Can I Survive another 11 days in WDW w/ Disney-Resistant Husband? *11/25 SURPRISE!!**

Yay for planning another trip! OKW looks lovely and you get to stay at BC too. There's something about Disney's Deluxe resorts that make it difficult to stay anywhere else now :thumbsup2

We went October/November 2010 and loved it - great weather (bar a couple of days when we were at Universal with most of our luggage still at our Disney resort!), the F&WF, MNSSHP, and we were lucky enough to get the Christmas decorations at the end too. And compared to Christmas/New Year and June/July/August, sooooo much better crowd wise.

Are you doing any sort of dining plan? My Mum is counting down the days to her 180 day mark for her and my Dad's October trip.

Can't wait to hear more of your plans - I bet yours and your friends' kids are so excited.

Lisa

Can't wait to hear about your plans for this trip. We are traveling with good friends of ours in August. Their kids are also best friends with ours. I have a great feeling that being with friends will suppress your DH's inner grump but if not you and your girlfriend can dump the guys and have a blast!

So glad you have another trip planned! Sounds like you guys'll have so much fun with your best friends!

I finally finished reading your TR and had to sub to your PTR before I forgot. I'm glad that you get to go back with your kids so soon! Can't wait to read all the plans.

Good grief, I'm all the way on page 4! Guess that is what I get for being off the DIS for a few days.

I'm so excited for you! I know with the knowledge you gained from your family trip last May, this one will be so much better :thumbsup2 And, how awesome that you are going with good friends! We did a Disney trip with friends once too and had a wonderful time.

Looking forward to hearing all about your plans!

Just bookmarking my spot!!

I just finished reading your May trip, just had to read it with a title like that :rotfl2: Sounds like a great trip so far. We have stayed at both OKW and SSR, while I like that SSR has a true counter service, love the feel of OKW better. The rooms are definitely bigger at OKW. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Sounds like great plans. I hope it's a wonderful trip. :) You made me feel a little better I post my pre-trip for my nov trip already and I know it was crazy early but I was excited. So your a month a head of mine made me feel better. :)

:scared1:Page 4 already:scared1: What is this... The party started without me???? All is well though, I am here now so you may proceed! :lmao:

Ok all kidding aside, absolutely love to go to WDW in October, it's one of my favourite times of the year to visit. However, because of skating competition schedules, looks like the only time we will be able to make it there this year is at the end of August :eek::scared::faint: Definetly not ideal, way too hot but I figure that end of August WDW trip is better than no trip!!! DD doesn't know yet, I told her we were not going this year! Can't wait to surprise her! :banana:

Awesome choice on the resort! :thumbsup2

Thanks!;)

I'm here! I'm here!
We stayed at Saratoga Springs and liked the resort a lot but hated the Disney transportation. I doubt I'll get Tom to stay there again because he's anti-car rental at Disney. :rotfl2:

Amanda

Hi Amanda!:) I have definitely heard those horror stories about SSR. Fortunately it wasn't a consideration for us as I almost always pick up a rental. I have yet to hear from someone who can go a whole trip without picking up a cab a couple times, especially if they eat at the resorts a lot as we tend to do. Either that or they have a couple horrendous stories to tell about waiting for buses dressed up for dinner when everyone is hungry, and being late to their ADRs. :laughing:

Funny how you mentioned Tom likes the "no-stress mode" associated with not having a rental car. I LIKE having a rental car for the exact same reason!:laughing: The convenience of driving yourself wherever you want, whenever you want...and knowing if I don't arrive somewhere on time I have only myself to blame...Priceless!!!!

With the discount codes that I use, 4 cab rides at some point during the trip and my rental is paid for.;)

Also, unless I had a rental, I would not be able to do all my late-nite trips to DTD. (Unless I happened to be staying at SSR and could walk there, but then I would probably still want the rental to get everywhere else!:rotfl:)

Not to mention, as a Canadian, I like to hit up Millenia Mall, and the Prime and Premium Outlets at least once per trip! So for me, a rental car is a complete no-brainer!;)

You know, after looking at the pics of both resorts, I'd have gone with OKW too! It sort of looks like the BC a little, don't you think? I love the sand castle pool area, I'd never get my kids out of there! And the rooms look beautiful. How awesome to have 11 days at Disney and 2 of them at the BC too. I suggested a split stay to DH (he's quite enamoured with the Animal Kingdom Lodge) but he thinks it sounds like too much work!:laughing:

I'm still in shock that Chris agreed to another trip!:laughing: But I think it's wonderful that you're going with dear friends too. What a treat! I'm sure you'll all have a great time. October will be here before you know and soon you'll be able to make all those ADR's! Sigh, I love planning Disney trips!:goodvibes

Oh how I wanted to go back in October too! Especially for the 40th anniversary. But DH says January is better for him due to his work schedule. So we're looking at January again which is fine, we had an amazing time.

I think you are right about OKW...it does have some similarities to the BC. I am looking forward to trying it.

Honestly, we didn't find that our split stays were all that much of a hassle. And we checked into 3 resorts in 11 days in May!:laughing: Believe me...if it was, I would have heard about it, and I never heard a peep about it.

You are right about those ADRs...I have a month to go figure out where we will be eating. Does everyone spend as much time on this as I always seem to do?:laughing:

Yay for your January trip...I keep hearing how great it is to be in the Parks at this time due to the low crowds.:thumbsup2

Great that you booked a new trip! Can't wait to hear more details. I love it there in the fall. We are going back this year too, in May and actually staying at SSR! I think it is so pretty there, I would have been ok with either OKW too but we are travelling with my MIL and BIL/SIL and they chose SSR.

Yay for May!:yay: It is one of the best times to be in Florida, and Disney! I am sure you will like SSR...it does look beautiful.

WOW! Chris agreed to another 11 days? And you agreed to let him come along?

:laughing: Yes...we are both gearing up for a great trip!:)

Hi Trish!!

I'm so happy that I get to come along on another one of your reports!! I loved SSR but I am so excited that you're staying at OKW....I think it's a beautiful resort!!!

Can't wait to hear more.....

Thanks Queen! So glad to have you along!:goodvibes And so glad to hear how much you liked OKW!

Great resort choices!
11 days is the perfect amount of time in Disney!
I can't wait for your review of OKW. We haven't stayed there yet and would love to know what you think of the resort.

Thanks for joining in! I will be sure to report all about OKW. I have yet to meet a Disney Resort I didn't like though, so I am not expecting to have many critical things to say about it!:rotfl:

I'm in, sounds like fun! popcorn::

Thank you! Welcome!:welcome:

subscribing! popcorn::

I stayed at OKW in 2002, it was our first family trip using our DVC membership- it's a really nice resort, I loved the theming & the pool - and great to be able to get a boat over to Downtown Disney! :thumbsup2

Emma princess: x

Thanks so much Emma...really great to hear how much you loved OKW. I can't wait to experience it. I have never even seen it yet apart from pictures.:)

Joining in for the ride...
I can't wait for your stories. Are you guys attending the Halloween party? October is a wonderful time to go, we got good weather and low crowds. My son favorite was the party...he wants to go again during Sept/Oct so he can attend the party.

Thanks for joining me!:goodvibes And yes, we will most certainly be attending the MNSSHP! I wouldn't miss it....that parade is the best thing ever!!!:goodvibes

Hurrah for another trip to the World! :yay: And you know how I :lovestruc F&W!

How very cool to be traveling with such good friends and won't it be so super fun to see their kids experience it for the first time!

I stayed at OKW in 2006 and really, really enjoyed it! I think you'll love it. Of course I'm delighted to hear you will get to exprience SAB too!

Yes Christine...I think I have a pretty good sense of how much you enjoy food and wine. Maybe just as much as a little chef named "Jimmy" Dean?:rotfl:

I just so wish that we weren't literally just missing each other this trip.:sad2:

I didn't know you had stayed at OKW...so glad to hear you liked it. :goodvibes

Congrats on the trip! I hope you love OKW. One thing is for sure - the rooms are much bigger and I think you will like the layout better than a 1 BR at SSR. The renovations look nice. I am looking forward to staying at OKW one of these days. 11 days!!!! So lucky!

Thanks so much!:goodvibes I can't wait to see the inaugural Disney DVC property for myself!:)

Looking forward to hearing how this trip unfolds. Food & Wine, good friends, 11 days...sounds nice!

Thanks so much, and welcome!:welcome:

Sounds like a fantastic trip! We've stayed at both SSR and OKW and I prefer OKW. It's such a laid back vibe! Though SSR was lovely too. It was more sophisticated and sophisticated I am not:laughing: Plus you'll get to go to BC for a few days at the end. What a fabulous way to end the trip! You can just hand out at SAB:cloud9:

Thanks Jenny!:) So glad to hear you liked OKW.

popcorn:: joining in popcorn:: The Beach Club is my favorite resort on disney property! I am so glad you were able to get a few night in!

Thank you, and welcome!:welcome:

Read all of your TR and am suscribing to this PTR. :)

Thanks so much for coming over! :goodvibes

I really love the look of the renovated OKW rooms, though I know there are very strong feelings both ways on the subject. I'm excited to see what you guys think! The trip sounds absolutely wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Cynthia...I can't wait to see those new rooms myself! And I don't even have to fret about whether we will get a renovated room or not as the renos will all be completed by the time we arrive.;) I am aware of the debate as well on the renovations, and quite frankly I don't get it.:confused3 To me, the renovated rooms are hands down much, much better.

I'm here! What a fantastic trip you are planning!! How exciting! OKW looks beautiful, the more I read about that resort, the more I want to stay there. We once took the boat from DTD there and it was such a pleasant ride. Plus, that pool looks amazing and that big 'ol sandbox! :thumbsup2

I am really looking forward to it as well! Especially after all this cold and rain we have been having!;)

Joining along. Both places look awesome! I did get my husband to go for a couple more days on the upcoming trip. It will be the longest stay ever for us at WDW!!:banana:

Yay for the extra days on your trip! :banana: It is amazing what an extra day or two can add to your vacation, isn't it? 11 days was the longest we have ever stayed at WDW, but it still somehow seemed to fly by.:rotfl:

Count me in. It sounds like it is going to be a wonderful trip.

Thank you for joining, and Welcome!:welcome:

I want to hear how this turns out. I am sure it will be great.

Thank you!:goodvibes

I so enjoyed your last trip report. Your pictures were wonderful and seeing all the Beach Club has to offer. Now I'll get to see Old Key West.

So glad to have you along! :goodvibes

I'm in! First I want to say that your family is just gorgeous! How exciting for you and for the kids to have such great friends along for the trip!

Thank you so much! And yes, I think we will be really lucky to experience this trip with our friends. I have a feeling we will be recalling this trip for years to come!:goodvibes

I don't think you mentioned your exact dates, but it sounds like our trips will overlap again! Maybe we will cross paths at some point. Can't wait to hear all about your plans!:goodvibes

Hi Kayce! Wow...I can't believe it! You are right...our trips will overlap. What are the chances??? I am sure we will cross paths at some point!;)

Hi Trish!!
Hurray for another trip. I think you all will have a great time! looks like we overlap as well. Fun, fun. Can't wait to hear about all your plans!!

I'm here! How exciting that your going back for another 11 days with your adorable family :goodvibes. I can't wait to hear all your trip plans! I'm sure going with friends and all the kids will be so much for fun for you all. Do you plan to do any of the Grand gathering events? We really enjoyed that on our trip back in 2008. Anyway our next trip will be during my kids fall break. Our dates overlap a little, we will either check in the evening of October 8th or morning of the 9th.

Hi Nichole! Well I remember we always said that someday we were bound to end up in WDW at the same time, and what do you know...in October we will! We are leaving on the 10th, so we will definitely have to try to meet up before we leave!;)

We love OKW. We have stayed there 3 times. We are DVC members and our home resorts are SSR and AKV and we LOVE staying at OKW. We just stayed there 6 nights in Jan. Although just like your hubby ...we do love BCV, OKW is a fave for us too. Funny you mentioned steel drums. My 17 old son plays steel drums. His high school is the ONLY one in our county of 12 high schools. This is his 3rd year and WE LOVE THE MUSIC. His teacher puts out dvd's of their performances and we alway buy them. There is nothing like popping one in to listen to when it is SNOWING outside. :)

You will LOVE staying at OKW. I would suggest requesting to be close to the HH. HAVE A GREAT TRIP.

I love reading comments like this! Thank you so much....you are making me even more excited to get down there!:yay: And thanks for the tips on the room location.;) How lucky you are to have a son who plays the steel drums...I can't imagine anything nicer than heading outside to dine in the backyard on a hot summer day serenaded by the steel drums.:lovestruc

good to see your going back again so soon! Just like you i've really been wanting to be in the MK on its 40th birthday...i wont know for a while if ill be able to go since im a college student and have school in october but im glad you and yor family will be able to enjoy it. Your kids are adorable and i love the pictures The Roots took of your family!

Thank you so much! Hopefully you will be able to make it for the anniversary...it does fall on the weekend, so that wld make it easier for a short weekend trip!;)

Here, Trish! So excited to read you are headed back to the World with friends AND staying at OKW. I have been so intrigued by it since they redid the rooms. It looks absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks Jackie!:) So great to have you along!:goodvibes

Okay I am in!!!!!!!! Was there last October for Food and Wine and can't wait to go back again in a few years!!!!!:thumbsup2

Isn't October the best???? So many great things going on!:)

Joining the party! :cool1:

Welcome!!!:welcome:

Hi there!:)

Loved following along with your last trip report. You will LOVE the weather in October. It can still be warm, but not as uncomfortable as the summer. The nights can be very pleasant. :)

Thanks so much for joining! :) You are right...October weather is perfect, isn't it? ;)

I just finished reading your last TR, which I loved! Great start to your new PTR!! I am sure you will enjoy OKW. I have never stayed there, but I did tour the property and a few rooms when I was a Travel Agent. I loved the theming and atmosphere there! I can't wait to read more of your PTR! :goodvibes

Thank you so much for joining in!:goodvibes Great to hear your comments about OKW!:)

I just read your other trip report over multiple days and I'm on board for this one too!

Thank you so much, and Welcome!:welcome:

Hi Trish!
I am here...!looking forward to your next WDW adventure!!

Thanks so much Darlene! Saved you a spot!;)

Yay for planning another trip! OKW looks lovely and you get to stay at BC too. There's something about Disney's Deluxe resorts that make it difficult to stay anywhere else now :thumbsup2

We went October/November 2010 and loved it - great weather (bar a couple of days when we were at Universal with most of our luggage still at our Disney resort!), the F&WF, MNSSHP, and we were lucky enough to get the Christmas decorations at the end too. And compared to Christmas/New Year and June/July/August, sooooo much better crowd wise.

Are you doing any sort of dining plan? My Mum is counting down the days to her 180 day mark for her and my Dad's October trip.

Can't wait to hear more of your plans - I bet yours and your friends' kids are so excited.

Thanks so much for joining Lisa!:) That is a great plan to travel late October/early November so that you can also see the Christmas decorations. I have yet to see the parks at Christmastime and it is definitely on the to-do list.;)

You are right...all 4 of the kiddos are already getting excited.:banana: I just love the countdown and anticipation leading up to the trip.:)

We are definitely going with the deluxe dining plan again. I have yet to actually do the math to run the exact totals, (still have those receipts tucked away), but I figure it saved us a couple hundred dollars in May.;)
The only question is whether we do it for all, or just a portion of the trip. Apparently now when you book through DVC as we did you are able to add the dining plan for only a portion of the trip, as opposed to the entire trip. So that will be the main debate...how many days do we want it.:confused3

Can't wait to hear about your plans for this trip. We are traveling with good friends of ours in August. Their kids are also best friends with ours.

Sounds like you guys are as lucky as we are in being able to share a trip with your best friends. You are so right...I think this is going to add so much to our trip!:goodvibes

So glad you have another trip planned! Sounds like you guys'll have so much fun with your best friends!

Hi Kylie...thanks so much for joining in!:goodvibes

Hi! I enjoyed your last report so much that I am getting on board for this one now!!

Thanks Kerry...so glad to have you along!:goodvibes

I finally finished reading your TR and had to sub to your PTR before I forgot. I'm glad that you get to go back with your kids so soon! Can't wait to read all the plans.

Thanks so much for coming over! :)

I'm so excited for you! I know with the knowledge you gained from your family trip last May, this one will be so much better :thumbsup2 And, how awesome that you are going with good friends! We did a Disney trip with friends once too and had a wonderful time.

Looking forward to hearing all about your plans!

Thanks Michelle. I definitely think it is going to be a great trip!:yay:

Very exciting! Can't wait to read about your plans!

Thank you, and Welcome!:welcome:

Hi there! I'm subbing! Looks like our trips will overlap. :banana: Can't wait to read more about you plans. popcorn::

Thanks so much for joining! And hopefully we will run into one another in the Parks!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter