• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Calling all Princesses! (2014 Princess Half Marathon Weekend)- thread #2

Anyone get the email on the certificates..mine went to spam. Guess 'cause that's what it is. I type in my name, but certificates for some other girl..wonder if sh sis getting mine?? :confused3:confused3
There is also a last chance apparel side banner, last chance to buy today.

Never got the email--is there info on the website? Guess I'll go check lol
Yup, comes up with someone else's name.

I saw Ashley Smith on the image on the website/email but when I downloaded it, it had my name.
You are talking about the ones with the princesses right?

I assumed they all said "Ashley Smith" as an example, but it probably would've been better if they had used a name that was clearly meant as example - such as Minnie Mouse lol

I totally agree!
The thing that bummed me out the most was I had picked Merida as my princess and she didn't have a certificate. It would have been nice having the girl we picked.

I was at BLT too. It was great on the way to the race, first stop was TTC. I got on monorail at 5 for the 5k, and 4:00 for the 10k and 13.1. All times I went there was no wait, no crowds at all, everyone easily got seats. It is a bit of a walk to start area from the monorail, but I thought it was a great warm up, and for the return, a great cool down. If I sit and relax too soon I stiffen up. The slow walk back to the monorail with the kids was the perfect way to stay loose:). I hope we can get BLT again next year, it's not our home resort, so we will see. But I may not go for Theme Park view. Firework wake ups were rough;)

Ditto on all of this! I loved staying at BLT - monorail was so turnkey and the walks to and from the race were totally manageable and great warm-ups/cool downs. I also would not choose to stay on the MK side. We got a "standard" room but this time that meant MK side on the 2nd floor. So I definitely woke up during Wishes.

So I ran today for the first time since the 1/2. That was interesting because before I had a goal for running, now I don't.
Any suggestions on how to stay motivated until November?

I have 2 5K's in March and May but nothing beyond that. I'm going to continue on my weight loss journey (hated my foto pics more than I thought I would) but I'm not sure where to go from here.
I do need to work on speed but I don't know where to start. Do I go back to C25K and try to get faster?

So I ran today for the first time since the 1/2. That was interesting because before I had a goal for running, now I don't.

I have 2 5K's in March and May but nothing beyond that. I'm going to continue on my weight loss journey (hated my foto pics more than I thought I would) but I'm not sure where to go from here.
I do need to work on speed but I don't know where to start. Do I go back to C25K and try to get faster?

I don't hear about many that are happy with marathonfoto's work.
To stay motivated: I would look for a 10k and shoot for a good time for a better corral placement. Speed drills are usually a quarter or half mile at a 5k pace…think can't carry a conversation, followed by a short slower pace to get breath back. I like starting with quarter miles at about 9mm pace and then 2 minutes of a 10mm pace or it can be even slower. About a month before a half, I like to increase to 1/2 mile and shoot for about an 8:50mm followed by a slower pace and I do the rotations to build to about 7 or 8 miles. So you can warm up for a mile and then try a couple rotations and increase by one more rotation each week and keep building. I only do this workout once a week. YOu can google it and read more. I am NOT an expert.

So I ran today for the first time since the 1/2. That was interesting because before I had a goal for running, now I don't. Any suggestions on how to stay motivated until November? I have 2 5K's in March and May but nothing beyond that. I'm going to continue on my weight loss journey (hated my foto pics more than I thought I would) but I'm not sure where to go from here. I do need to work on speed but I don't know where to start. Do I go back to C25K and try to get faster?

Since I only did the 10k, my training has continued for ToT and hopefully wine and dine 1/2. My goal was to try and find a race to do every month this year. Keeps me racing. Also I am looking for fun runs to add in between, like mud runs and zombie runs. Have you ever thought about a tough mudder or spartan race?

Thanks Joan. DS17 is an expert since he's a track and XC runner, and wants to do sports medicine for school. I will get him to help me build a routine and training program. We do have summer runs which I plan to attend Monday and Thursday nights over the summer, 5K's. But they aren't officially timed.
I do plan to find a 10K somewhere to have a time to submit. If I can't, I assume I can use the Princess 10K time right?

I also downloaded last years W&D Galloway training schedule so I will show that to DS too. I just need to get a little faster so I can keep up with DH.

D you keep a running log? That is a way that I find I stay motivated when not race training. Its fun(?) to see improvements and changes however little they might be (5-10 seconds even). i like to study the progression of my 1mile magic mile times, my 3 mile times, and my 5 mile times. I also try to set monthly mileage goals and try not to go more than 2 days between running. I would not go back to c25k, instead, just lower your long run mileage and add in a day of speedwork once a week or every other week. There's no set rules for speedwork at our level of running, my favorites are intervals, which I like to do on a track, or ladders (building up to a set speed every quarter mile or so) which I prefer to do on a treadmill. I also subscribe to runners world magazine and find that helps me stay motivated! And yeah, enter 10k to try to improve your corral placement - that is another goal you could focus on. But don't worry, November half training starts in July, so not long to go! :)

Since I only did the 10k, my training has continued for ToT and hopefully wine and dine 1/2. My goal was to try and find a race to do every month this year. Keeps me racing. Also I am looking for fun runs to add in between, like mud runs and zombie runs. Have you ever thought about a tough mudder or spartan race?

We had a mud run here in town last year. I opted to not do it since I was training for the 1/2 and my biggest fear was getting hurt. I may do it this year. We have fun runs over the summer in town.
DS has done a zombie run before, but it didn't really appeal to me.
We do have one big road race in August, 11.5 miles and I believe it is chipped so I might be able to use it as a time. I'm just not sure how well I'll do.

I need to find some races for later in the year. I have March, April and May covered.

D you keep a running log? That is a way that I find I stay motivated when not race training. Its fun(?) to see improvements and changes however little they might be (5-10 seconds even). i like to study the progression of my 1mile magic mile times, my 3 mile times, and my 5 mile times. I also try to set monthly mileage goals and try not to go more than 2 days between running. I would not go back to c25k, instead, just lower your long run mileage and add in a day of speedwork once a week or every other week. There's no set rules for speedwork at our level of running, my favorites are intervals, which I like to do on a track, or ladders (building up to a set speed every quarter mile or so) which I prefer to do on a treadmill. I also subscribe to runners world magazine and find that helps me stay motivated! And yeah, enter 10k to try to improve your corral placement - that is another goal you could focus on. But don't worry, November half training starts in July, so not long to go! :)

I use runkeeper to log, I bought the elite package from them so I can see all of my progress which I love. I also make notes in my note app of all of my mile times. I have runners world on my kindle, but I haven't looked lately. I probably have 3 months of mags on there. LOL

Off to find out when the 10K time needs to be submitted by. I found one that's fairly local and it's certified, I just need to see if it's not to late.

Speaking of submitting times, how do you do that? I know you have to go through track shack but how do I get my official time from a race?

Speaking of submitting times, how do you do that? I know you have to go through track shack but how do I get my official time from a race?

You can enter it when you sign up…they tell you all the info you need and how to enter it. Or send it in later, but I've never done that so some one else can help out with that.

You can enter it when you sign up…they tell you all the info you need and how to enter it. Or send it in later, but I've never done that so some one else can help out with that.

I put I would send it in later because I wasn't sure how to do it. Lol. I have a certified race I have done and the time, but just don't know how to show official proof. :)

Hi Joan, great to meet and see you at Downtown Disney in February!

From runDisney's site (this was for the 2014 Marathon weekend but should be current for the process as of now)

http://www.rundisney.com/disneyworld-marathon/registration/#proof

"To provide or update your proof of time, you must email all proof of time data requested above to disneysports@trackshack.com. "

Generally it's just an email to this address if you don't enter it at registration. They *will* respond, so if you don't get a response within a reasonable length of time waiting, you may want to follow up.

I did it this year. Once the race results are up from the race you want to use for a qualifying time you can email trackshack. The address to email to is on the rundisney website under runner info. You email your name, the name of the race you did, the distance you did, your time, and your expected finish in the Disney race. I used an online calculator to determine my estimate half marathon finish based on my 10k finish. My 10k was 1:02 and I got corral F. I entered an expected finish of 2:12 based on the calculator I used. Just be sure to keep your email to track shack and their confirmation they received your update, that way you have proof if there are any issues once corrals are announced.

Thank you!! I am hoping to get a better time but I figure it doesn't hurt to send something just in case. :)

I'm not sure if anyone suggested this already. If you have a running club near you, that can be a great way to stay motivated. Join them for a couple of training runs (they usually have people running at different paces). You start going to races in your area and knowing the other runners. We volunteer at some of the races that ours organizes. It makes it a lot of fun to stay involved in it. Other runners are great resources of information too if you're ever injured, want to increase speed, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter