• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Blackfish

Status
Not open for further replies.
. Mine too. We are passholders and love the park and oh the horror my daughters first cruise memory is swimming with the dolphins when the dolphin spit in her Daddy's face for not kissing him. I am a horrible person....flame away!

What a lovely memory for your daughter! My son's cruise memory is knowing he did not contribute to cetacean captivity and the destruction of thousands of dolphins! Watch "The Cove" and maybe you'll understand.

What a lovely memory for your daughter! My son's cruise memory is knowing he did not contribute to cetacean captivity and the destruction of thousands of dolphins! Watch "The Cove" and maybe you'll understand.
You have yours I have mine and I cherish it

Today, December 12, 2013, a pod of dolphins was driven into the killing cove in Taiji, Japan. After selection of the pretty ones which will be sent to marine parks and swim with dolphin programs, the remainder were slaughtered for their toxic meat.
There's a beautiful memory for you.
Happy Holidays.

Yup still cherish it and will still support Seaworld/Busch gardens. I hope none of you eat any type of meat because those are generally raised in poor conditions then killed to satisfy our wants

Yup still cherish it and will still support Seaworld/Busch gardens. I hope none of you eat any type of meat because those are generally raised in poor conditions then killed to satisfy our wants

Can I get a AMEN! Didn't you know everyone on this thread is a vegetarian. ;)

This has nothing to do with being a vegetarian and if you can't see that, you are beyond hope. Go sit in a closet for the next 20 years. Don't worry. You will be let out for an hour or two a day to perform circus tricks while you are forehead to wear headphones turned up full blast so it jacks with your hearing. If you have a baby, it will be taken away from you when it is still a toddler. Enjoy! What a wonderful life you have! I hope you live to be 100, but you will probably die in your teens or 20's...

This has nothing to do with being a vegetarian and if you can't see that, you are beyond hope. Go sit in a closet for the next 20 years. Don't worry. You will be let out for an hour or two a day to perform circus tricks while you are forehead to wear headphones turned up full blast so it jacks with your hearing. If you have a baby, it will be taken away from you when it is still a toddler. Enjoy! What a wonderful life you have! I hope you live to be 100, but you will probably die in your teens or 20's...

Yea it does, look I'm not into Peta and all that~I eat meat. Every single person who does eat meat does so at the expense of an animals life. A LIFE. Check out the youtube videos if you think for one moment the animals you eat everyday live in humane conditions. Why are the dolphins and whales so high on your list but the chicken or beef you ate last night is not??

If you are aware of how the capture of wild dolphins occurs you will know the meat from the slaughtered pod members is highly toxic. This meat is sold to the Japanese people. It is also a staple in their school meal programs. Buying a ticket to swim with a dolphin is supporting this. Would you feed toxic food to your child?

You must also remember these captive dolphins are wild animals. There are documented incidents of people bring injured while participating in these activities. They have raked limbs with their teeth, bitten and dragged people across their pools. The reason you don't hear it very often is because it most often occurs in other countries. When you swim with dolphins on a cruise, including Disney, it's in Mexico or a Caribbean island. I would never put my child at risk for that memory.

I'm a vegetarian but I also believe you can advocate for any animal even if you're not. I would like to know who said it has to be all or nothing? I have been advocating for cetaceans for 40 years and only gave up meat 10 years ago. Call me a hypocrite for 30 of those years but I made progress. You can use that to help your argument if you like but those of us that care will continue to soldier on!

Yea it does, look I'm not into Peta and all that~I eat meat. Every single person who does eat meat does so at the expense of an animals life. A LIFE. Check out the youtube videos if you think for one moment the animals you eat everyday live in humane conditions. Why are the dolphins and whales so high on your list but the chicken or beef you ate last night is not??

The chicken and beef are also on my radar. I have stopped eating beef and pork. I do my best to only but range free chicken.

Every effort counts.

While you are making no effort to improve the lives of any animals, you are condemning those who are trying to make some difference. However small.

Your arguments are thoughtless.

I have no issue with animals that are raised and slaughtered for food in a humane and respectful way. I do not have a problem with humane hunting for food either. Notice the word "HUMANE"??? You have ZERO idea of the food I consume and, until you do, maybe you should stop commenting on it.

There is nothing humane about ripping these orca families apart like $eaworld does. There is nothing humane about the dolphin slaughter in Taiji.

I am NOT a fan of PETA. I feel they often do more harm than good. I am against animals being tortured for a person's entertainment. I am against animals being tested on for cosmetics, household cleaning supplies, etc.

This thread (and this last page in particular) is a great example of why people on this crusade are so off-putting.

You don't need to see Blackfish to know that keeping large predators in small tanks is dangerous not only for them but for any human near them. It was after looking up the research and finding the facts, higher mortality rate in calves in captivity than in the wild. the halved life span of the adults the violence between them because of family units being broken up. the mere fact that if you are breeding animals the first rule of thumb is not to breed from an known aggressive animal and Tillikum has killed three people know. They made an interesting comment on the "stoner" on how did he get passed the security the cameras and the night trainer.We have done things in the past that are now considered wrong this is one now. Retire all of them to sea pens no more breeding let them die out naturally and put whale and dolphin in captivity into the past.

How did this thread go from a discussion of the documentary to a p*****g contest between a couple of posters over who are trying to out each other as hypocrites?

This thread (and this last page in particular) is a great example of why people on this crusade are so off-putting.

Oh please. Everything in this thread was fine and dandy til RN_Mom saunters in and decides she has to "agree" with a post that was made OVER A MONTH AGO and then a bunch of posters decide to call the boycott of $eaworld supporters hypocrites, etc. Your comment does nothing to help the tone of the conversation so when you make a derogatory remark about people in this thread are "off-putting", take a long look in the mirror and then go post somewhere else.

Oh please. Everything in this thread was fine and dandy til RN_Mom saunters in and decides she has to "agree" with a post that was made OVER A MONTH AGO and then a bunch of posters decide to call the boycott of $eaworld supporters hypocrites, etc. Your comment does nothing to help the tone of the conversation so when you make a derogatory remark about people in this thread are "off-putting", take a long look in the mirror and then go post somewhere else.

Yes, my goodness, how dare someone think they can post a different opinion. :rotfl:

Pssst, it's called a "discussion board" for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter