Can we just start talking about Halloween now????

ColoradoLime

wait awhile between eating and goat staring
When I tell you I had the @*#&$! day at work I mean it. I came home, put my comfy pj pants on and crawled into bed. All I want to do is surround myself with Disney right now. I've got The Great Mouse Detective playing in the background while I work on my planning spreadsheet for our October trip and I'm playing around with some park touring plans and thinking about HALLOWEEN!

Who else is going during Halloween? Who else is planning in their pjs right now? Who else is drinking wine while in their pjs planning their trip???

For reference purposes, linking last year's Halloween Superthread here.

Last edited:
Do Jack Skellington socks count as pj's, because I'm wearing those. I am hoping that we see Halloween information released in April, like they did back in 2019. I definitely hope they don't keep us waiting until July. My flights are booked, the hotel is booked, and everything hinges on hopefully going to our first OBB🤞🏻.

Do Jack Skellington socks count as pj's, because I'm wearing those. I am hoping that we see Halloween information released in April, like they did back in 2019. I definitely hope they don't keep us waiting until July. My flights are booked, the hotel is booked, and everything hinges on hopefully going to our first OBB🤞🏻.

Those definitely count!

I have our hotel booked. Waiting on flights because the costs are crazy right now. We're defintely going to OBB. After reading the experience everyone had last year getting tickets, I'm seriously considering taking the day they go on sale off work! lol

I'm also planning out what I want to dress up as. At home I alternate between a unicorn and a butterfly, but I'm going to go all out for Disney. I'm thinking my hubby and I should be Wreck It Ralph and Vanellope von Schweetze.

I waited online in the virtual queue (tar-pit) for tickets when they went on sale last year. 8 hours later, I was able to submit my order, which wasn’t confirmed until 4 hours later.

the next day I went back, and in 5 min, was able to get through the queue, and tickets were still available four our date.

Disney IT is truly incompetent.

that being said, OBBwas a blast. We went in 2019, and again last year. Our DD (now 5) wanted to keep trick or treating all night. We came back with 10lbs of treats!

the last day we were there though, a thunderstorm moved in and they shut down all of the outdoor rides, and it got so bad with hail that everyone had to shelter in place in their rides. We did get to do back to back rides (4x) on Monsters Inc though!

hope All goes well with your planning!

Last edited:

I waited online in the virtual queue (tar-pit) for tickets when they went on sale last year. 8 hours later, I was able to submit my order, which wasn’t confirmed until 4 hours later.

This is exactly why I want to have time to focus on tickets. I read so many similar experiences to yours last year. Everyone here was complaining. We can only hope Disney has learned from last year but it's doubtful.

Who else is going during Halloween? Who else is planning in their pjs right now? Who else is drinking wine while in their pjs planning their trip???

Not going until November 11th but, definitely planning, while drinking wine, with Fresh Baked on YouTube right now. It's my daily treat to myself. Prep dinner, sit down with wine and laptop, first stop DisBoards!

Not going until November 11th but, definitely planning, while drinking wine, with Fresh Baked on YouTube right now. It's my daily treat to myself. Prep dinner, sit down with wine and laptop, first stop DisBoards!

I haven't ever watched Fresh Baked, should probably try it out.

I'm currently thinking about not renewing my Magic Key so currently not planning for Halloween. If it looks like the Halloween and Christmas calendars won't be a huge mess like last year and I have friends/family who want to go, I may start planning then.

I was definitely mentioning to someone last night that I was planning to go back for Halloween time.😁 October 2021 we just went for the OBB, so 8 hours in DCA after 2 years of not visiting Disneyland Resort, but, we knew we were coming back over Christmas and upgrading to Magic Keys.

We have Enchant keys so we are blocked all the weekends but hope to attend the OBB on a Sunday night and then be in the parks the next 2 days. Should be doable!

I was definitely mentioning to someone last night that I was planning to go back for Halloween time.😁 October 2021 we just went for the OBB, so 8 hours in DCA after 2 years of not visiting Disneyland Resort, but, we knew we were coming back over Christmas and upgrading to Magic Keys.

We have Enchant keys so we are blocked all the weekends but hope to attend the OBB on a Sunday night and then be in the parks the next 2 days. Should be doable!

I am very excited to go to OBB. My kids are huge NBC fans, my daughter has a Jack onsie she even said she might wear - she's 20. lol

I am very excited to go to OBB. My kids are huge NBC fans, my daughter has a Jack onsie she even said she might wear - she's 20. lol

Dressing up is part of the fun! My husband and I have Ghost Host costumes we bought from Disneyland a few years ago. That's our go-to costume!

I hope you have fun with all the planning! Be prepared for the party to go FAST. We got to do most of what we wanted but I wish we hadn't wasted an hour waiting for Webslingers. But the atmosphere is so fun!

Yes to the Halloween trip planning!

We attempted a fall trip 5 years ago but it fell through... literally the day before 😭 So we're going all out this year. Completely staying on site, not worrying so much about our food budget, and (hopefully) doing OBB one night!

Be prepared for the party to go FAST. We got to do most of what we wanted but I wish we hadn't wasted an hour waiting for Webslingers. But the atmosphere is so fun!

It definitely whizzes by. If you want to Do Webslingers, park yourself over by the ride. When they do the changeover to OBB, you should be able to get right into line, and the wait should be pretty minimal.

my DD had her heart set on doing the treat line, so we sat at the front of that line, while they opened up the Webslingers ride. The people running the treat lane refused to open the line until exactly 7, so we had to watch as everyone walked straight into Webslingers. 😭 It still only took 30 min to get on the ride, but it was torture waiting for the treat lane to open!

I hope you have fun with all the planning! Be prepared for the party to go FAST. We got to do most of what we wanted but I wish we hadn't wasted an hour waiting for Webslingers. But the atmosphere is so fun!

I'm sure it will - anything super fun never lasts as long as you want it to. lol

Yes to the Halloween trip planning!

We attempted a fall trip 5 years ago but it fell through... literally the day before 😭 So we're going all out this year. Completely staying on site, not worrying so much about our food budget, and (hopefully) doing OBB one night!

Oh man - hope this one goes smoothly for you!!

I'm thinking of trying out TouringPlans on this trip (hope I'm allowed to mention them here). I just can't find a way to justify the cost of Genie+ and the main rides we like would be an extra cost on top of that. Ugh

I really think planning a trip helps you keep your sanity! We went to a Christmas Party, and now we're going on 2/1 to a sweethearts night! ❤

I love all the Halloween things in the parks, the food, the decorations, the villains, it's all so much fun!

When I go with my best friend, we can only arrange to go during Halloween time due to her schedule. That happens to be my fav time! While we haven't started planning, we've got ideas brewing. We usually have to line up the OBB calendar with her work schedule to see what fits.

If the OBB days line up the way they did last year we'll have three days to choose from. Fingers crossed that means we have a shot at getting tickets for at least one of those days!!

Are OBB tickets always hard to come by or was last year an anomaly?

I don't know if past events were just as in demand or if last year was that way because people were Disney deprived due to covid. lol

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter