• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BIG BROTHER 19! SPOILER THREAD! "SUMMER OF TEMPTATION"

I have thought from day 1, Josh was unstable and should be removed. He has some issues for sure.

I think that was even obvious in that first challenge where he made it all about him and took the golden apple to save himself and threw his team under the bus, and then blamed everybody else for "coming after him". Very paranoid -- and that was only 3 days in!!

He is super paranoid! There was the golden apple. The whole scene with Megan. The night Jillian was evicted Cody came up to him and asked who he voted for (not threatening, just a question) and Josh immediately got agitated and asked "why you coming after me?" It escalated of course but it started out as just a question.

He is super paranoid! There was the golden apple. The whole scene with Megan. The night Jillian was evicted Cody came up to him and asked who he voted for (not threatening, just a question) and Josh immediately got agitated and asked "why you coming after me?" It escalated of course but it started out as just a question.

At first I really didn't like Cody telling him to shut up and stop talking and leave the room -- but after watching some feeds and hearing all the drama, I realize they were probably just exhausted from him not shutting his mouth and constantly explaining himself!

At first I really didn't like Cody telling him to shut up and stop talking and leave the room -- but after watching some feeds and hearing all the drama, I realize they were probably just exhausted from him not shutting his mouth and constantly explaining himself!

Yep. That happened after the argument in the kitchen. Josh couldn't let it rest and they asked him repeatedly to stop talking and leave them alone but he had something to say...

Yep. That happened after the argument in the kitchen. Josh couldn't let it rest and they asked him repeatedly to stop talking and leave them alone but he had something to say...

He'd be enough to make you quit the game!

I didn't like Josh the second he went after Megan. Sorry, any man, especially a big man like he is, that yells and gets in the face of a woman, unprovoked no less, is no good in my book. That's why I had no sympathy for him when Cody and Jessica yelled at him. He gets what he gives.

For those who watch both Big Brother & Survivor, this is an interesting read.

Title: 'Survivor' Shows Us Who We Want to Be, but 'Big Brother' Shows Us Who We Are.

I agree with this article. On Survivor, they have the chance to record and edit 39 days worth of footage to craft a story and create these incredible characters and stories that resonate with us and celebrate the perseverance and wit and grit of the people out on an island. When I say that they craft a story, I don't mean that it's scripted or fake or anything, I just mean that they know who wins when they edit and can create the story and show how they won, plus all the other stories about the other castaways. Additionally, Survivor is constantly evolving. They're finding new ways to play. The twists of the game can happen to anyone - not just certain people. America doesn't have a say - can't vote for their favorites (beyond America's favorite - which I think they discontinued).

On the other hand, Big Brother is live and on so often, that they're making the story up as they go along and it can change in an hour. You're rooting for someone one minute and hating them the next. Plus the live-feeds allow everyone who is watching to impact the game. The ugly parts of people are on full display and America will make sure to punish and reward as they see fit. And let's be real, the ugliest parts of America are in this house. There's no editing out the worst of the contestant's behavior. This game also isn't changing, and all of the twists and turns seem to be unfair.

I mean, I obviously still watch it. But every season I wonder why, especially when I started watching Survivor again.

I didn't like Josh the second he went after Megan. Sorry, any man, especially a big man like he is, that yells and gets in the face of a woman, unprovoked no less, is no good in my book. That's why I had no sympathy for him when Cody and Jessica yelled at him. He gets what he gives.

I agree with you, but can we really list Josh as a man? He is a man child..........:rolleyes1

For those who watch both Big Brother & Survivor, this is an interesting read.

Title: 'Survivor' Shows Us Who We Want to Be, but 'Big Brother' Shows Us Who We Are.

I agree with this article. On Survivor, they have the chance to record and edit 39 days worth of footage to craft a story and create these incredible characters and stories that resonate with us and celebrate the perseverance and wit and grit of the people out on an island. When I say that they craft a story, I don't mean that it's scripted or fake or anything, I just mean that they know who wins when they edit and can create the story and show how they won, plus all the other stories about the other castaways. Additionally, Survivor is constantly evolving. They're finding new ways to play. The twists of the game can happen to anyone - not just certain people. America doesn't have a say - can't vote for their favorites (beyond America's favorite - which I think they discontinued).

On the other hand, Big Brother is live and on so often, that they're making the story up as they go along and it can change in an hour. You're rooting for someone one minute and hating them the next. Plus the live-feeds allow everyone who is watching to impact the game. The ugly parts of people are on full display and America will make sure to punish and reward as they see fit. And let's be real, the ugliest parts of America are in this house. There's no editing out the worst of the contestant's behavior. This game also isn't changing, and all of the twists and turns seem to be unfair.

I mean, I obviously still watch it. But every season I wonder why, especially when I started watching Survivor again.

We faithfully watch Survivor, Amazing Race and Big Brother. The only one I think that doesn't fudge with the editing as much as the other show and tends to portray the real scenario is Amazing Race. Many stories have been written by contestants on Survivor who have complained about the editing and how it skews what really happened -- mostly that they show events out of order to make it look like it happened a different way. Personally, I don't trust any of them, but even on Big Brother -- it's not really live except for the feed you can pay for after dark. The only live part we see weekly is the elimination. Otherwise, that show is edited to death to play things the way they want!

And personally, of all the hosts, Phil is number one in our book (followed very closely by cool Jeff) ;)

I agree with you, but can we really list Josh as a man? He is a man child..........:rolleyes1
I read their profiles when the show first started. They were all asked if they could bring one thing inside the house what would it be and why. Most said their dog or a book or something else like that. Josh said his mom so she could cook and clean for him. I'd say that pretty much sums it all up.

I read their profiles when the show first started. They were all asked if they could bring one thing inside the house what would it be and why. Most said their dog or a book or something else like that. Josh said his mom so she could cook and clean for him. I'd say that pretty much sums it all up.

UGH :headache:

So Paul could be on the verge of making a huge life mistake. Apparently in some of the feeds, he suggested he was going to show up in black face when they vote to evict Dom. Oh Paul, please don't do that if you know what's good for you.

So Paul could be on the verge of making a huge life mistake. Apparently in some of the feeds, he suggested he was going to show up in black face when they vote to evict Dom. Oh Paul, please don't do that if you know what's good for you.

I have read about this, he's going to dress like a snake and paint his face.
But if Allison Grodner (the creator of the show) gets wind of this it wont happen. I think she will have producers talk him out of it, because he is HER boy and she wants him to win, IMO

I have read about this, he's going to dress like a snake and paint his face.
But if Allison Grodner (the creator of the show) gets wind of this it wont happen. I think she will have producers talk him out of it, because he is HER boy and she wants him to win, IMO

He was going to do it for the veto ceremony - he was going to be a snake. I'm not sure who came to their senses but thankfully someone did and he just ended up painting a black diamond on his forehead.

I wonder how Dom saying she talks to God and he talks back to her will effect her job. She has some government job, she's suppose to be pretty smart, but saying you are having conversations with God may make you seem unstable. I never get people asking God to help them win money. Isn't greed one of the seven deadly sins??? Honestly, does Dom really think God cares about Big Brother. I think there are more important things going on in the world.

I wonder how Dom saying she talks to God and he talks back to her will effect her job. She has some government job, she's suppose to be pretty smart, but saying you are having conversations with God may make you seem unstable. I never get people asking God to help them win money. Isn't greed one of the seven deadly sins??? Honestly, does Dom really think God cares about Big Brother. I think there are more important things going on in the world.

I think that God cares about everything in the world. Nothing is to small for him to care about. I'd love to have this discussion but it's against Dis rules.

I was also pretty astonished that she would pray for a game. I just don't have a good feeling about people using that for an advantage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter