Can I Survive another 11 days in WDW w/ Disney-Resistant Husband? *11/25 SURPRISE!!**

Welcome home Trish! :goodvibes Hang in there as you settle back into reality and work. We will look forward to your TR when you have time to do it, no rush, we all understand. I hope the weather cooperated for you, I was a little worried about the rain and wind, but I'm sure you managed to get through it! Happy fall, light a candle!:)

You are right - we did get absolutely soaked with wind and rain the last 2 days of our trip. In all the days I have spent in FL over the years, I have never experienced two back-to-back days of almost 48 hours of constant wind and rain. It was something else, that is for sure! But we have some fun memories of it too! :goodvibes

Welcome back!!!!! Don't you just hate making your way to the airport!!!!!!!!!!!! sob sob sob I can't wait to hear about your trip

Leaving for the airport and coming home was actually a bit easier this time since we were coming home to my favourite time of year (Fall), and were greeted with the pretty fall foliage and changing colors, which we didn't experience in FL. But don't get me wrong...it was still pretty hard. :laughing:

Welcome home!! I hope things slow down so you can start your TR. I'm very excited to read it. :goodvibes

Thanks....hope you understand, but I may not be starting now til closer to the end of the year...I have an update on that coming right up! ;)

:welcome: home Trish! Glad you had a great time & made it home safe. I am interested to see your take on the 40th anniversary but sounds like you were somewhat underwhelmed.

Ready & excited to read about your adventures......probably be good for me to read when I get back from my cruise to help chase away the post-trip blues.

Thanks Mel...can't wait to hear all about your cruise as well! :goodvibes

Welcome home! I'm glad you had a great trip. Can't wait to hear about it, but take your time and settle in and share with us whenever you can. Sounds like it went better than the last one, huh?

I'm with you. I am leaving on a short vacation Sunday and I HAD to get our short snow trip booked this week before I left. I just can't face coming home and not having the next vacay planned!

I hear ya on the itch to plan a trip as soon as we get back. As a matter of fact, I just did exactly that not that long ago. Update on that coming right up...;)

Hi Trish! I've just recently started reading your TRs (I'm currently on page 18 of this one!), but I wanted to pause to tell you how much I enjoy reading about your trips! I hope this trip was fabulous!

Okay, back to reading for me:goodvibes

Thanks so much for posting and Welcome!:welcome: Hope you will stick around for this report...whenever I end up actually starting it!!! :rotfl:

Glad to see that you had a safe trip. I will be haging around waiting for your new TR.
I know how it is walking into work & all the unpacking & laundry to be done. It took me a month to get started on my first TR ever & it's a pain trying to get updated with all that goes on around here!

Thanks for your patience...I will get that report started eventually...:rolleyes:

Once you write your first TR you definitely get a newfound appreciation for just how time-consuming they can be, don't you?

Welcome home! I'll be patiently awaiting your trip report! Glad to hear that Chris liked the race, but sad to hear it didn't convert him. I guess we take what we can get, right?

Thanks Jenny! Chris definitely liked the race a lot, that is for sure. Guaranteed it won't be his last Disney race! ;)

Welcome Home! I hear ya about lining up the next trip as soon as possible! I actually named my current TR just that. :rotfl:

Looking forward to your TR!

Oh boy....not only am I behind on starting my own TR...I am behind on everybody else's. I haven't even finished your *last* TR yet! :rotfl:

I've gotta put my head down real soon, don't I???

Looking forward to hearing about your trip. I was there from 9/30-10/3, 40th anniversary celebration/Race Expo/finish line party at Epcot/and two days filled with park hopping. We fit in a lot during our short trip. I don't think I saw you but maybe I did and didn't know it.:rotfl:

There were so many people there in the parks that weekend, weren't there? It was really hard to find anyone. Hope you had a great trip! :)

I can't wait to hear all about this trip and see all your wonderful pictures! We'll be here whenever you are readypopcorn::

Thanks Queen. Can't wait to get all caught up on your TR as well! ;)

Welcome home Trish! I can't wait to hear all about your trip!!! I hope it was fantastic! :thumbsup2 and I hope Chris had an awesome race!:thumbsup2

Thanks! Chris did quite enjoy the race. I have lots to post about it in the TR. :)

I was many pages behind, so I missed your send off - but WELCOME HOME! I look forward to the TR!

Hi Brook...thank you! :goodvibes Looking forward to catching up with you as well!

HI Trish.. i was there for a short trip when you were. I kept looking for you and your cute kids but never did see you. I am interested to hear your take on the 40th celebration. We were there and not at 3am or even 5am. I thought I was early arriving at 8:15!!!! Can you believe the morning crowd???

I also did not pre purchase my MNSSHP tickets and they SOLD OUT!!! They told me they never sale out in September so I was waiting to see how the weather was as one of my close friends bought tickets one year and it poured rain. She said it was yucky. So kids were disappointed but I did snag a table in lounge at Cali Grill so we were able to see the fireworks. Oh and that night when i tried to drive back to our resort Guess what... All the roads were closed because of the race!!! I saw the runners as I drove back and forth trying to figure out how in the world I was going to get back to the resort as ALL exits were closed!!! I immediately thought of Chris. Those people are dedicated to run all night long!!!

My son just turned 10 and he has been taking golf lessons for a few years. On our last trip he and his Dad played one of the 18 hole courses at Disney and my 7yo daughter and I had some girl time. That was a highlight for my disney resistant husband. If Chris plays golf maybe he would like that.

We live at the beach so interested to know about the surfing lesson. I think falling on concrete would not be that great though.

Can't wait to hear about your trip.

Girl, I am thinking of going back for Christmas decorations. If you lived here (SC) we could just hop in the minivan with the kiddos and our husbands could relish in there free time to workout and eat healthy. Also trying to decide about a trip at Easter. We went last year and the weather was PERFECT!!

I am so sorry to hear that you couldn't get into the MNSSHP. However, given that it was a sold-out nite, you probably would not wanted to be there anyway. :rotfl:

I completely agree with you on the crowds for Oct.1st...it was absolutely CRAZY!!! We were probably within feet of one another but never would have spotted one another with all the crowds. :upsidedow

I am afraid to say that I won't be able to give much of a review of the surf lessons at Typhoon...more on that later! ;)

As far as planning another trip to see the Christmas decorations this year...I actually have been scheming together a little plan to do exactly that. More details momentarily! ;) You should definitely consider joining us, especially as you are so close, right? :laughing:

Good News & Bad News

I am sorry I haven't been able to start my TR. I am still feeling like I haven't gotten things under control at home or work since we got home about 2 weeks ago. I jumped into a busy time both at work and at home since we have been back, and don't see things calming down in the near future. As a result, I simply haven't been able to devote any time to downloading, uploading and editing photos, much less starting the time-consuming process of beginning the TR.

On top of this, the holidays are quickly approaching, and like everyone else, I will likely be distracted and busy with all that entails right up until Christmas.

As a result, I have decided that any free time I have between now and Christmas I will spend starting to write segments for the TR, but I won't formally start the report until after Christmas. By that point I would hope to have a couple segments already finished in advance so that if things get busy again I should still be able to continue to provide at least a weekly update.

So that's the bad news. Now for the good news.

I have actually planned a last-minute quickie weekend trip to WDW in December to attend Disapolooza's Harry Potter event, and D23's Magic & Merriment event, which includes backstage looks at Disney Christmas decorations and events, some special events, a tour of Cinderella's Castle Suite, and of course, attendance at the Candlelight Processional with Neil Patrick Harris and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.

I also hope to see the Osborne Lights while we are there, and pop into some of the events for the WDW Reunion Weekend and All Ears' December to Remember, which are also taking place the weekend we are there.

Once again I am attending with Carrie (lurkyloo). This will be our 2nd trip as roomies, and our 3rd trip to WDW together. Carrie also graciously toured me all over LA the last time I was out there, so I think it is safe to say that by the end of this trip she will likely be quite sick of me. :laughing:

I hope to provide at least a couple of updates and a load of photos from my upcoming December trip, which I will post on here before getting my October TR started right after Christmas. Plus, I will probably have at least a couple of family & Christmas-related updates on here before I get my formal TR up and running.

So once again, apologies for the delay, but I think it would be better if I wait to start my report once I am in a position to give it some regular attention. Hope you understand, and hopefully you will stick around on here for further updates.:goodvibes

WOW!!! How wonderful that you have another trip planned; especially at Christmas time. Sounds like you and lurkyloo are going to have a great time!....Dare I say it....."LuckyToo"! ;)

Sorry to read that you've been busy at home and at work. It is coming up to the silly season where home and work is concerned....so make sure you look after yourself. We'll still be here in the new year to follow your TR. :thumbsup2

Good News & Bad News

I am sorry I haven't been able to start my TR. I am still feeling like I haven't gotten things under control at home or work since we got home about 2 weeks ago. I jumped into a busy time both at work and at home since we have been back, and don't see things calming down in the near future. As a result, I simply haven't been able to devote any time to downloading, uploading and editing photos, much less starting the time-consuming process of beginning the TR.

On top of this, the holidays are quickly approaching, and like everyone else, I will likely be distracted and busy with all that entails right up until Christmas.

As a result, I have decided that any free time I have between now and Christmas I will spend starting to write segments for the TR, but I won't formally start the report until after Christmas. By that point I would hope to have a couple segments already finished in advance so that if things get busy again I should still be able to continue to provide at least a weekly update.

So that's the bad news. Now for the good news.

I have actually planned a last-minute quickie weekend trip to WDW in December to attend Disapolooza's Harry Potter event, and D23's Magic & Merriment event, which includes backstage looks at Disney Christmas decorations and events, some special events, a tour of Cinderella's Castle Suite, and of course, attendance at the Candlelight Processional with Neil Patrick Harris and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.

I also hope to see the Osborne Lights while we are there, and pop into some of the events for the WDW Reunion Weekend and All Ears' December to Remember, which are also taking place the weekend we are there.

Once again I am attending with Carrie (lurkyloo). This will be our 2nd trip as roomies, and our 3rd trip to WDW together. Carrie also graciously toured me all over LA the last time I was out there, so I think it is safe to say that by the end of this trip she will likely be quite sick of me. :laughing:

I hope to provide at least a couple of updates and a load of photos from my upcoming December trip, which I will post on here before getting my October TR started right after Christmas. Plus, I will probably have at least a couple of family & Christmas-related updates on here before I get my formal TR up and running.

So once again, apologies for the delay, but I think it would be better if I wait to start my report once I am in a position to give it some regular attention. Hope you understand, and hopefully you will stick around on here for further updates.:goodvibes

I totally understand!! :goodvibes:goodvibes I have been trying to finish up my Nov 2010 trip report!! :lmao: I've been back 2 times already and about to go back in 2 weeks!! :lmao:

Can't wait to read it though!

Congrats on the December trip - that's awesome. I had reservations that weekend and had to change them to the next weekend. Bummer! That is going to be one fun time.

No worries on the trip report. It givesw everyone something to look forward to!

I understand completely! Before I started my TR, I was bummed by slow TR writers. Now I see that it is hard doing a TR & it has given me much respect for those who update often! :)

After Christmas is a good time, will brighten up January since not much happens then.

Another trip! How exciting and more to look forward to! I hope things at home and at work are running smoother and that you get some time to relax! :)

How exciting about your Christmas trip :santa:. If we were not going to be at WDW in January for the 1/2 marathon, I just might insinuate myself right into your girls trip with Carrie. I am sure you girls will have a wonderful time!

Wow, that December trip sounds amazing! I cannot wait to hear all about it and see pictures.

I found the WWoHP to be fantastic and can only imagine what will be in store for you guys when it's open just to the DISers.

And I totally <3 Neil Patrick Harris, so that December trip sound fabulous.

I'll be along hopefully to read your TR once you do start it. But I totally understand the wanting to wait until the holidays. I definitely did not get how time consuming they were until I did my own. And that was a big part of the reason I hemmed and hawed about writing the current one.

WOW!!! How wonderful that you have another trip planned; especially at Christmas time. Sounds like you and lurkyloo are going to have a great time!....Dare I say it....."LuckyToo"! ;)

Sorry to read that you've been busy at home and at work. It is coming up to the silly season where home and work is concerned....so make sure you look after yourself. We'll still be here in the new year to follow your TR. :thumbsup2

Thanks! I can't wait til after the holidays to start writing about our October trip. Please stick around!:)

I totally understand!! :goodvibes:goodvibes I have been trying to finish up my Nov 2010 trip report!! :lmao: I've been back 2 times already and about to go back in 2 weeks!! :lmao:

Can't wait to read it though!

Hurray for a Christmas trip!!! That will be a lot of fun!!! :santa:

Will probably start it shortly after Christmas. But I plan on posting about my upcoming Dec trip beforehand.;)

Can't wait to hear about all of the D23 events! That sounds like a good time!

Thanks Jackie. Will definitely keep you posted. Already looking forward to it...I have never seen WDW during the holidays before, so I can't wait!:yay:

Congrats on the December trip - that's awesome. I had reservations that weekend and had to change them to the next weekend. Bummer! That is going to be one fun time.

No worries on the trip report. It givesw everyone something to look forward to!

Thanks Mary Ellen. Too bad we will just miss you!:sad2:

I understand completely! Before I started my TR, I was bummed by slow TR writers. Now I see that it is hard doing a TR & it has given me much respect for those who update often! :)

After Christmas is a good time, will brighten up January since not much happens then.

You are so, so right!!! And that is why this kid will *never* complain about someone not update a TR.:laughing: I may not be the fastest poster, but what I start I always (eventually) finish!;)

Another trip! How exciting and more to look forward to! I hope things at home and at work are running smoother and that you get some time to relax! :)

Thank you! Hope you stick around for both of these upcoming TR!:)

How exciting about your Christmas trip :santa:. If we were not going to be at WDW in January for the 1/2 marathon, I just might insinuate myself right into your girls trip with Carrie. I am sure you girls will have a wonderful time!

Hey Mel...I see you have started your TR. I will have to pop over and catch up. I didn't know you were heading down for the Half? Are you and/or Erin running?

Too bad you can't join the party next month...I have a hunch that it is going to be a great weekend!:goodvibes

Wow, that December trip sounds amazing! I cannot wait to hear all about it and see pictures.

I found the WWoHP to be fantastic and can only imagine what will be in store for you guys when it's open just to the DISers.

And I totally <3 Neil Patrick Harris, so that December trip sound fabulous.

I'll be along hopefully to read your TR once you do start it. But I totally understand the wanting to wait until the holidays. I definitely did not get how time consuming they were until I did my own. And that was a big part of the reason I hemmed and hawed about writing the current one.

Thanks so much for sticking around...I should have the Dec TR started and finished by the end of the year, and the Oct one started soon after that.

I definitely have some catching up to do with other reports - including yours! Will pop over there soon.:)

I completely understand!

I should, since the last combined PTR and TR was almost 2 years in the making. :rotfl:

The December trip sounds wonderful!

I completely understand!

I should, since the last combined PTR and TR was almost 2 years in the making. :rotfl:

The December trip sounds wonderful!

Hi Cynthia!:wave2: Glad I am not alone! :laughing: And speaking of your TRs...I definitely have to check out your current cruise report!;)

Yay for a December trip! :woohoo: We are looking forward to seeing all the lights, trees, and displays again very soon, too! We'll be seeing Blair Underwood and/or Marlee Matlin at Candlelight Processional. I am sorry that we will miss Susan Lucci by one day.

Yay for a December trip! :woohoo: We are looking forward to seeing all the lights, trees, and displays again very soon, too! We'll be seeing Blair Underwood and/or Marlee Matlin at Candlelight Processional. I am sorry that we will miss Susan Lucci by one day.

Sorry that our trips won't overlap, but at least we each get to experience some fantastic Christmas events. :goodvibes

An Unexpected Gift from Disney

I often find that it tends to be the simple and unexpected little surprises in life which end up meaning the most.

This week, completely out of the blue, Disney brought some smiles to our household by sending us a rather unexpected package.

To our collective surprise, the package itself was addressed to Chris. Just Chris. And we had no idea whatsoever what could possibly be inside.

Any guesses????

As it turned out, runDisney ended up sending Chris a commemorative plaque as a result of finishing 4th in his age category at the Wine & Dine Half Marathon last month. That's right...4th. Not 1st, not 2nd, and not even 3rd. But 4th. What a complete surprise! If Disney was going to send out souvenir plaques, I would have thought they would likely have just sent them out to the top 3 finishers in each age division. But not Disney. Clearly, they didn't stop at just the top 3.

IMG_8606.jpg

IMG_8608.jpg

Unfortunately, despite his 4th place finish, Chris faced a number of struggles in this race, and ended up running what he felt was his worst ever race. (More details on all of that in my upcoming Trip Report). But while he didn't feel too great about his personal race, Chris was full of praise for Disney's organization of the event.

Although this was Chris' first runDisney event, it certainly won't be his last. As a matter of fact, 2 or 3 weeks ago I was absolutely floored when Chris asked me to check on flight and hotel fares at Disney for the first week of January, when he is scheduled to be off on holidays. Turns out, he was interested in returning to run his second Disney Half Marathon. Unfortunately my own work commitments will prevent us from going, but I suspect there is a good chance we will be returning for this event in January 2013 when possibly Chris will run his first Full Marathon, and I may hopefully be capable of running some kind of race myself. And what better year to plan a trip to Disney for Marathon Weekend than 2013, when Disney will be celebrating the 20th anniversary of the WDW Marathon! ;)

That is so cool. Nice plaque, way to go for your DH. Today I was showing my DD the Osborne light pictures from a few nights ago, and she said they were on during the W&D Half Marathon. Sounds like Disney did a good job with the run.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter