Bon Voyage or Garden Grill breakfast

Lalyde

Earning My Ears
I know no one can really answer this but it is fun to ask. :) I wanted to book garden grill character breakfast but it is not available on my desired date 1/30 so in the mean time I booked bon voyage as a back up. If a spot opens up at garden grill shpuld I switch? I am kind of excited at the menu options for bon voyage. My kids (5 and 7) both like princesses but since we are already doing CRT I though it might be fun to see different characters as well. Any advice? I am open to other ideas as well because this stuff is just fun to think about while I wait for vacation dates to actually come. :sunny:

I'm no help because I enjoy them both. GG is harder to get due to the very limited breakfast hours. Bon Voyage the Characters are great & its the only opportunity to see Prince Eric & Flynn Rider. At Garden Grill the characters seem to come around at least twice when we dine there.

I know no one can really answer this but it is fun to ask. :) I wanted to book garden grill character breakfast but it is not available on my desired date 1/30 so in the mean time I booked bon voyage as a back up. If a spot opens up at garden grill shpuld I switch? I am kind of excited at the menu options for bon voyage. My kids (5 and 7) both like princesses but since we are already doing CRT I though it might be fun to see different characters as well. Any advice? I am open to other ideas as well because this stuff is just fun to think about while I wait for vacation dates to actually come. :sunny:
Tough choice! I personally love GG. Character meals with Chip & Dale is quite rare. And they're my fave. The food at breakfast is so good too! I was impressed with how fresh and tasty everything was. And yes we got to see all of the characters at least twice as well. Love that place! If you get a GG ADR i'd switch personally. :)

Last month, we ate dinner at Garden Grill and it was excellent. Maybe try GG for something other than breakfast?

I kind of thought that Bon Voyage was just OK. We had eaten breakfast there a number of times before it was a character meal and it was much better than.

Tough choice! We do GG breakfast EVERY trip. It is our favorite. Love the characters and daughter loves the sticky bun. We did Bon Voyage for the first time in July and I have it booked for our Christmas trip as well. I fell in love with the tangled eggs and we both love the potatoes. We are staying at BWI this trip so BVB is convenient. If I were staying somewhere other than an Epcot Resort, I would opt for Garden Grill, because the characters are awesome (I wasn't impressed with the characters at Bon Voyage, except Eric) and it is more convenient than leaving Epcot to go to breakfast. But food wise, Bon Voyage would win for me.

I just did Bon Voyage a few weeks ago and I loved it! The steak and eggs breakfast was soooo good! But i am also a fan of GG, so I am not help either.

Well we did Bon Voyage once and have done GG 3 x with another booked in March. There's my answer! :D

We ate at GG last week & it was delicious. We were able to spend quality time with the characters & the food was delicious. We are going to Bon Voyage our next trip in February because my husband heard that the breakfast calzone is delicious. LOL

I don't think you can go wrong with either option. The food at both is very good for a character meal. I think it really comes down to which characters do you want to meet. And both have characters you don't see as often at other character M&Gs.

We did both of these last August and loved them both!!! Bon Voyage food was amazing as well as the characters! My husband who is hard to please still talks about it. We are planning on going there again this year. We also loved GG food was good especially the cinnamon bun. Service was excellent both places! Maybe do both!

While we haven't been to GG, the food is pretty basic. Bon Voyage had incredible character interaction and the food was so good. I still dream about the poached egg over soft polenta with sausage and Sunday gravy.

We did both on your recent trip (last week) and I'm for the Bon Voyage. GG is good and the character interaction entertaining. Bon Voyage the food was better and as others have stated you get to meet two characters that you don't normally get to meet (Flynn and Eric). My DW got her AP cutting board signed by all of the characters from both. :)

Tough call. Both get great reviews. A pre-park-opening reservation at Garden Grill also has the potential benefit of riding Soarin' with minimal wait times and not needing a fastpass. The good news is that I don't think you can go wrong with either one!

I've never eaten at either, but we have a breakfast scheduled at Bon Voyage on our departure day so I'm happy to see positive reviews! We will be staying at the BC so it seemed like the perfect chance to go.

Bon is a better meal. Food is a lot better, and a more fun atmosphere. Character interaction is great at both.

However, I would pick GG if it was ppo so we could ride soarin without a fp.

GG is very good. Bon voyage is excellent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter