• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August Exercise Challenge - Moving Through The Dog Days Of Summer - 25 challengers!

Well I have another exercise to post beside the dreadmill!:lmao: I did the plyometrics insanity video. I was drenched in sweat! It's a 35 minute video.

570/700

30 min run this morning to try out my new toy.

I got a nike+ sportwatch and now I can have up to the minuite pace and distance. I don't have to go home and get out the calculator anymore. :rotfl2:

1098/1000

Let's see 1180 + 50 at gym yesterday and 50 practicing volleyball/football with kids. Then today 90 at gym. I believe that is 1370/1600

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Two workouts today. This morning total 70 minutes and this afternoon 50 minutes

So 1490/1600

So looks like I need 110 minutes tomorrow.

Thanks for this thread:)

Great motivation!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Had two good runs the last two days.

43 minutes yesterday (4 miles)
73 minutes tonight (6 miles)

Total time now at 1330/1600

I've got one more run tomorrow night - I'll finish up right before midnight, but that won't be more than about 60 minutes, so I'm going to call a couple hundred short this month, but you can't win 'em all.

Everyone's progress is updated in the first post.

It's that time of the month again... is there anyone who wants to step up and host September, or should I go ahead and start the new thread?

Ted

First I must say a big thank you to Ted for hosting this month it is much appreciated. I know it has to be a lot of work.

I just got back from a 3.64 mile fun run was supposed to be 5K but I kind of took a wrong turn that added a bit to the course. :moped: 58 min so a 15:57 pace. Not to bad as it was a hilly course. I will have to use this course map for some of my training.

I really should learn a little bit more about the city I live in, but don't work in, then maybe I wouldn't get lost so much. :lmao:

1156/1000

Ted, thank you so much for hosting this month! This challenge has really helped me stay on track with my goals!

If you want a break from hosting, I'd be happy to try and do it for September, just let me know. As long as people don't mind that I will usually update pretty late at night :goodvibes

I did 75 minutes on the elliptical tonight, which brings me to:

1763/1700 WHOO HOO!!

Will definitely get in another workout tomorrow evening! Really happy with my progress this month!

Thanks and have a good night!
Brooke

My gym cancels all classes 3 times a year for a week (or 8 days in this case) so it was the same workout as yesterday :( I really need variety and am going stir crazy! An hour on the treadmill, and an hour on the elliptical bring me to:

2175/2000

Got back from Florida very late last Friday. With School starting next week I have been trying to finish some things around here.

During my trip to Fl the lowest amount of steps was 20000 and the most was 26000. I am so glad that I made my goal for this month. I hope I can do it again next month.

1030/1000 minutes Half way
and
346000/310000 steps

50 minutes of walk/run intervals
Can't wait until our rec center is open again so I can get back to varying my routine. (Closed this week for maintainance.)

Total for this month: 1442/1000

Thank you Ted for hosting this month and for all the hard work you do for this thread and us. I'm truly motivated by posting/reading here so you really are making a difference for others!

Spent the day at the State Fair but will only count 2 hrs of walking.

Really enjoyed watching the K9 dogs and the airdogs jumping into the water.

1276/1000

2008/2000

Made it!

Thanks, Ted for hosting these last two months!! Really appreciate your hard work for all of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter