August ADR's really hard to get already

OP, I'm glad you posted this thread b/c I tried to get my ADR's right at the 180day mark for our Aug. 17-27 trip and was running into difficulty. I was starting to think I was crazy since all I had seen on the boards was how easy it was for others. Many of my dinners are later than I would like (not sure how the kids will hold up). Our Fantasmic dinner is really early (4:05pm at MM) and our Le Cellier dinner is very late (7:45pm). Yes, I'm glad I got them but ideal, no. And I was calling as early as I possibly could. So, for those going during free dining, make your ADRs ASAP and be prepared to be flexible. Be ready w/ back up dates for those really hard to get ADRs - Le Cellier, CRT, Chef Mickey and Fantasmic Package. Good luck!

I made the call at 7:00am on the dot. The recreation line booked our Segway tour @FW, horseback riding and dining reservations without having to call 2 different departments(which saved me quite a lot of time:banana:) The experience was extremely pleasant and smooth. Given the fact that we are a group of 12 people. :rolleyes1 Good luck to all of you.:thumbsup2
Here's what I have so far:

8/20, lunch @ The Wave @Noon
dinner @ California Grill @9:00
8/21, lunch @ Fulton's Crab House @1:00
dinner @ Flying Fish @7:30
8/22, lunch @ Kona @noon
dinner @ Le Cellier @8:30
8/23, lunch @ Sci-fi @1:45
dinner @ Artist Point @7:00
8/24, lunch @ Teppan Edo @12:00
dinner @ Narcoosee's @8:45

I made the call at 7:00am on the dot. The recreation line booked our Segway tour @FW, horseback riding and dining reservations without having to call 2 different departments(which saved me quite a lot of time:banana:) The experience was extremely pleasant and smooth. Given the fact that we are a group of 12 people. :rolleyes1 Good luck to all of you.:thumbsup2
Here's what I have so far:

8/20, lunch @ The Wave @Noon
dinner @ California Grill @9:00
8/21, lunch @ Fulton's Crab House @1:00
dinner @ Flying Fish @7:30
8/22, lunch @ Kona @noon
dinner @ Le Cellier @8:30
8/23, lunch @ Sci-fi @1:45
dinner @ Artist Point @7:00
8/24, lunch @ Teppan Edo @12:00
dinner @ Narcoosee's @8:45

We will be at CG at 8:55pm the same night! If I see a group of 12, I'll know it's you! Personally, I was concerned about this time since Wishes is at 9pm and not sure whether people will give up their seats and whether we'll be able to see Wishes from the deck. But it was the only time I could get - date night for me and dh while the rest of the family watches our kids!!

OP, I'm glad you posted this thread b/c I tried to get my ADR's right at the 180day mark for our Aug. 17-27 trip and was running into difficulty. I was starting to think I was crazy since all I had seen on the boards was how easy it was for others. Many of my dinners are later than I would like (not sure how the kids will hold up). Our Fantasmic dinner is really early (4:05pm at MM) and our Le Cellier dinner is very late (7:45pm). Yes, I'm glad I got them but ideal, no. And I was calling as early as I possibly could. So, for those going during free dining, make your ADRs ASAP and be prepared to be flexible. Be ready w/ back up dates for those really hard to get ADRs - Le Cellier, CRT, Chef Mickey and Fantasmic Package. Good luck!

On the day that you have your later le cellier dinner take a LONG break at the hotel so they kids are refreshed.
This was also my fear as we have 4 kids in our party all under the age of 8 lol. Surprisingly I had no problems getting Chef Mickey.

We booked our ADR's yesterday for Aug 19-31

We got Le Cellier on the 21st (4:35)and the 27th(5:30) at the times we wanted with 15 minutes.

We had a similar problem last year but we were competing with everyone else who was booking free dining and that was in mid April. My wife's boss and also a coworker got reservations for Le Cellier last year but we were told it was full (all going the same week). We called everyday (sometimes twice a day) and finally snagged a ADR there at the time we wanted. So just keep trying. They sometimes hold back tables and release them periodically based on demand, so they do not fill the restuarant up on a singke day but rather over a couple of weeks. This allows for as many people as possible to have a chance for an ADR.

This year we got a Bounceback special and booked everything we could at the 180 day mark with no problems.

Rumor has it the the values will receive the QS plan and the moderates and deluxe will receive the regular DDP. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Also, remember Iger announced that there will be less discounts in the second half of 2010 then last year. I have a feeling a lot of the discounts will come from pin codes and bouncebacks as opposed to outright announced discounts for the general public. Again, we will have to wait and see what comes out.

THat was the Pin I received, values was free QS, and mods and deluxes were allowed the regular DDP Aug 15th-Oct 2nd

last year, so maybe that is why they are so many ADRs already. I know we took advantage of the offer.

This happened to me last Sept, couldn't get Le Cellier despite calling in at exactly 7 am (my ADR 90 day was 2 days before on line ADR's started) every day.

I kept trying and at about 30 days out, a bunch of ADR's for Le Cellier became available. So, I would say keep trying!!! I tried 2-3 times a day until I got the ADR I wanted.

As a side note, it was totally NOT worth it- so if you don't get the ADR, you will probably find better steaks elsewhere.

Us UK DISers have free dining from the 1st August onwards so that could be the problem.

Gonna book my ADR's today I think, arriving at SSR on 6th August, hoping to get everything we want as it's our first time onsite with DDP :)

:goodvibes

I got everything I wanted too. I phoned when my 180 day window opened and got 2 meals at Le Cellier.

You need to phone exactly 180 days out, early in the morning, and then book Le Cellier for your later dates. I booked mine for day 8. I then had to phone again to book my last 4 days. She told me there was no availablity for Le cellier which I couldn't understand, as I had got my others really easily, it turned out she had her dates set for February rather than August.

So I would try again, and see. I did cancel my 7pm for the 14th August the other day, that I managed to get on-line. But everything else I did on the phone.

Also be flexible with your time. I booked mine for 7.00 and I thing some of them are a bit earlier and others a bit later.

Good luck

Last year I was closed out of Le Cellier and Tutta Italia...I got over it and booked Cape May: nice suprise!!

This year I got everything I wanted:confused3, but like the rest of us Disers, I will probably tweak and change because it was too effortless!!!
:rotfl:lol

Anyway, the best experiences happen when you have an open mind and are flexible with dates....You may get lucky! I suggest calling over online, because many CMs know different ways to look:teacher:and they see weeks at a time rather than a time slot and can offer a close second, whereas the automated system only has one way!

I made our ADR's on Wednesday and got everything we wanted (including CRT and Le Cellier) :cool1:. I was booking +10, so I imagine that helped. Hope everyone else is able to get what they are looking for :goodvibes .

What do you guys mean +10 ? I haven't been to WDW since 2000 and we're going again this September, so I want to make sure we get the dining reservations we want b/c we may not be able to come back for a long time. The only hard ones we'll probably be trying for is CRT, FDP at HV, CP, and Captain's Grille (is that even hard to get? from what I keep reading on here, its kind of hard for dinner).

What do you guys mean +10 ? I haven't been to WDW since 2000 and we're going again this September, so I want to make sure we get the dining reservations we want b/c we may not be able to come back for a long time. The only hard ones we'll probably be trying for is CRT, FDP at HV, CP, and Captain's Grille (is that even hard to get? from what I keep reading on here, its kind of hard for dinner).

A perk for resort guest. Resort guest can book 180 days prior to arriving and in addition can book the next 10 days at the same time. Non-resort guest can only book 180 days prior to the day they want to dine. It's a very nice Disney Resort guest perk.

A perk for resort guest. Resort guest can book 180 days prior to arriving and in addition can book the next 10 days at the same time. Non-resort guest can only book 180 days prior to the day they want to dine. It's a very nice Disney Resort guest perk.

I didn't realize that! Very nice to know that! Thanks!

I am sorry to hear that so many people are having trouble getting August ADRs. I used the online booking for the first week of August and got everything I wanted. I had to take some meals earlier than I wanted, but that's fine with me.

Good Luck! Keep Trying!

From reading other threads on these boards alot of people are making ADRs with the hope that free dining will come out. There may be a lot of openings if the free dining isn't in the timeframe that people are making ADRs for. I made mine our our Aug. 14-19 and had no problems at all. Got everything we wanted (including LeCellier on the 18th) at exactly the times I wanted. Keep trying because if free dining isn't offered for the same time frame as last year (which actually was a week earlier than normal - usually starts around the
22nd) people may be cancelling their plans.

:goodvibes I went online at 6 a.m. today with my plans for our vacation August 21-August 28 and was able to get all my families requests for meals including our daughters 13th birthday wishes for the 27th...CRT for breakfast, and Chef Mickey's for dinner...everything we wanted was available and I am amazed at how easy the online reservations were! I practiced over the weekend and was able to get right to work this morning...now I suppose I will end up tweaking a few but we are going for Deluxe Dining this time around!

Same results as Mindy this morning but I wasn't motivated to get up at 5am central time so got up at my normal 6 and logged in. Got all 16 I wanted between August 21 and 29th, all within a few minutes of what I asked for. Only thing I had to change was I was hoping for Chef Mickey's to be open for lunch, but evidently it's not, so I had to move that to dinner and the Wave to a different day. Got 'Ohana and Le Cellier twice each (beginning and end of the trip). Don't think I was trying for any other hard ones - other than maybe Crystal Palace at 8:05. Oh, also a California Grill, which I didn't know I'd have to do a credit card "hold" for, but in any case, I logged on after 6 (7 EST) and was done before 6:30.

I was able to get Crystal Palace and Le Cellier too and Ohana twice once for breakfast once for dinner...I feel pretty lucky considering everything I read last week. The last time we went in December of 2007 we only booked 90 days out and didn't seem to have the problems some people are having 180 days out. I do love the planning part and I think making ADRs is half the fun in my planning. We are lucky that this is the kids 3rd visit, they are older and enjoy sitting down to eat. I did end up with a lot of character meals this time around too...we'll see how it all pans out! :cool1:

glad you all got what you wanted. For the most part many many things are available except for maybe Mama Melrose Fantasmic Package that i know of at this point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter