CA Coast & Disneyland! Pics & Video - Update 9/18- Pg. 12 #177 - The End!

Hi Lynne,
Thanks so much for the fabulous TR! We leave Wednesday for our first trip to DL and I've taken notes. :) I would love to copy your trip, but we will just do DL for 4 days,Legoland and Long & Huntington Beaches.

Kindof strange-we have some things in common . . .I'm a WDW vet, our parents liked extra E's (I'm KellEy AnnE and my sister's middle name is LynnE, I'm also in MI and my DD (a miracle after years of hope) is in first grade.

Oh, I absolutely LOVE my D80 too. Your pics have inspired me ... do you shoot RAW or JPEG? I've taken a bunch of classes at the local college and can't wait to try my skills "on location". Did you ask CM's to take your pictures, I mean the ones with you in them? (FYI Our last trip to WDW (11/06) the photographers were using Nikon D70's, I had the D70s at the time so it was a extra perk exchanging tips with a couple of them. Did you notice what camera they were shooting with in DL?

Sorry for blathering on here (and sorry about the Sparten loss today - we were rooting for Blue today - it was close! ) :cheer2:

Take care and thanks again!

Hello and thank you so much for the nice compliments! :flower3: First off, have a wonderful trip! :goodvibes Only 2 more days to go!!! :woohoo:

Very cool about all that we have in common! :thumbsup2 And...no bad feelings about the Spartans! It was a close game.....there's always next year! :rolleyes:

Glad you love your D80 too! I shoot JPEG. I did ask the CM's to use my camera for pictures of the two of us. However, I used a tripod for some of the shots too! The CM's never had a problem using my camera......they loved using the D80. I believe they used the D70s at DL as well as WDW. :)

Again, thanks for the compliments and have a great trip! :goodvibes

Wow - I just linked over here from your New Year TR. I am going to have to spend a couple hours reading it but what I have seen so far is :thumbsup2 , :thumbsup2 , :thumbsup2 !!!

Wow - I just linked over here from your New Year TR. I am going to have to spend a couple hours reading it but what I have seen so far is :thumbsup2 , :thumbsup2 , :thumbsup2 !!!

Thanks for subbing in to read about my California trip!!! :goodvibes I'm glad you like what you've read so far... We had a really great trip! :)

I also just came over from you Xmas TR....maybe it will bump up this TR for others to read! I really enjoyed this one...I took a 10K mile cross country trip in 1999 but had to skip Yosemite. It was the exact week there were some murders in the park. Thanks for the pictures..now I know I will have to go back someday!!! :goodvibes

Hi Spartangirl! I randomly ran across your trip report about Disneyland and just HAD to read along!!

My DH and I are very much WDW visitors and are VERY unfamiliar with DL. We are thinking about taking our 1 year anniversary trip to DL this upcoming April and I'm trying to find out more about California! It's all so new and different to me...I feel so lost! :laughing:

DH and I just sat and read your entire trip report and it sounds like you both had a blast travelling up the coast and making your way to DL! I LOVE your picture-filled trip report!!! Those kind of TR's are my favorite! ;)

We think that we are going to stay on property at DL all week and just have a nice relaxing vacation but we aren't quite sure at this point! I wanted to go to the beach/Hollywood...he doesn't really. Reading your TR kind of helped us see "what else" is out there!! Thank you for writing this very informative and USEFUL trip report!!! The pictures are all very beautiful! :)

hey, lynne! i owe you an apology. i subbed to this TR LONG ago and i kept putting off reading it, thinking, "oh, it's about DL.......i'll read it later." let me tell you that i just read this entire thing in one sitting! what a great TR!!!!! i'm sorry it took me so long to get over here! and thank you for sharing your experience with all of us. i LOVE the fireworks at DL with tink flying around the castle! and i also love the scene with captain hook and peter pan in fantasmic. SO COOL!!!!!!! i know how long it takes to upload those videos so thank you for doing it! i'm impressed with the amount of tink-ness at DL....i wonder why she's so elusive at WDW???? must be the love bugs. :lmao:

i also loved reading about your other non-disney adventures. i'm PMing you about those right now! ;)

I also just came over from you Xmas TR....maybe it will bump up this TR for others to read! I really enjoyed this one...I took a 10K mile cross country trip in 1999 but had to skip Yosemite. It was the exact week there were some murders in the park. Thanks for the pictures..now I know I will have to go back someday!!! :goodvibes

Thanks for coming over to read this report too! :goodvibes Yosemite is absolutely gorgeous....if you can go back sometime, do! Wow...that's kind of eerie that you were there the week of the murders......I think DH saw a special about them on tv, but at least it was after we got back! :eek:

Hi Spartangirl! I randomly ran across your trip report about Disneyland and just HAD to read along!!

My DH and I are very much WDW visitors and are VERY unfamiliar with DL. We are thinking about taking our 1 year anniversary trip to DL this upcoming April and I'm trying to find out more about California! It's all so new and different to me...I feel so lost! :laughing:

DH and I just sat and read your entire trip report and it sounds like you both had a blast travelling up the coast and making your way to DL! I LOVE your picture-filled trip report!!! Those kind of TR's are my favorite! ;)

We think that we are going to stay on property at DL all week and just have a nice relaxing vacation but we aren't quite sure at this point! I wanted to go to the beach/Hollywood...he doesn't really. Reading your TR kind of helped us see "what else" is out there!! Thank you for writing this very informative and USEFUL trip report!!! The pictures are all very beautiful! :)

Thanks for reading my TR! Glad you enjoyed it!!! And...thank you for the compliment on my pics! :flower3: We had such a great time in California and would repeat the same trip in a heartbeat!!! Disneyland is tons of fun and we loved our time spent there, but there is so much more to do in CA. We spent 2 weeks there and didn't get to see EVERYTHING that we wanted to! :rotfl: Good luck in whatever you decide to do for your anniversary...you really can't go wrong with Cali! :goodvibes

hey, lynne! i owe you an apology. i subbed to this TR LONG ago and i kept putting off reading it, thinking, "oh, it's about DL.......i'll read it later." let me tell you that i just read this entire thing in one sitting! what a great TR!!!!! i'm sorry it took me so long to get over here! and thank you for sharing your experience with all of us. i LOVE the fireworks at DL with tink flying around the castle! and i also love the scene with captain hook and peter pan in fantasmic. SO COOL!!!!!!! i know how long it takes to upload those videos so thank you for doing it! i'm impressed with the amount of tink-ness at DL....i wonder why she's so elusive at WDW???? must be the love bugs. :lmao:

i also loved reading about your other non-disney adventures. i'm PMing you about those right now! ;)

Thanks for coming back and reading my report! ;) I'm glad you enjoyed it!!! Tink really was EVERYWHERE at DL! It was kind of cool because like yourself, I'm a big fan too! :goodvibes

I'm off to PM you back! :thumbsup2

Thank you for such a great TR,
We are thinking of taking a Calif trip this year, and this is a great resource.

Thank you again

Hello!

I am planning a similar trip for this June and chanced upon your trip report in a search for "yosemite" on the boards. Wow, what a gem! Your pics and vids were awesome, and I loved reading about your trip!

Due to the amount of time we have, we will not be able to make it to LA and Disneyland...we're mostly going to Yosemite, but we are also doing San Francisco and Monterey :) We keep adding stuff - lol. We may try to throw Tahoe in as well...

I can't wait to taste that chowder in a bread bowl!

What a magical trip you had! The end was so beautiful!

I hope we have your luck with weather and pixie dust!

Hello!

I am planning a similar trip for this June and chanced upon your trip report in a search for "yosemite" on the boards. Wow, what a gem! Your pics and vids were awesome, and I loved reading about your trip!

Due to the amount of time we have, we will not be able to make it to LA and Disneyland...we're mostly going to Yosemite, but we are also doing San Francisco and Monterey :) We keep adding stuff - lol. We may try to throw Tahoe in as well...

Oh! Take your kids to Santa Cruz - just a little farther North - Really fun boardwalk with rides and games. The beach is nice, too! Monterey is quite cold, but also artsy and fun.

Just read your enchanting trip report. Thanks for sharing your magical trip with us. I can't believe how beautiful California is & I can't wait for our trip in December.

Hello!

Hello and thanks so much for reading about my trip!!! :goodvibes I appreciate the compliment about my pics and video! :flower3:

We LOVED Yosemite and San Francisco! We truly wished we could have spent more time in both places! I think we'll have to make a trip back! Monterey was beautiful too! We didn't have nearly enough time there. If you have a chance, you may want to try to hit the aquarium there. I heard it's really amazing!!! :thumbsup2

It is REALLY good! And add in the people watching as you eat....:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

It really was magical!!! Thanks again for reading! :goodvibes

Here's sending good luck and pixie dust your way! pixiedust:

Oh! Take your kids to Santa Cruz - just a little farther North - Really fun boardwalk with rides and games. The beach is nice, too! Monterey is quite cold, but also artsy and fun.

Monterey was a little chilly, but definitely artsy and fun! :goodvibes

Just read your enchanting trip report. Thanks for sharing your magical trip with us. I can't believe how beautiful California is & I can't wait for our trip in December.

Thanks so much for reading my TR!!! :) California was amazing and I know you'll have a wonderful adventure!!! :thumbsup2 Chris and I still talk about our trip last summer and all of the great memories we have. I can definitely see another trip in our future!!! ;)

I love the pics of Yosemite!! What time of the year did you go to Yosemite and what was the weather and crowds like??

Thanks! :flower3: We went to Yosemite last June. The weather was in the upper-70s to mid-80s I believe. I remember it being perfect! :cloud9: I definitely didn't feel overwhelmed by any of the crowds while we were there. We saw a lot of people, but never had to wait in any long lines for the buses or activities around the park.

Just wanted to say a quick "thanks" for your time and effort on your TR. I had a blast reading and "looking" and didnt realize how quickly time zoomed by reading it. It was alot of fun to follow along! popcorn:: :banana:

Just wanted to say a quick "thanks" for your time and effort on your TR. I had a blast reading and "looking" and didnt realize how quickly time zoomed by reading it. It was alot of fun to follow along! popcorn:: :banana:

You're welcome!!! :goodvibes Thanks so much for reading about my trip to Cali! :thumbsup2

Lynne,
I loved this TR. thank you for sharing with us. The photos are fantastic. We may possibly make a similar trip in September.

Lynne,
I loved this TR. thank you for sharing with us. The photos are fantastic. We may possibly make a similar trip in September.

Thanks so much for reading!!! :goodvibes I appreciate the compliment on my pictures! :flower3: I'll keep my fingers crossed about you making a similar trip.......you'll love it!!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter