Can walk ups get in to dinner at Ohana's

myjourney

DIS Veteran
I checked all 9 nights we are going in May and nothing is available. My granddaughter is all about Hawaii right now. There are 4 of us.

Generally speaking, no. It's not impossible, but it's highly unlikely given the popular nature at the restaurant.

I would keep checking for ADRs on the website, since mealtimes tend to open up as people shift plans, especially close to the date.

Have you considered the Spirit of Aloha show at the Poly? It's a little pricey, but if your granddaughter is all about Hawaii, it's fun for children.

Many years ago we did the Spirit of Aloha show at the Poly and it is on my never again list. Our server was drunk or drugged, we were seated where we had a hard time seeing anything and then to top it off we all got sick. So no more. But I will keep trying for Ohana. My granddaughter is 8 and the reason she wants to go to Hawaii is to get a drink with an umbrella :) I am guessing she has seen this on TV.

Many years ago we did the Spirit of Aloha show at the Poly and it is on my never again list. Our server was drunk or drugged, we were seated where we had a hard time seeing anything and then to top it off we all got sick. So no more. But I will keep trying for Ohana. My granddaughter is 8 and the reason she wants to go to Hawaii is to get a drink with an umbrella :) I am guessing she has seen this on TV.

I don't blame you, Spirit of Aloha was a one-and-done for our family as well. I wouldn't have even suggested it if you didn't mention your DGD was in the mix! Definitely keep trying for 'Ohana.

Go to touringplans.com and use their free ADR finder. Reservations open up all the time but they do get snapped up quickly but a lot of people have had success with it.[/QUOTE

Thanks for this information I submitted a search.

Definitely do the touring plans reservation finder, BUT if you get a notification then you better jump on it that minute it becomes available.

Also keep stalking multiple times a day - yes, it will become an obsession, but how good will it feel to snag that infamous reservation. You might get lucky the days leading up to your trip -- people book reservations and then decide to change plans just a few days before and they have to cancel by 11:59pm the night before or they will be charged. So be extra diligent in looking for those reservations leading up to your trip and while you are there.

Also sometimes changing party size helps -- you might not find a reservation for 4 but you might score a 2 person reservation and then might get lucky for another 2 person reservation at the same or close time -- when you arrive you can likely get your table together.

Sometimes the system is finicky -- you can find a table for 5 but then can for 4 -- so if you can book 5 then go for it and just say one person didn't show up. Many people report party size as a factor in finding tables.

As others have stated, use the touring plans reservation finder. I have successfully used it for my last 4 trips. I just booked a Easter weekend trip two nights ago and today, I got CRT for dinner on the day I wanted.

I would not think that you would be able to walk up and get in there. When we have gone they always seemed to be running behind and turning people away as we waited for our table.

Ohana is typically available for week-of and day-before reservations. All I can figure is lots of people cancel at the last minute.

I totally agree with this post.

Keep checking yourself especially when you hit your 30 day mark. Also, subscribe to the May ADR Cancellations thread here on the Reservations subforum of the Restaurants board. I’m stalking it myself because I would love to score a BOG dinner for 10.

Don't give up looking ppl cancel constantly, I would check several times a day, may be on a different day then you like or time but you could probably still get it...

The line of ppl that come before opening and stand there for hours trying to get in when they don't have an ADR is pretty long so the chances of getting in without one are rare, or if your still gonna try you need to be there pretty early before opening

Thanks to the suggestions here I was able to get a late reservation for 9:30. I am going to keep trying for an earlier, but at least I have this one. I am guessing there will not be any games or dancing for the kids at that time?

Thanks to the suggestions here I was able to get a late reservation for 9:30. I am going to keep trying for an earlier, but at least I have this one. I am guessing there will not be any games or dancing for the kids at that time?
We normally make our ADR's for 20:00 to 20:30 hours but I do seem to member them doing the coconut races pretty late. I know I have pictures of my daughter doing them and since we have normal 20:00 ADR's they must have been doing the races around 21:00 hours.

You could get her a kid's beverage at the Tambu Lounge or Trader Sam's. Pretty sure they have cocktail umbrellas.:)
They'll put an umbrella in a non-alcoholic beverage of choice at Tambu, Kona or Trader Sam's (all at Poly, none require ADRs). (O'hana is a really expensive dinner if that's the main goal.) Are you staying at Poly? Room service will bring you Twilight Feast, which is the Ohana meal. I bet you they'll bring a drink umbrella (no matter what you order).

I believe the entertainment stops at either 9 or 9:30

Don’t give up! I could only find 930 reservations for quite a while for our upcoming May trip and then randomly a 330 popped up. Not exactly “ideal” for dinner, but makes for a great late lunch! Then you probably have time after eating to go to the parks :cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter