Bahama Dreamin' Feb 27 2017

5020: Monika (DW) & Matt (DH) & Barbara (5)
no allergies
Barbara loves all the princesses, Moana #1 right now

5022: Dziadzio (grandpa) & Babcia Anna (grandma)
no allergies
not big Disney fans but they're crazy about their granddaughter

Your info is updated on the first post and the spreadsheet...I don't have time right now to get you on a deck map, I'll take care of that tomorrow.

Cheers!
Eric

Well...this is our first cruise as DVC members...we just pulled the trigger last year. So I don't have any personal experience...BUT according to a very recent ships entertainment schedule...called the Personal Navigator, the DVC meet and greet takes place at 2:30 in the D-Lounge, deck 4 mid-ship on embarkation day. I've also heard that DVC members receive a phone call from DVC about a week prior to the cruise, again no personal experience...just what I've heard from others. So hopefully we'll both be receiving phone calls from DVC this week!

BTW, have you downloaded the Disney Cruise Line app to your phone(s) yet?
Thank you that's awesome! I'll do some research into this dvc thing. Looks like we're doing a lot of the same things- will be nice to see you on the cruise and maybe MK party.
I have the app ready and counting down for me

Hi all, I just found this thread - this will be my very first Disney Cruise. Can't wait.
This will be my DD(5) first cruise ever and I'd love to meet up with other Dis-ers who have kids around the same age. She is a social butterfly.

We're in stateroom 5020 & 5022 and celebrating our 1st DCL and 3 birthdays (DD 5, grandpa 70 and grandma 69).

Sorry for sounding like a total noob, I'm well versed in all things WDW but I have no clue about DCL.

Can someone explain what these FE maps, or gifts are and what or how do I sign up?

Hey Monika, sorry I'm late to this message but I think we're your cruise neighbors across the way in 5522. I'm cruising with my DD(6) and DD(3) as well my best friend and her husband with her niece(6). They are very princess girls and social too and I'm sure would love to include your DD if she'd like. They plan on being at the Oceaneers club a lot as my oldest daughter LOVED it last time haha We are also staying at BCV after the cruise. So excited! Almost 8 days to go!:banana:

Hey Monika, sorry I'm late to this message but I think we're your cruise neighbors across the way in 5522. I'm cruising with my DD(6) and DD(3) as well my best friend and her husband with her niece(6). They are very princess girls and social too and I'm sure would love to include your DD if she'd like. They plan on being at the Oceaneers club a lot as my oldest daughter LOVED it last time haha We are also staying at BCV after the cruise. So excited! Almost 8 days to go!:banana:

Well hello future neighbor! It would be great for B to make some new friends to play with. We're hoping that she'll enjoy the Oceaneers club- but it's our first time and I understand that only kids go in. Well have to wait and see.

I've been trying to switch to beach club for the night after the cruise but nothing yet. BWV is our home resort so we're ok there. Are you guys going to the DVC MK party on the 3rd too?

I really can't wait until Saturday! This weekend is full of prep work- making decorations for the doors, making the FE, pirate shirts and packing. Takes hard work to pull off all that magic!

Really looking forward to meeting you all.

So here's a question to ALL:
I was looking at the deck map and seems like everyone is on the right hand side of the boat except for me (and family). What's wrong with the left side? :sad2: Is there something someone forgot to tell me? :rolleyes1

So here's a question to ALL:
I was looking at the deck map and seems like everyone is on the right hand side of the boat except for me (and family). What's wrong with the left side? :sad2: Is there something someone forgot to tell me? :rolleyes1

You have a full view of Castaway Cay from the right side. :thumbsup2 The left side view is the dock and Post Office; you'll be able to wave hello and goodbye to the dock worker CMs though :wave2:

However, this is only true on the Dream and Fantasy because they back in to Castaway. If you sail on the Magic or Wonder, they go in bow first, so the left side would be the Castaway view side.

You have a full view of Castaway Cay from the right side. :thumbsup2 The left side view is the dock and Post Office; you'll be able to wave hello and goodbye to the dock worker CMs though :wave2:

However, this is only true on the Dream and Fantasy because they back in to Castaway. If you sail on the Magic or Wonder, they go in bow first, so the left side would be the Castaway view side.

Ahh now I get it. I guess that's why the rooms were available. It's ok, I'm still happy with our rooms.

Ahh now I get it. I guess that's why the rooms were available. It's ok, I'm still happy with our rooms.
Most people don't spend a lot of time in their cabins anyway! Your daughter probably won't ever want to leave the Oceaneers Club! Be sure an ck it out when you get on board, all the youth areas have an open house on embarkation day.

Well hello future neighbor! It would be great for B to make some new friends to play with. We're hoping that she'll enjoy the Oceaneers club- but it's our first time and I understand that only kids go in. Well have to wait and see.

I've been trying to switch to beach club for the night after the cruise but nothing yet. BWV is our home resort so we're ok there. Are you guys going to the DVC MK party on the 3rd too?

I really can't wait until Saturday! This weekend is full of prep work- making decorations for the doors, making the FE, pirate shirts and packing. Takes hard work to pull off all that magic!

Really looking forward to meeting you all.

Yes, the first day the Oceaneers club will be open house so you can check it out with your daughter and see what she thinks, also, if she does want to stay when it's just her, you'll have your wave phone so she can always ask a CM to call you if she wants to leave.

I'm actually not doing the DVC MK party. My parents are the DVC owners but they won't be coming this time-just letting us use their points☺ I think the DVC owner has to present at gate to get guest in. I'm sure you all will have a great time! We did the Typhoon Lagoon DVC Beach Bash last year with my family and it was a blast!!

Well thank you Eric for including me in your meet and explaining all the FE stuff. I just read the entire thread - now I get it. I didn't realize this was a gift exchange thing - just figured we'd meet up somewhere. LOL I'm very new to all of this, heck I didn't book the cruise until December and got my cabin assigned in January. We're super thrilled that we got the cabins we wanted and connecting too!!!

I have a couple questions - and I apologize if they seem really basic and stupid:
The gifts to exchange with other cabins - is it one per day or just one for the cruise?
Are they supposed to be wrapped or no?
I've read that they can be bought or handmade - what is the price point?
Is it safe to assume that people walking by won't steal from the extenders?

It would be great to join in the fun. I understand that I'm late late late to the party so if anyone would like to include us in the exchange that would be great. The only one that is important and would get the biggest kick out of it is my DD Barbara (5) - this is her birthday present and celebration. Here is the additional information you asked for:

5020: Monika (DW) & Matt (DH) & Barbara (5)
no allergies
Barbara loves all the princesses, Moana #1 right now

5022: Dziadzio (grandpa) & Babcia Anna (grandma)
no allergies
not big Disney fans but they're crazy about their granddaughter
:welcome::mickeyjum:goofy::dumbo::maleficen:donald::ccat:

We're happy to know some other families like ours too! We have a DD6 and DD4 - it will be nice if we can meet!

I can't wait!! We leave for Disney Saturday morning and there's still so much to do!!! My DD is bouncing off the walls- for the first time in forever she's asking why are we going to Beach Club first? All she wants is to be on the cruise!!!!

We had a slight change in plans! Instead of driving back to Sarasota after the cruise...and then back to WDW for the MK DVC night...we were able to book a room at Art of Animation for just a few bucks more than our hotel in Sarasota! So no drive at 1 a.m. back to Sarasota! :mickeyjum

We had a slight change in plans! Instead of driving back to Sarasota after the cruise...and then back to WDW for the MK DVC night...we were able to book a room at Art of Animation for just a few bucks more than our hotel in Sarasota! So no drive at 1 a.m. back to Sarasota! :mickeyjum

That's awesome!!!

Very nice initiative, Eric!
We are packing our stuff already and we'll go to the airport tomorrow. Very nice to pack al the things for the FE list ;).

See you soon...

Oh, by the way, our kids don't know that we are going to the cruise. We are looking forward to see their faces when we'll go the the ship instead of Daytona Beach....

We're happy to know some other families like ours too! We have a DD6 and DD4 - it will be nice if we can meet!
Hey! It's a pretty quick cruise so not sure if when/could schedule a meet but I'll definitely be wearing my FE group bracelet if we bump into each other!

Eric, thank you so much for organizing this FE group! It's been magical! We headn out tomorrow and definitely bouncing off the walls :tigger::tigger:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter