Can I Survive another 11 days in WDW w/ Disney-Resistant Husband? *11/25 SURPRISE!!**

It's so great that you are going to WDW in December, it is so magical then. The Castle Suite is beautiful, we can't wait to see it again.

WOW! Is this Chris....wanting you to organise a trip BACK to disney in January 2013???? WOW! WOW! WOW!

And don't forget....I'm planning on being at the World in the first week of October 2013....:rolleyes1

Very cool plaque. Good for him! And if it gets him wanting to run another Disney race, all the better!!!! :woohoo:

What a great surprise, nice looking placque! I think placing fourth is a fairly good deal. Congratulaions to Chris!

Nice that he wants to go back to run another race! One way or another he will fall victim to Disney's charm.:love:

What a great surprise for Chris to get that plaque! Disney is just fabulous that way, isn't it? :goodvibes And if it makes Chris like Disney a little bit more then that's even better! :laughing:

That is so cool. Nice plaque, way to go for your DH. Today I was showing my DD the Osborne light pictures from a few nights ago, and she said they were on during the W&D Half Marathon. Sounds like Disney did a good job with the run.

You know what is funny? I asked Chris if the "Christmas Lights" were on in HS during his run (as he would have no idea what I meant by Osborne Lights), and he said no. I was really disappointed because I had heard that they were going to be on, and thought it would have been a real highlight of the run for him.

Of course, I later heard from others that the lights were on afterall. Guess Chris must have ran right by without noticing. :rotfl: I think that more than anything else gives a sense of how "off" he was for this race. :eek:

It's so great that you are going to WDW in December, it is so magical then. The Castle Suite is beautiful, we can't wait to see it again.

I really can't wait! There are so many things I am dying to see and experience, and seeing the Castle Suite is right up there! :goodvibes

WOW! Is this Chris....wanting you to organise a trip BACK to disney in January 2013???? WOW! WOW! WOW!

And don't forget....I'm planning on being at the World in the first week of October 2013....:rolleyes1

I know!!! I couldn't believe it myself. And you know what, even though I told him 2 weeks or so ago that we couldn't go, he asked me again yesterday if we were going or not. :laughing: He is definitely anxious for a re-do of his race. ;)

Very cool plaque. Good for him! And if it gets him wanting to run another Disney race, all the better!!!! :woohoo:

You are right Mary Ellen...I will take it whatever way I can get it! ;)

What a wonderful surprise! And 4th place is quite an accomplishment.

Thanks Andrea...I agree! Even though Chris wasn't impressed with his personal race, the fact that he still got 4th in his age category was pretty awesome!:)

what a lovely lovely surprise!!!!!!!!

Wasn't it? I was really impressed!

What a great surprise, nice looking placque! I think placing fourth is a fairly good deal. Congratulaions to Chris!

Nice that he wants to go back to run another race! One way or another he will fall victim to Disney's charm.:love:

Thank you! And yes, I may have found the most persuasive pull yet to get Chris back to the parks. :laughing:

What a great surprise for Chris to get that plaque! Disney is just fabulous that way, isn't it? :goodvibes And if it makes Chris like Disney a little bit more then that's even better! :laughing:

You are so right Jackie! And I am sure the goodwill Disney generates by sending out the finishers' plaques more than makes up for their cost! ;)

For anyone who is interested, I have started a very brief PTR for my upcoming December trip. You can find that here:

Countdown to Magic & Merriment and Disapalooza!!!

I will be updating on the trip and our Christmas preparations over there, followed by a complete report on the trip itself. Then, after the holidays, I will come back here to post the link to our October Trip Report once I get it started.

Hope everyone had a Happy American Thanksgiving, and the spirit of the season is making your days a little brighter! :goodvibes

Chris, as in your husband, asked you to price out a Disney trip??!! :woohoo::dance3::woohoo:

This is great news!!

Very cool surprise he got and quite an impressive result for an event in which he felt "off."

Speaking of "off," I'm off to check out your Dec plans... I'm still hemming and hawing...:rolleyes1

What a cool surprise to get in the mail! Chris should be very proud of himself & I love that the race has him asking about future Disney trips.:cool1:

An Unexpected Gift from Disney

I often find that it tends to be the simple and unexpected little surprises in life which end up meaning the most.

This week, completely out of the blue, Disney brought some smiles to our household by sending us a rather unexpected package.

To our collective surprise, the package itself was addressed to Chris. Just Chris. And we had no idea whatsoever what could possibly be inside.

Any guesses????

As it turned out, runDisney ended up sending Chris a commemorative plaque as a result of finishing 4th in his age category at the Wine & Dine Half Marathon last month. That's right...4th. Not 1st, not 2nd, and not even 3rd. But 4th. What a complete surprise! If Disney was going to send out souvenir plaques, I would have thought they would likely have just sent them out to the top 3 finishers in each age division. But not Disney. Clearly, they didn't stop at just the top 3.

IMG_8606.jpg

IMG_8608.jpg

Unfortunately, despite his 4th place finish, Chris faced a number of struggles in this race, and ended up running what he felt was his worst ever race. (More details on all of that in my upcoming Trip Report). But while he didn't feel too great about his personal race, Chris was full of praise for Disney's organization of the event.

Although this was Chris' first runDisney event, it certainly won't be his last. As a matter of fact, 2 or 3 weeks ago I was absolutely floored when Chris asked me to check on flight and hotel fares at Disney for the first week of January, when he is scheduled to be off on holidays. Turns out, he was interested in returning to run his second Disney Half Marathon. Unfortunately my own work commitments will prevent us from going, but I suspect there is a good chance we will be returning for this event in January 2013 when possibly Chris will run his first Full Marathon, and I may hopefully be capable of running some kind of race myself. And what better year to plan a trip to Disney for Marathon Weekend than 2013, when Disney will be celebrating the 20th anniversary of the WDW Marathon! ;)

How awesome!!!! Tell him Congrats!! I was getting excited thinking you were coming down for marathon weekend. My husband and I are running the half and I would have loved to have been able to meet you!

BUT, I will be back in 2013 for the full as well! I wouldn't miss the 20th anniversary either! Especially for the special bling it comes with!! :thumbsup2 Off to read your PTR!

Congratulations on the December trip! I will be checking out that PTR shortly.

And Chris asked you to price out a Disney trip? :faint: :banana::banana::banana: That is PROGRESS! :yay:

Awesome that Chris placed 4th in his age group! That is impressive. How exciting about probably doing 2013 Marathon weekend! There will probably be a really cool medal for the 20th anniversary. Who knows that may convice me to go back for another full. (I'm just running the half this year.) Of course I would be nowhere near your DH in that race!

Awesome that Chris placed 4th in his age group! That is impressive. How exciting about probably doing 2013 Marathon weekend! There will probably be a really cool medal for the 20th anniversary. Who knows that may convice me to go back for another full. (I'm just running the half this year.) Of course I would be nowhere near your DH in that race!

Hi fellow Marylander!! : ) I see you are running the half too! My husband and I are going down.. Did you run the Baltimore half this year? That was a great race..

Did I miss the link to the trip report? I love hearing about your trips, you manage to pack so much in.

Mel

Actually I was wondering the same thing. For both this trip and your December "solo" trip?:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter