California Grill Brunch?

Hi.

My ADRs open on March 10 and I want to book GC Brunch for Sunday, September 8 (it is only held on Sundays is that correct)?
This meal is the top priority meal so I want to book that first.
Do I just go to MDE and book as I would a regular dinner? What do I put for the time in the "search engine"? Morning, lunch, an actual time?
Will it just show up if available?

Thank you very much.

Hi.

My ADRs open on March 10 and I want to book GC Brunch for Sunday, September 8 (it is only held on Sundays is that correct)?
Do I just go to MDE and book as I would a regular dinner? What do I put for the time in the "search engine"? Morning, lunch, an actual time?

Thank you very much.

It is Sunday's only. You will notice when you look at CG on the WDW website to book that Sundays only also includes brunch times as well as dinner times, so you will just search like normal for whatever time you want to book the brunch. It is just like searching for any other reservation at a restaurant that has multiple services per day.

Hi.

Thank you very much.
Yes, brunch is only held on Sunday. Go to MDE and book like normal. Unless you have a specific time you want it's easiest to put the word "brunch" in the drop down box. Brunch reservation hours are from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM.

It is Sunday's only. You will notice when you look at CG on the WDW website to book that Sundays only also includes brunch times as well as dinner times, so you will just search like normal for whatever time you want to book the brunch. It is just like searching for any other reservation at a restaurant that has multiple services per day.
Thank you very much!

Yes, brunch is only held on Sunday. Go to MDE and book like normal. Unless you have a specific time you want it's easiest to put the word "brunch" in the drop down box. Brunch reservation hours are from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
Thank you! I am hoping to book for 11:00 am. If I have to book 12 pm or 1 pm, will we be rushed? We have been to the Biltmore in Miami for Sunday brunch which was over five hours (OMG what a day LOL) and although I know I cannot stay at GC for brunch that long, it would be nice for at least two hours. We like a relaxing meal with drinks.

Thank you.

Thank you very much!

Thank you! I am hoping to book for 11:00 am. If I have to book 12 pm or 1 pm, will we be rushed? We have been to the Biltmore in Miami for Sunday brunch which was over five hours (OMG what a day LOL) and although I know I cannot stay at GC for brunch that long, it would be nice for at least two hours. We like a relaxing meal with drinks.

Thank you.

You will be fine, our last time there our reservation was at 12:50 and we noticed no difference from our previous experiences that were both much earlier, except that there were more tables occupied in the restaurant.

You will be fine, our last time there our reservation was at 12:50 and we noticed no difference from our previous experiences that were both much earlier, except that there were more tables occupied in the restaurant.

Thank you VERY much! I appreciate your telling me your experience.

Thank you very much!

Thank you.
We normally book somewhere around the later side of noon after doing the roller coasters in MK's Frontierland and all the food is available, replenished and the musicians are still playing. We've never been rushed, normally are too full to eat the desserts (which are worth eating) so the server boxes them up for us. I'd guesstimate it normally takes 2 odd hours for us to eat. This meal has become a must do for us and we are generally too full to eat anymore that day.

We normally book somewhere around the later side of noon after doing the roller coasters in MK's Frontierland and all the food is available, replenished and the musicians are still playing. We've never been rushed, normally are too full to eat the desserts (which are worth eating) so the server boxes them up for us. I'd guesstimate it normally takes 2 odd hours for us to eat. This meal has become a must do for us and we are generally too full to eat anymore that day.

Thank you so much! Good to know about the desserts LOL
Yes, I am planning on this being our big meal of the day. We can do CS or if we go back in our room (DVC) we can snack.
I'm not sure I will be doing a park (we have APs) after the brunch since I plan on some wine or champagne. Is there wine? Do we pay additional
for wine and/or champagne?
Thank you.

Thank you so much! Good to know about the desserts LOL
Yes, I am planning on this being our big meal of the day. We can do CS or if we go back in our room (DVC) we can snack.
I'm not sure I will be doing a park (we have APs) after the brunch since I plan on some wine or champagne. Is there wine? Do we pay additional
for wine and/or champagne?
Thank you.
Unlimited mimosas are included with the meal's cost and to be honest I've never asked for the wine list what with having the "freebie" option. Sometimes the man opts for a Bloody Mary or two which is loaded with add ons. They actually have a BM condiment bar which includes shrimp, probably a crab leg, bacon, and other good stuff. If you order using the DDxDP, your first BM is free and you can switch to free Mimosas there after; should you choose to drink only BMs every one after the first one is an additional charge. Doing OOP? You pay for every BM you drink but the Mimosas are still free. As far as AP, you get a 10% discount for brunch. So glad I bought us APs this year as we've really gotten our money's worth out of the passes. I'm required to do rides in the morning as I'm traveling with crazed lil grrlies who sleep late and stay up all night this up coming trip; no rest for lil old ladies and men with that crew;).

We have done the CG brunch the past 2 Christmases, both times on the DxDP and it is hands down our favorite meal on property! I believe though that when we went, the receipt showed that the price is now $90 instead of $80, but we were on DxDP so we didn't think much about it. In addition to the complimentary drinks, also know that the DxDP also includes an additional cocktail as well! I was able to get an Old Fashioned and my partner was able to get a vodka drink, in addition to the drinks that came with the brunch. Needless to say, the rest of that day was pretty much napping- no parks! lol

I’m with you about the “mimosas”. Cheap sparkling wine with boba balls in the bottom is just cheap wine cheapened twice. Ugh. You have to hope a boba ball floats up with your sip do you can pop some juice with it. I was pretty offended by it actually. I could barely drink that stuff straight and squirting balls feels classless so no unlimited refills for me this time. That, along with an inedible entree and the price increase, has turned me off to the brunch for now. My husband and I had enjoyed it 3 times previously and I was a huge proponent. Time for us to move on for a while.
I'm accepting that it's inexpensive sparkling wine with juice and/or bobba balls and don't expect to find a flute of Louis Roederer Champagne Cristal 2008 for free at a brunch :). Actually, I had a bottle of the Roederer delivered to our hotel last trip (great price and tax rate at www.finding.wine.com) and it was nice for drinking on our room's terrace.

Thank you all very much.
We may drink the cheap champagne or opt to pay for wine. However we feel at the time.
We don't have DDP but have AP and TiW. Wonder now if I can use TiW. If so, how does that work? Am I paying for CG Brunch when I do my ADR (as you would do for Cindy's or HDDR)?

You show the server your TiW card when you pay at the end of the meal. It is not pre-pay like HDDR where you then have to request the discount back.

Wow, even better! Thank you all so much!
This is my must do place for September. Although we have eaten at CG many times, the brunch will be a new experience for us.
Thank you all!

Unlimited mimosas are included with the meal's cost and to be honest I've never asked for the wine list what with having the "freebie" option. Sometimes the man opts for a Bloody Mary or two which is loaded with add ons. They actually have a BM condiment bar which includes shrimp, probably a crab leg, bacon, and other good stuff. If you order using the DDxDP, your first BM is free and you can switch to free Mimosas there after; should you choose to drink only BMs every one after the first one is an additional charge. Doing OOP? You pay for every BM you drink but the Mimosas are still free. As far as AP, you get a 10% discount for brunch. So glad I bought us APs this year as we've really gotten our money's worth out of the passes. I'm required to do rides in the morning as I'm traveling with crazed lil grrlies who sleep late and stay up all night this up coming trip; no rest for lil old ladies and men with that crew;).

The info on the bloody mary's is good to know, my internet search skills were getting me all sorts of conflicting info!

This is totally on my bucket list

Question for you CG brunch experts (sorry, piggybacking here on the OP). We only have one Sunday in our trip this August and have a park planned for that day, thinking that Sundays are less busy than Saturdays (which is currently a no park day). Am i overthinking it? Are Saturdays and Sundays equally as busy usually (I have never really noticed)? Do you guys think we should switch our park day from Sunday to Saturday and do Sunday as our non-park day with some CG Brunch?

Thanks!

Question for you CG brunch experts (sorry, piggybacking here on the OP). We only have one Sunday in our trip this August and have a park planned for that day, thinking that Sundays are less busy than Saturdays (which is currently a no park day). Am i overthinking it? Are Saturdays and Sundays equally as busy usually (I have never really noticed)? Do you guys think we should switch our park day from Sunday to Saturday and do Sunday as our non-park day with some CG Brunch?

Thanks!

Depends which park and is the halloween party running yet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter