August 2019 Car Rental Thread

I just rebooked my Alamo reservation and saved $11.00. Now at 2 weeks for $425.37, standard, with BJ's discount and free upgrade.

Based on your signature, we are a little more than a week ahead of you and, so far, best I can do is $488 for two weeks. I would be thrilled with $425!

Finally some movement down! I just rebooked my 2 week rental. I used the BJ's corporate code and their free upgrade code and got it down to $438.58 from $581.58. This is for a standard size.
Care to share the codes. I have a BJ's membership but when I asked at the counter the cashier just handed me a paper that listed all the places you could rent cars from.

thanks

Care to share the codes. I have a BJ's membership but when I asked at the counter the cashier just handed me a paper that listed all the places you could rent cars from.

thanks
Sure! These are for Alamo
BJ’s code 7014696
BJ’s upgrade AU3Z64SDG

Holy smokes the rates are high for August! I have never paid more than $200 a week at MCO with Alamo. Hoping to get my rate down. Any luck? 8/14-8/21

Holy smokes the rates are high for August! I have never paid more than $200 a week at MCO with Alamo. Hoping to get my rate down. Any luck? 8/14-8/21

Just caved and did 266 for a week and a day. Was going to pay 90 for one day on arrival and then I thought about the hassle of getting back to the airport via DME or LYFT and said, NAH. Hertz via BJs which was wayyyy cheaper than Hertz via AAA.

Well I finally booked something but Im still not happy with the rate. :sad2: I have a reservation for a full-size. We pick-up@ MCO Thurs 8/16 9am and return Sat 8/31 9am. Reserved price All-In is sitting at $544.56. The ressie shows a Ford Fusion which I would be happy with. My son had one and it would be perfect for us. However I will continue running my rates up until arrival day. However if the prices dont fall much I can live with that rate. Its far better than my first quote over $700.:scared:

Better yet, I tried AutoSlash again and received the affiliate link to Priceline for a rate of $366.82 which is a $69.47 drop since the deal in February from Priceline

I submitted another quote into AutoSlash today for the same Premium class, same dates (7/30 - 8/7) and got another price drop of $33.00.
However, for an additional 9 bucks, I could upgrade to the Luxury class, so seemed an obvious choice, I took the upgrade. Joy!

Priceline Through Alamo

Last edited:
Well I finally booked something but Im still not happy with the rate. :sad2: I have a reservation for a full-size. We pick-up@ MCO Thurs 8/16 9am and return Sat 8/31 9am. Reserved price All-In is sitting at $544.56. The ressie shows a Ford Fusion which I would be happy with. My son had one and it would be perfect for us. However I will continue running my rates up until arrival day. However if the prices dont fall much I can live with that rate. Its far better than my first quote over $700.:scared:
You should get a better rate than that. Several weeks ago I lucked in to $414 USD for my dates Aug 14 to 27th for a full size car using Alamo through Costco. I booked it but I am still hoping for better. My last trip to Orlando I got a full size for about $307 USD at Budget 11 days before travel. I will keep checking daily for a better rate.:surfweb:

Months ago, booked a premium crossover SUV with Alamo for 8/7-8/13 @ $846.30 including AD2824JAR $25 coupon and couldn’t find anything cheaper for a while. BJ’s and Disney Annual Pass codes still give that same price, but Visa code and Costco code both dropped that price to $482.27 today! Obviously rebooked... Hope that helps someone.

Months ago, booked a premium crossover SUV with Alamo for 8/7-8/13 @ $846.30 including AD2824JAR $25 coupon and couldn’t find anything cheaper for a while. BJ’s and Disney Annual Pass codes still give that same price, but Visa code and Costco code both dropped that price to $482.27 today! Obviously rebooked... Hope that helps someone.
What are the codes please?

Just booked through Costco.....standard (same as fullsize with Alamo right?) for 13 nights Aug 14 to 27th for $400.09 USD. Best so far but will still continue to look.

I'm down to $265 with Alamo (Standard car) for August 6-15 using the Orlando Magic Card corporate id and the $25 off coupon.

Heading to DL in Aug and had booked a car a while back and figured I would start checking again now that we are a month out. I had a Standard SUV with Budget using the Amazon Discount for $650 for 12 days. Just checked BJ's and when I saw the price for a Mid-Size SUV through Dollar I figured there was a mistake, I thought it was only giving me the price for one week. So I copied the BJ's code and signed into Dollar ( I also am a Dollar Express member) and entered the BJ's code and it came up with the same amount. I am now getting it for $417 which is a savings of $233!!! It's actually the lowest price auto they have so they must be running some sort of special on them. The next highest is a Jeep Wrangler for $465. Their Economy is $645 a week. So the SUV is quite the bargain.

Just booked a full-size with Alamo 8/24 to 8/31, $198.20, using Costco & $25 coupon. Full-size was actually cheaper than Standard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter