August MK Hours

Nope not counting party nights. Just Tuesday at Epcot and Wednesday at MK both open till 11 with EMH my week. I agree that not so long ago MK would be open till midnight in the summer with EMH making park open till 2 or 3. Those days are gone though sadly.

Unfortunately, I think current WDW management looks at the parks like a big retail store and closes early now because they don’t make enough profit selling stuff during the late hours. Staying until midnight with an additional 3 hours of EMH used to be the norm for resort guests. Now we only get 2 hours and if we want to stay past midnight at the MK? That’s gonna cost you $130-150 for a after hours event...

I sent an email to George Kalogridis at lunch and got a call within a few hours. Called them back as I was working. She said that MK was open at 10 on Sat and that I could rearrange my days. I said I have a FoP FP in the evening that I don't want to give up. Then she said she would rearrange my FPs for me but I said I needed to stay at AK that day as I had other plans. She couldn't say they would be changed. In fact she said that they usually adjust hours based on how busy it is and then said its been busy all summer so she was surprised they weren't longer. Told me to call if I could think of something thy could do for me.
That was nice they reached out to offer that to you, thats why we all keep coming back, they do have great customer service...even though they are nickel and diming us!!

Hopefully our contacting them and their monitoring of the boards spurred them to reassess the means by which they seek to increase their bottom line.

That was nice they reached out to offer that to you, thats why we all keep coming back, they do have great customer service...even though they are nickel and diming us!!
holy crap!! So so happy! I tweeted them but so thankful to all who emailed!

I was just coming to post that TP lowered their crowd level prediction and I see the hours increased!! Yay! But I can’t believe MK closes at 10pm on the Saturday we’ll be there (8/17). Oh well, you win some you lose some.

Yay! It’s only an hour but I’ll take it! Thanks to everyone who emailed! And I was so happy to see the crowd level predictions drop, too. Looks like it’s shaping up to be a great trip!

A lot of our days went up on TP for the parks we are doing on those days :( We are going 8/24-9/4.

I can’t believe it. When I sent my email last night, I thought for sure it was an exercise in futility. Nicely done everyone!

Makes me think even harder if the VAH is worth it if MK is open until 12am on EMH night and 10pm every other night we are there (10 nights total)

Did you guys do it???!!??

Midnight on the 21st really puts a smile on my face.
Can you guys now complain about HS so that stays open later too? Thanks! :rotfl2:
Yes!!! My FP+ situation prevents me from being at MK on the night they have EMH but I would love a late HS night! HS has 9 PM closes the entire time we are there.

Our MK day on August 7th went from 9-11pm EMH to 10-midnight EMH (yay! :cloud9:). I have been trying hard to get a FP for 8:30pm (or later now) for BTMRR (we have a dinner reservation at 6:15 then FP for Splash at 7:30pm and really would like BTMRR for 8:30pm but couldn't get it at 60+1 days out). I like to FP Splash and BTMRR while we are at the back of the park. I've been checking constantly since the extra hour has been added today, but no luck. Will Disney add more FP for BTMRR now that official park close went from 9 to 10? Is it worth it to keep checking?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter