Borrowing Points Question

lionqueen

Mouseketeer
I should know the answer...but I don't! I have a Dec UY and have my full allotment of 2019 points. If i took a trip October 2019. Can I borrow from 2019 and 2020 if i need to? TIA

You are in your December 2018 Use Year, because that is when it started, December 2018. So, if you take a trip before the end f the Use Year, you will need to Borrow points from your upcoming December 2019 Use Year, and bring them back into 2018 Use Year

With a trip during your Dec 2018 UY, you cannot borrow points from your Dec 2020 UY.

Going to try and see if this would get answered without starting a new thread.

If I need to borrow points to make a reservation, when does the "borrowing" actually occur? When I click to authorize borrowing DURING the process of booking a reservation? Or AFTER I have successfully make the reservation?

In other words, would borrowing still occur after I authorize it, but fail to finalize the booking because the inventory is already gone after I click "book"? TIA.

LAX

Going to try and see if this would get answered without starting a new thread.

If I need to borrow points to make a reservation, when does the "borrowing" actually occur? When I click to authorize borrowing DURING the process of booking a reservation? Or AFTER I have successfully make the reservation?

In other words, would borrowing still occur after I authorize it, but fail to finalize the booking because the inventory is already gone after I click "book"? TIA.

LAX
You have to borrow the points to complete making the reservation. If you don't have enough points to make the reservation, you can't book it.

Just saw another part of your post. if you get to the screen that allows you to borrow, as long as you complete the process within 20 mimutes, you won’t lose the room.

It puts it on hold for that length of time. But, if you decide to not book the room at the last step and just go back to home page without booking, your points will not be borrowed as they only do that when you actually have a room booked!

Just saw another part of your post. if you get to the screen that allows you to borrow, as long as you complete the process within 20 mimutes, you won’t lose the room.

It puts it on hold for that length of time. But, if you decide to not book the room at the last step and just go back to home page without booking, your points will not be borrowed as they only do that when you actually have a room booked!

Thanks. I had to borrow once before, but it didn't matter when the borrowing actually took place because it wasn't a difficult to book reservation.

LAX

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter