• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August Exercise Challenge - Moving Through The Dog Days Of Summer - 25 challengers!

After DH got home yesterday he wanted to go for a walk so we checked out a running/bike trail. 75 min.

Today went to a flower festivle and was there for 2 hrs will count 60 of it as exercise.

new total 1008/1000

Hello everyone. Been kind of a yucky week for me. Been nursing a painful blood blister that caused me to avoid shoes most of the week. Managed 45 minutes on the elliptical on Wednesday night and then today's long walk was about 180 minutes. This brings me to

1527/1700

Thanks!
Brooke

I came down with a cold this week, so I didn't run on Friday (really shouldn't have run on Thursday even though I did) and yesterday was a scheduled day off.

Went out this morning and got the long run of my half marathon training plan in - 12 miles in 144 minutes.

Total now 1214/1600.

I don't think I'm going to make it to my goal this month, but other than minutes, this has still been a really good month.

Congratulations to indygirl99 and minniebeth who are the first challengers across the finish line this month! Way to go!

Everyone's progress is updated in the first post. 5 days left in the month - lets all finish up strong!

Ted

I was in WDW this weekend for a whirlwind trip. Saturday was a 14 hour day walking in the MK and at DHS and Sunday was a 7 hour day walking at EPCOT. I am calling it 200 minutes walking total (including around the resort, to and from buses & monorail, etc.).

My new total is 1524.

Happy Monday everyone!! Just 5 days left in August...how the heck do the days go so fast!!

Got in a 66 minute walk yesterday morning, that brings me to:

1593/1700.

Hoping to get in a walk this evening...this blister needs it's own zip code at this point, though, so I'm not sure...

Have a great day!

Brooke

Ouch, Brooke about that blister! Hope it goes away very soon...

I can add 256 more minutes to my total, giving me 1346/2000 for a total. It's nice to be back in the saddle or in the tennis shoes, so to speak.

Happy last few days of August - hope everyone is doing well!

Back to the park again last night for 45 minutes of running and walking. That should put my total at 285/500.

90 mins walk/run intervals

I totally underestimated how hot it was today and let my morning go by. I started running at high noon, it was not good. Ugh! I ended up running the first couple of miles and then walked the rest. Slowly. Very slowly. :)

New total: 1188/1000

Good evening everyone, hope you all had a good day. I got in 75 minutes on the elliptical today. Blister is doing better today, yay! Today's exercise brings me to:

1668/1700

Have a good night!!

Brooke

Haven't posted again for a few days....Sunday 30 minutes fundraising walk for a friend's daughter recently diagnosed with cancer, Monday 60 minutes on the elliptical, and today 60 minutes on the elliptical and 75 minutes on the treadmill bringing me to:

2055/2000 ::yes::

I made my goal...it's been a struggle this month but I'm glad to make it!

I am volunteering with our Special Olympics distance walking and running program. Between doing that last night for 50 minutes and 7 minutes of kettlebells, I am at 1581/1600.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter