• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Brazil - the next likely pavilion

What a ridiculous criticism. What's tame about Pandora as a whole? It's the biggest risk Disney has taken in years. Imagineering is at the top of its game and will be putting out plenty of incredible work in the next 4 years.

As for Brazil, it's an excellent choice. There is literally no South American representation in all of Disney World with the exception of it's a small world maybe. It's a lush, beautiful, culturally rich country and will be a perfect addition to World Showcase. Aside from Australia (one of my dreams is to see it in Animal Kingdom one day) I think it's absolutely the best choice (Egypt or India would also be awesome).

Imagineering is no where near the top of its game...it does nothing but simulators, its takes FOREVER to do anything, and they never go the extra mile to build anything that has a potential to become a "classic" disney innovative design.

A lot of that are the corporate overlords...granted...but when your shining star is goofy joe who never met a budget he couldn't blow...then you have issues.

To put it in relative terms: Comcast had been more productive for the dollars spent since they took over universal.

Or in case you get confused on your way to the magic kingdom...just go to Epcot instead...

Come on...you really need that frivolity everyday you hang out there?

There is such a thing as overkill.

Ratatouille makes sense to me...I actually think nemo makes sense...

But it's not "match the cartoon to the country". Is everyone required to act like they're 7? At least let me get hammered at the beer stands next to all these cartoon rides first.

I want to do more than shop and eat when I go to a theme park. I could do that at any rinky dink mall in the world and it would be a lot cheaper.

The theming would still remain different than Magic, so I see no reason not to build new attractions. Besides Magic kingdom had about 20.4 million visitors last year, while Epcot had about 11.7 million. So it is a great park to model something after.

The food booths would still remain for all the people who like small portions and big prices. As for the drunks they can still get wasted at all of the parks and act like a buffoon. It's just now non alcoholics will actually have things to do. :drinking:

I want to do more than shop and eat when I go to a theme park. I could do that at any rinky dink mall in the world and it would be a lot cheaper.

The theming would still remain different than Magic, so I see no reason not to build new attractions. Besides Magic kingdom had about 20.4 million visitors last year, while Epcot had about 11.7 million. So it is a great park to model something after.

The food booths would still remain for all the people who like small portions and big prices. As for the drunks they can still get wasted at all of the parks and act like a buffoon. It's just now non alcoholics will actually have things to do. :drinking:

What you described is not Epcot at all and I hope it never happens.

A collection of one and dones like elsas boats and food stands. Magic kingdom sideways...

If you had to describe the worst case scenario...that's pretty close to the mark.

What you described is not Epcot at all and I hope it never happens.

A collection of one and dones like elsas boats and food stands. Magic kingdom sideways...

If you had to describe the worst case scenario...that's pretty close to the mark.

You can have your cake and eat it too. The rides can showcase both animated movies and their countries. There's not many examples because again there is only 2 rides in WS, but one of them walks the line very nicely.

Frozen... just kidding. Mexico has a ride with 3 cartoon birds, but it also shows its pavilions country. Plus like we've said Ratatoulle would/will be awesome.

Imagineering is no where near the top of its game...it does nothing but simulators, its takes FOREVER to do anything, and they never go the extra mile to build anything that has a potential to become a "classic" disney innovative design.

A lot of that are the corporate overlords...granted...but when your shining star is goofy joe who never met a budget he couldn't blow...then you have issues.

To put it in relative terms: Comcast had been more productive for the dollars spent since they took over universal.

I agree that Comcast has been much mor productive with their dollars spent - Disney definitely seems to have issues staying on budget

However I think it is hard to say the "never go the extra mile" - the themeing to the land of Pandora is pretty amazing and definitely "the extra mile" - now you can say it wasn't the correct "extra mile" for them to do or that you just don't liek it - but a lot of time and effort went into that land

I'm not talking about all of the Brazilians of the world.

I'm sure there are probably some very nice people from Brazil, but they are overshadowed. The first thing people think of when it relates to Disney and Brazilians is their annoying, rude tour groups. Chanting like a bunch of foolish cheerleaders and pushing passed families to get to the front of lines. One bad apple spoils the bunch, but in this case thousands spoil the perception of millions.

You really think millions of people have a poor perception of Brazil based on the tour groups?:lmao:

I think most of those "millions" would see the kids and think the problem is poorly unsupervised teens rather than their nationality.

The first thing I think of is the former cast member I met in New York. She was a lot of fun.

crying.gif

You really think millions of people have a poor perception of Brazil based on the tour groups?:lmao:

I think most of those "millions" would see the kids and think the problem is poorly unsupervised teens rather than their nationality.

The first thing I think of is the former cast member I met in New York. She was a lot of fun.

funny-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif

Hello Mcfly, anybody home? I'm saying millions of Brazilians. If you're going to quote my outlandish comments quote it right.

Last edited:

Lol. Sorry, hadn't had my coffee yet.

But there you go, I gave you an idea of make it even more outlandish! Shoot for the stars!!

Yep, indeed fine sir and gentleman. It's no problem, I've waiting for a chance to use some funny smilies. So thanks a lot.
happy-friends-smiley-emoticon.gif

Last edited:
I agree that Comcast has been much mor productive with their dollars spent - Disney definitely seems to have issues staying on budget

However I think it is hard to say the "never go the extra mile" - the themeing to the land of Pandora is pretty amazing and definitely "the extra mile" - now you can say it wasn't the correct "extra mile" for them to do or that you just don't liek it - but a lot of time and effort went into that land

I think the "extra mile" would have been to add more mainline attractions...not spend 7 years designing and building what - from all accounts - are 1.5 rides.

I hear the floating mountains are cool and the design is great...I won't argue with that...but imagineering has to concentrate on the park operational aspect: which is more focus on things that hold the average non disboarders attention for more than 90 seconds

And it's sill amazing that this management...which has their pants on fire to make profit off the parks...doesn't realize that's the ONLY way to do it.

Get em there fighting over fastpasses...that's what results in the most business.

You can have your cake and eat it too. The rides can showcase both animated movies and their countries. There's not many examples because again there is only 2 rides in WS, but one of them walks the line very nicely.

Frozen... just kidding. Mexico has a ride with 3 cartoon birds, but it also shows its pavilions country. Plus like we've said Ratatoulle would/will be awesome.

I trusted the original Epcot planners/designers to do that...because they had spent 40 years trying to innovate and develop original stories...

The current crop?

Nope...Pixar has become a sequel Factory...Star Wars has a pretty overt political agenda going (it wasn't broke...don't fix it)...and they spend too much time backslapping...
Frozen was a good movie. But they should move on. Instead they overplayed it and are in the middle of a decade of bumbling to make it a "crown jewel"

What you're asking doesn't fit the players...you're asking a blocking tight end to hit breaking pitches on the outer half of the plate.

I trusted the original Epcot planners/designers to do that...because they had spent 40 years trying to innovate and develop original stories...

The current crop?

Nope...Pixar has become a sequel Factory...Star Wars has a pretty overt political agenda going (it wasn't broke...don't fix it)...and they spend too much time backslapping...
Frozen was a good movie. But they should move on. Instead they overplayed it and are in the middle of a decade of bumbling to make it a "crown jewel"

What you're asking doesn't fit the players...you're asking a blocking tight end to hit breaking pitches on the outer half of the plate.

I miss the old Epcot too (World of Motions and Horizons), but those days are gone. Might as well go with the train. Every major theme park in America wants to have an IP, even Six Flags.

I agree, Pixar has become too Sequel-centric, but most successful movies nowadays have a sequel. Continuing the series could actually benefit Disney in the parks. Rides and Lands stay relevant thanks to sequels for films like Avatar, Toy Story and Star Wars.

With todays parks IP's and sequels are home runs.

This is so true - and there was something inherently romantic, mysterious and glamorous about Morocco back when it was added to the World Showcase. But it's SUCH a different place now.

That said, the Morocco pavilion is easily the most intricate and impressive of all the World Showcase countries. I don't feel like people spend enough time wandering through the buildings and admiring the impressive handiwork.
100% the best pavilion on the lagoon. The detail and craftsmanship that went into it is unbelievable

I think the "extra mile" would have been to add more mainline attractions...not spend 7 years designing and building what - from all accounts - are 1.5 rides.

I hear the floating mountains are cool and the design is great...I won't argue with that...but imagineering has to concentrate on the park operational aspect: which is more focus on things that hold the average non disboarders attention for more than 90 seconds

And it's sill amazing that this management...which has their pants on fire to make profit off the parks...doesn't realize that's the ONLY way to do it.

Get em there fighting over fastpasses...that's what results in the most business.
Problem is the money grubbers cut out the other attraction for the land, and castrated the boat ride which was supposed to be the third.

You can argue things get underbuilt, but I don't blame imagineering

Problem is the money grubbers cut out the other attraction for the land, and castrated the boat ride which was supposed to be the third.

You can argue things get underbuilt, but I don't blame imagineering

I didn't know there was another attraction planned for Pandora. It sounds like something Disney would do though. I'm surprised they didn't just take one of the mountains from Magic and stick some purple plants on it. "Pandora Space Mountain" or "Na'vi Splash Mountain".

Last edited:
I didn't know there was another attraction planned for Pandora. It sounds like something Disney would do though. I'm surprised they didn't just take one of the mountains from Magic and stick some purple plants on it. "Pandora Space Mountain" or "Na'vi Splash Mountain".
Yep originally three rides but that was an early plan. The boat ride was also supposed to be a more rigorous type rapids adventure through Pandora.

Yep originally three rides but that was an early plan. The boat ride was also supposed to be a more rigorous type rapids adventure through Pandora.

That's too bad they cheaped out, Disney's been doing a lot of costcutting lately. Glass half full, at least they aren't overlays.

I'm alright with the speed of the river journey. Its the shortness and lack of animatronics that I've got a problem with. Perhaps they bit off more than they could chew by putting both attractions in the same mountain.

Greece would be perfect! you already have a popular movie out and the food would be amazing. think about all the Hercules and Hades merchandise :cloud9: the 90's kids would run each other down to get to a Herc ride.

That's too bad they cheaped out, Disney's been doing a lot of costcutting lately. Glass half full, at least they aren't overlays.

I'm alright with the speed of the river journey. Its the shortness and lack of animatronics that I've got a problem with. Perhaps they bit off more than they could chew by putting both attractions in the same mountain.

Budgets and projects always get cut - not really a new situation with Disney. AK was originally supposed to have Beastly Kingdom but due to budgets had to pick either that or Dinoland, not both .... heck, when Disneyland first opened there were tons of just open land and stuff as they didn't have time or money to complete

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter