Blackfish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh. I thought RN Mom was welcoming open discussion with her comment "Flame on." I actually took it as a challenge.

Yea it does, look I'm not into Peta and all that~I eat meat. Every single person who does eat meat does so at the expense of an animals life. A LIFE. Check out the youtube videos if you think for one moment the animals you eat everyday live in humane conditions. Why are the dolphins and whales so high on your list but the chicken or beef you ate last night is not??
While we should care about the well being of all animals raised for human consumption in some capacity (food, entertainment, etc.) Captivity is especially difficult on cetaceans because they are so evolved. Orca whales have an emotional feeling portion of the brain that is larger, almost twice as bug than the same sections of the human brain. They are not big dumb animals, they know what is happening to them. Why would you not want to nurture them if you could? They are very emotional animals. Listen to the stories of when the babies are separated from their mothers. These mother grieve for months, some never get over it. How can anyone say that is good for the mothers or the babies?!

I do not like the militant actions of organizations like PETA. I understand that their tactics do not win over supporters. From an emotional stand point, please educate yourself before buying a ticket. Read:
Killer in the Pool
Death at Seaworld
Granny's Pod (a children's book about one of the oldest living orca whales; read if and think about how very different Tilly and the other Seaworld whales lives are.)
Visit the website: The Orca Project

Anti-Caps...Cute Story:

I received the email yesterday about all of the show cancellations from The Orca Project. I was thrilled. I shared with DS 7 and he jumped up and down and cheered. Made me a proud momma. I think I need to order him a free tilikum shirt!

Anti-Caps...Cute Story:

I received the email yesterday about all of the show cancellations from The Orca Project. I was thrilled. I shared with DS 7 and he jumped up and down and cheered. Made me a proud momma. I think I need to order him a free tilikum shirt!

Ha - that's awesome your son was so happy! Did you let him watch Blackfish? I have only let DD - 7 in February - watch some parts of it. I'm afraid she will get really upset when they discuss taking the babies from their mothers. She is such an animal lover that seeing one in pain for any reason is very upsetting to her.

Anti-Caps...Cute Story:

Wonderful! Please tell your son there's a lady in Pittsburgh that thinks he's great and loves his caring heart!

Wow! EVERYONE is entitled to their opinions even if we disagree with you! I'm not saying your opinions are wrong just stated what mine were.

I just watched it last night. I haven't read any of the responses here yet. But I do believe they knew tilikum was a killer when they brought him over here. He was a very aggressive dangerous whale and not only did they continue to allow trainers in the water with him they used him as the breeder male for all their babies.

There were quite a few deaths that nobody knew about that were exposed during Blackfish.

What shocks me even more is that after all the ppl who died, when OSHA ruled that Sea World could no longer allow trainers in the water with the animals, SEA WORLD APPEALED. They still wanted to be able to allow trainers in the water.

It pisses me off that every time someone was killed by the whale they found a way to blame it on the person who died and always denied it was aggression on the part of the whale.

I know lately I have read stories of several entertainers pulling out of doing shows at SW after seeing this documentary. I know most ppl will still keep going to Sea World. The small amount that decide to boycott Sea World will not hurt their bottom line profits.

I don't know if we will ever go back to Sea World or not but I won't make that decision based on this movie. The trainers are no longer allowed in the water so nobody else should die. But that is no thanks to Sea World.

ETA: They do show some pretty shocking footage in the movie so know that going in. They show an entire incident of one of the whales TRYING to kill one of the trainers and it is hard to watch.

ETA: Animals do not do tricks in water parks because they want to or enjoy it they do it because if they do not perform they withhold food. That is a known fact of training animals. Otherwise if that is not the case why do they feed them when they do the trick well? Because if they don't do the trick well they do not feed them. I don't care if the trainers were fired or quit on their own. They may have been fired because they were a squeaky wheel about the abuse and treatment of the animals and Sea World got rid of them. It seems someone who is totally biased against this film and the truth shouldn't be waving a flag about how biased this film is and how it is full of lies. It is the truth and everybody who has ever had anything to do with Sea World knows it.

This has nothing to do with being a vegetarian and if you can't see that, you are beyond hope. Go sit in a closet for the next 20 years. Don't worry. You will be let out for an hour or two a day to perform circus tricks while you are forehead to wear headphones turned up full blast so it jacks with your hearing. If you have a baby, it will be taken away from you when it is still a toddler. Enjoy! What a wonderful life you have! I hope you live to be 100, but you will probably die in your teens or 20's...
Lmao!! It's rants like this on this forum, in political forums and elsewhere that make people not listen to your opinion! Like I have said before you have your opinion and I have mine, that's the way life works!

Lmao!! It's rants like this on this forum, in political forums and elsewhere that make people not listen to your opinion! Like I have said before you have your opinion and I have mine, that's the way life works!

It's ok. It's so beyond obvious you only posted to stir **** up. I will continue to do what I can to raise awareness and you can enjoy your blissful ignorance. Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter