks get too busy mid-day. I'd love to upgrade to the Courtyard with the even better water play area if I find the right deal... If we do our two last park days (when DH is there) Wednesday-Thursday, I'm currently planning to splurge on the DLH for the pools and for the early morning access.

Airfare and hoppers are purchased, hotels are booked but refundable, now I'm figuring out other local activities and investigating options to hire a mother's helper to join us in the parks when I'm on my own with the boys, so I can join the big kid on rides the toddler is too short for.

Welcome guys! I'll add your dates up :)

Hello! First time poster and user of Disboards. I live in Northern California (Sacramento area) and both of us have been to Disneyland numerous times. My husband and I just recently bought annual passes to Disneyland in January (for the first time!) and so far this year have gone in January and March. We are planning to be back in the parks near the end of August. It will either be August 23-25 or August 19, 24-25. We're both taking a week off to celebrate our anniversary (August 23rd, 5 years together, 3 years married.) We haven't quite nailed down which days we'll be in the park yet since we're trying to decide if we want to go to San Diego for a few days, or if we want to do a 4 night cruise out of Long Beach. Living in NorCal makes it pretty easy to get to Anaheim. We tend to drive just because it's cheaper.

We do plan on staying at the Best Western Pavilions, which is on the backside of the park. We've never stayed here before, but i got a pretty good rate. (I've booked nights for both of our options so i can cancel whichever we don't need.) I'm also thinking since we'll be celebrating our anniversary i'd like to do something special, but i'm unsure as to what right now. I have been debating the WOC dessert party.

Glad to have found these boards to plan and get new ideas!

Hello! First time poster and user of Disboards. I live in Northern California (Sacramento area) and both of us have been to Disneyland numerous times. My husband and I just recently bought annual passes to Disneyland in January (for the first time!) and so far this year have gone in January and March. We are planning to be back in the parks near the end of August. It will either be August 23-25 or August 19, 24-25. We're both taking a week off to celebrate our anniversary (August 23rd, 5 years together, 3 years married.) We haven't quite nailed down which days we'll be in the park yet since we're trying to decide if we want to go to San Diego for a few days, or if we want to do a 4 night cruise out of Long Beach. Living in NorCal makes it pretty easy to get to Anaheim. We tend to drive just because it's cheaper.

We do plan on staying at the Best Western Pavilions, which is on the backside of the park. We've never stayed here before, but i got a pretty good rate. (I've booked nights for both of our options so i can cancel whichever we don't need.) I'm also thinking since we'll be celebrating our anniversary i'd like to do something special, but i'm unsure as to what right now. I have been debating the WOC dessert party.

Glad to have found these boards to plan and get new ideas!

Welcome! Once you get your dates figured out I'll add you up to the main list! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter