August MK Hours

Yeah unfortuantely I dont think the emails and tweets will help. They still can and might change park hours up to a week before (i think i have seen that happen before) so its still possible. However I think the next couple of weeks will let them know if the crowds dictate later hours or not. I am actually more bummed about DHS hours. Last year they were open to 1030 several nights the week I am going and since we are staying at BC i was hoping to get over there for a few late nights.

I sent an email as well. I am sure it wont help but worth a try. We go in August every year and stay at the parks late to take advantage of lower temps during the night hours.

I'm going to be in the area Aug 13-16th for a convention and I am really hoping the hours change but am not optimistic. I just booked Fast Passes on an After 5PM Convention Ticket and every single ride was open on both the 13 and 14th during the evening hours. I got Mine Train 27 days out, so I suspect the capacity isn't to a point yet where they're willing to add time. :(

I'm going to be in the area Aug 13-16th for a convention and I am really hoping the hours change but am not optimistic. I just booked Fast Passes on an After 5PM Convention Ticket and every single ride was open on both the 13 and 14th during the evening hours. I got Mine Train 27 days out, so I suspect the capacity isn't to a point yet where they're willing to add time. :(

That's interesting since Mine Train FP are long gone for Aug 18 and 20. They can't extend hours on the 20th because of EMM and MNSSHP, but I'm hoping later hours on the 18th will appear to spread the crowds some.

I sent an email and a tweet

The response to the email was along the lines of we take your concerns seriously and will forward to the appropriate people

No response on twitter

I just emailed as well, expressing quite a bit of frustration and also pointing out their competition. Not feeling it will make a difference, but maybe someone will listen. Best case scenario the MK planner was out on vacation and our update comes tomorrow afternoon!

I sent an email to George Kalogridis at lunch and got a call within a few hours. Called them back as I was working. She said that MK was open at 10 on Sat and that I could rearrange my days. I said I have a FoP FP in the evening that I don't want to give up. Then she said she would rearrange my FPs for me but I said I needed to stay at AK that day as I had other plans. She couldn't say they would be changed. In fact she said that they usually adjust hours based on how busy it is and then said its been busy all summer so she was surprised they weren't longer. Told me to call if I could think of something thy could do for me.

For only $130 a person, you can partake in Disney After Hours and experience short lines and free treats. :fish:
I wish. The week I’m there AK is the only park with DAH. It’s ridiculous to have to pay that to enjoy late nights in the parks but if more were available I’d book them all.

I sent an email to George Kalogridis at lunch and got a call within a few hours. Called them back as I was working. She said that MK was open at 10 on Sat and that I could rearrange my days. I said I have a FoP FP in the evening that I don't want to give up. Then she said she would rearrange my FPs for me but I said I needed to stay at AK that day as I had other plans. She couldn't say they would be changed. In fact she said that they usually adjust hours based on how busy it is and then said its been busy all summer so she was surprised they weren't longer. Told me to call if I could think of something thy could do for me.
Well that’s nice of them to offer to change your schedule around for you. A schedule that they have you creating 180 days out for dining and 60/ 30 day for FPs. 🙄 At least they didn’t tell you that they have fireworks to watch if you’re looking for something to do at night, like they told me

You lucked out. I’ve been trying to modify our Mine Train fastpasses for 8/13 for weeks, and it’s been showing no availability.

For only $130 a person, you can partake in Disney After Hours and experience short lines and free treats. :fish:
Unfortunately, a lot of people will pay for this. Myself included.
I wish. The week I’m there AK is the only park with DAH. It’s ridiculous to have to pay that to enjoy late nights in the parks but if more were available I’d book them all.

Keep paying and they will keeping upping the game. On another site someone called us "rubes" who will pay whatever and sing the praises of TWDC.... its true, but I am done after seeing the final Illuminations. And its heartbreaking to say that.

This is exactly the reason we are done with Disney. We have gone in February, April, and August. In summer, we need the early openings and late hours due to the heat. We stayed on site in order to go and take pool breaks unless they closed due to lightning. Paying $100+ extra pp for the hours we enjoyed previously??? NO THANKS! The constant price creep is cray-cray.

We went to Portugal this April for spring break and it was LESS expensive than a spring break Disney vacation. Plus the food was better, it was way more relaxing, and the experiences were real, not artificial.

That said, I am still a Disney girl at heart, but they have to tack and change course to win me back. They have strayed so far from Walt's vision...…………..

~ Marci

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter