August ADR's really hard to get already

rstamm

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
After just reaing a thead saying how easy it was for them to get their ADR'S I thought I would post what happened to me.

I called in yesterday morning for my 180 plus 10 and could not get Lecellier or a fantasmic package, and a few others the times were not what I wanted.

August 17 for Lecellier dinner was completely gone, I was so shocked when she said the fantasmice package is sold out for August 19 at Mama Melrose.

I called in at 180 days for Christmas week and had no problems now in August I can't get what I want.

I booked the bounceback and got free dining but I am guessing others who are hoping for free dining are booking there ADR'S.

Anyone going this week if you want the hard to get ADR"S better try asap.

I had the same problem for Le Cellier the enitire week of 8/15-8/20. Finally landed it this morning on Sat 8/21 at 4:50PM

ahhhh I am in a panic, I make my ADRs on Sunday morning!!!
I guess those who got the bounce back (or free dining pin like I got :cool1:, or maybe are waiting for free dining?) must all be die hard disney fans that are on top of their ADRS lol

I hope this is no way an indication of the crowd levels

I just checked today for August 18 for Le Cellier and they have no dinner ADR'S left, so if seems each day at the 180 day mark they are gone.

If you really want to go you will have to book lunch instead.

Isn't amazing that at 180 days you can't get a dinner ADR.

Keep at it, check everyday, you never know when one will open up.
Le Cellier is a little place and that does affect the amount of people they can accomadate.

And remember most cancellations happen 45 days out, so remember to check then too.

Hope you get them!

We made ours this morning. We got everything that we wanted within 15 minutes of the times we wanted. We did get LeCellier, but it was for lunch. :)

After just reaing a thead saying how easy it was for them to get their ADR'S I thought I would post what happened to me.

I called in yesterday morning for my 180 plus 10 and could not get Lecellier or a fantasmic package, and a few others the times were not what I wanted.

August 17 for Lecellier dinner was completely gone, I was so shocked when she said the fantasmice package is sold out for August 19 at Mama Melrose.

I called in at 180 days for Christmas week and had no problems now in August I can't get what I want.

I booked the bounceback and got free dining but I am guessing others who are hoping for free dining are booking there ADR'S.

Anyone going this week if you want the hard to get ADR"S better try asap.

Did you take into consideration that it depends on the amount of people you put into the system. I just put in 4 people for LeCellier and found availability. As far as Fantasmic i do know they have H&V restaurant still available. With these types of things you have to be a bit flexible with your dates & times.

we will be a party of 8, we don't care if we're split up, when I book on line will they split us up if necessary?

Did you take into consideration that it depends on the amount of people you put into the system. I just put in 4 people for LeCellier and found availability. As far as Fantasmic i do know they have H&V restaurant still available. With these types of things you have to be a bit flexible with your dates & times.

No they do not have any availability for August 18 dinner, I tried again with 4 and they have nothing, our group was for 2.

I know they have H&V but we wanted Momma Melrose and that was not available.

The point was at 180 days if you want the tough ADR'S they might be gone like mine were.

No they do not have any availability for August 18 dinner, I tried again with 4 and they have nothing, our group was for 2.

I know they have H&V but we wanted Momma Melrose and that was not available.

The point was at 180 days if you want the tough ADR'S they might be gone like mine were.

Are you trying to get Mama Melrose Fantasmic for the 18th? I don't think Fantasmic is playing that day. Maybe that is why there are no ADRs available? I just called right now and booked Mama Melrose Fantasmic Package for Sunday the 15th.

Maggie

I finished booking our August 16-28th ADR's last night. We have 2 adults and 2 children and were able to get the Mama Melrose Fantasmic package at 4:45pm on August 24th and Le Cellier at 5:00pm on August 26th.

I'd definately keep checking to see if anything comes up.

last year during the free dining period in August. This year, we're going in June and even today it's fairly easy to add and drop things and get what I want - except for a Fantasmic! package. But otherwise, it's so much easier than August ADRs!

I just booked everything this morning for my 180 days +10. We got everything no problem (7 of us). The only problem was changing Le Cellier to Aug 24th instead of the 21st. No worries as we just changed our Akershus day since both in Epcot. We checked dinners for 6 PM and got them between 5 and 7. Only Mama Melrose had to be early at 4.

Does that it means it's going to be super crowded at WDW in August this year or is it always like that for free dining? I may want to reconsider when we visit! Some of the other room discounts may be just as good depending on where we stay.

This week we managed to get all of our ADR's for 5 people during the week of August 15-22 within 15-20 minutes of what we wanted :thumbsup2 (but we weren't going for the tough ones). I haven't personally been there during free dining, but a few of my friends have and they said that even though the restaurants were full, the crowds in the parks were reasonable.

I made our ADR's on Wednesday and got everything we wanted (including CRT and Le Cellier) :cool1:. I was booking +10, so I imagine that helped. Hope everyone else is able to get what they are looking for :goodvibes .

The free dining messes more with the ADR's than the crowd levels. I'm sure more people go but the big issue is that many people who might go to one or two table service meals go to 10 instead. Last year I would have booked one TS. Because of free dining I got so excited about eating at all these places we switched to deluxe dining and ate at at least a dozen. That made all those extra ressies that weren't available to other people.

Something to consider- when free dining is released if they give QS to the values a TON of ressies may open up. People are booking "just in case" so if it doesn't happen many will cancel some (if not all) of what they booked. I would check the system the day they announce and keep checking to see what frees up.

I was just able to book my adr's for 8/20-8/28, and I got all of them- including le cellier and ohana. I'm very pleased. :)

*edit* I just called in and was also able to get mama melrose's FDP too! yay!

I just did mine, got all that we wanted within a 20 minute time frame of the desired time....all except Le Cellier...I DID get it but not for the day I wanted, I had to switch the days I was dining at Coral Reef with Le Cellier. I'm not going to complain, knowing the size of the restaurant and the demand to eat there, just remember to have a back up, I knew which days I would be at Epcot so worked with that :thumbsup2
We are a family of 8 and are booked Aug 20th-27th

We booked our ADR's yesterday for Aug 19-31

We got Le Cellier on the 21st (4:35)and the 27th(5:30) at the times we wanted with 15 minutes.

We had a similar problem last year but we were competing with everyone else who was booking free dining and that was in mid April. My wife's boss and also a coworker got reservations for Le Cellier last year but we were told it was full (all going the same week). We called everyday (sometimes twice a day) and finally snagged a ADR there at the time we wanted. So just keep trying. They sometimes hold back tables and release them periodically based on demand, so they do not fill the restuarant up on a singke day but rather over a couple of weeks. This allows for as many people as possible to have a chance for an ADR.

This year we got a Bounceback special and booked everything we could at the 180 day mark with no problems.

Rumor has it the the values will receive the QS plan and the moderates and deluxe will receive the regular DDP. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Also, remember Iger announced that there will be less discounts in the second half of 2010 then last year. I have a feeling a lot of the discounts will come from pin codes and bouncebacks as opposed to outright announced discounts for the general public. Again, we will have to wait and see what comes out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter