Bamb

PrincessNancy96

Scrapbook Mom
Has arrived.. she is currently in AK! :)

Said her phone has been ringing off the hook!!! :) And only once was it me!:rotfl:

So, now it's time to toy with her...
So, what are we going to do so she'll spend days catching up? :surfweb: :rotfl2:

yea, lets keep her busy!
did she say it was nice out? i was really hoping for nice weather for them.

I've asked.. she hasn't responded yet.. I guess we'll also be discussing she should answer all my msgs. before enjoying the DIS Magic..

What is she thinking???

:rotfl: Nancy you are funny!

At least she got in OK. Now to live vicariously through all the DIS Buds down there...sigh....

yea, lets keep her busy!
did she say it was nice out? i was really hoping for nice weather for them.

The weather was tough yesterday when I left to come back home and the forecast was not promising.

Thanks Susie.. I was wondering about that...

We still haven't heard from DH's grandparents.. off to check the local paper of theirs and than start my hourly phone calls...

She says it's rained off/on... breezy but not too bad...
Currently at the Tree of Life..

Wow! I can so see the carvings.. which reminds me.. I need to get all the carvings I took photos of resized for a LO! LOL

For the days to spend catching up...

We could all post random photos and stuff we've been working on lately. For example, I've been working on photos from when DH and I were in Seattle in June. We're going to Tahoe tomorrow for another wedding, and I wanted to get some printed to take, and then I printed some just for me.

DH and I went to Woodland Park Zoo for the morning. Animal Kingdom takes quite a few design elements from Woodland Park. And it was one of the first zoos to work on eliminating cages. So here are a few pics.

bear.jpg

jaguar.jpg

They also have a very successful Gorilla breeding program. This little guy, is the most recent addition.

gorillababy.jpg

After the zoo, DH's sister had a barbecue. They call them "Bobby-Qs" because that is DSIL's DH's name (did you follow that). Grandpa brought his traditional crab dip (he's not allowed to come unless he brings the crab dip) and it isn't Grandpa's crab dip if it isn't served with Bugles.
crabdip.jpg

DH and I were responsible for transporting Grandpa too and from the Bobby-Q. While we were at his house, he showed us a bird that decided to nest on his back porch.

birdnest.jpg

And I took a few pictures of his beautiful roses.

rose1.jpg

rose2.jpg

Thanks Hope that will help!! I'll have to find some photos to post.. maybe some of my tree of life carvings!!

Love the idea of a Bobby-Q!! LOL Had Grandpa not brought his crab dip you and DH may have been kicked out of the Bobby-Q for not bringing it and just bringing Grandpa!!

Beautiful roses!! When they auctioned my Grandpa's house off the new owners tore them out.. He had beautiful full, thick bushes that were across the back of the house.. the neighbors and family just loved them.. Had I thought I would have had DH go over and take them out for us to have!

We can also post all the random thoughts that occupy us during the day.

I just made my lunch, and I grabbed a new can of Pringles. Opening packaged food is when I am reminded that I live in the high altitude now. The covering over the top of the can was as puffed out as it could be, and when you open it, it makes a loud popping sound as the air whooshes out. That didn't happen in AZ or WA. Little pop, and flat top. Regular chip bags are puffed out too, except the ones manufactured locally.

Dealing w/ sister and her wedding plans.

My gosh she has one bridesmaid I'm about to call and let her have it..
She just got married but sent my sister an email telling her she will NOT walk w/ anyone but her husband in the wedding! WHAT? She isn't the maid of honor but her husband is the best man.

I told my Dsis.. (trying to be nice and tactful) politely reply and say, I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. But I am not changing who I have chosen as my maid of honor but if this is truely an issue you can NOT overcome for me on my Wedding Day than perhaps we need to reconsider your involvement! Dsis is just so upset...

Than she tells me that MY DD at 15 is gonna ride in the limo w/ the wedding party that is all drinking age.. UH, I think I'm gonna have to sit on this one for a while and than discuss this with our mother..because while these kids may be trustworthy.. MY DD is only 15... I don't want her int that situation...alone and the youngest...

Is it just me?

Dealing w/ sister and her wedding plans.

My gosh she has one bridesmaid I'm about to call and let her have it..
She just got married but sent my sister an email telling her she will NOT walk w/ anyone but her husband in the wedding! WHAT? She isn't the maid of honor but her husband is the best man.

I told my Dsis.. (trying to be nice and tactful) politely reply and say, I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. But I am not changing who I have chosen as my maid of honor but if this is truely an issue you can NOT overcome for me on my Wedding Day than perhaps we need to reconsider your involvement! Dsis is just so upset...

Than she tells me that MY DD at 15 is gonna ride in the limo w/ the wedding party that is all drinking age.. UH, I think I'm gonna have to sit on this one for a while and than discuss this with our mother..because while these kids may be trustworthy.. MY DD is only 15... I don't want her int that situation...alone and the youngest...

Is it just me?

I would have to say that I would be missing a bridesmaid if she insisted she was to take the maid of honor's spot (walk with the best man).

I wouldn't feel comfortable with DD15 in a limo with drinkers unless they won't be having any liquor in the limo- then it wouldn't be a pressure situation. I can see how you would feel uncomfortable with that and I don't think it would be a big deal if she doesn't ride in the limo. If the wedding party is all coming into the reception together surely they have somewhere she can wait for the limo to arrive and they can't be worried about getting there first- they always come in after the guests.

Rebecca

Glad to hear I'm not over reacting..

DD has a great shoulder on her head..but the idea of "your mom won't care" "it's okay, it's a wedding" and the fact that these kids are not kids she knows well. Her comment to me was "if she tries it, it's no big deal".. WHAT? This is my child, your niece.. It is a big deal!!!

DD is in the wedding and DS7 will be the ring bearer and he is NOT riding w/ them... so since she has asked me to be responsible (almost like the coordinator for the events) why can't my DD come w/ me and the rest of my kids.

I also discuss the "bridal party" dance.. and suggested that instead of making the guy that she walks w/ dance w/ her and making either of them uncomfortable.. if he has a date let them dance and allow my DD to dance w/ either Dad or one of her brothers (I know for a fact that DsS will dance w/ her they have a really tight bond and if he for a moment thought the other guy was gonna try something there would be a scuffle before DH and I could respond! LOL)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter