Can you stack DAS reservations?

tara595

Earning My Ears
Hello, I secured a DAS pass today for my daughter with epilepsy. We booked two advanced reservations. I know I can book more reservations once we're in the park. My question is - can I stack reservations? Or do I have to wait until we complete a ride? I don't plan on buying Genie +

Thanks in advance!

Hello, I secured a DAS pass today for my daughter with epilepsy. We booked two advanced reservations. I know I can book more reservations once we're in the park. My question is - can I stack reservations? Or do I have to wait until we complete a ride? I don't plan on buying Genie +

Thanks in advance!
You don’t have to wait until you use the pre-booked return times before you book a regular DAS return time. But you can only have one regular (not pre-booked) DAS return time at a time.

You can get your next day-of DAS after tapping into second tap style of the ride you currently have a day of DAS for. The pre booked ones are a totally different thing, you can have overlapping times with the prebooked DAS and a day of one, but not two day of one’s. My DD also has epilepsy and we get the pass for her too

Last edited:
You don’t have to wait until you use the pre-booked return times before you book a regular DAS return time. But you can only have one regular (not pre-booked) DAS return time at a time.
Ok, thank you. I think I got it. Did you do Genie + as well? Is it worth it?

once you tap in ( some times there is a. second tap point) you can book another DAS for a ride while you wait for the ride you are waiting in

Ok, thank you. I think I got it. Did you do Genie + as well? Is it worth it?
We haven't used genie+ yet, but I think the answer is, it depends. Will the DAS pass holder ride every ride, or are there rides they won't do but others in your party may want to experience? If so, you might want genie+ for those.

Also, I think if you're expecting a short park day then genie+ in addition to DAS might be quite beneficial, especially at a park with a lot of rides, like magic kingdom. By using DAS for rides in the same vicinity as your genie+ selections you can get more done in a short period of time.

If you're spending the entire day at Animal Kingdom or Epcot, then I wouldn't think you will need genie+ because there aren't all that many rides, and you can fill in with shows and other entertainment while you wait for your DAS return times. I hope that makes sense. I'm not so great at explaining things lol.

The easiest way to think of this is that your actual DAS and the ones that you pre booked are 2 completely different systems. The pre booked ones are on their own and you have to get to them in that hour time frame. They have nothing to do with your DAS or Genie+ or any other special return times that you may get. For DAS, you can not stack those. You can only have 1 return time active and once your return time comes up, you do not have a time frame in which you need to ride. It is good for the rest of the day. You can not get another return time though, until you tap into your ride or you can cancel it in the app. Again, DAS has nothing to do with any other feature, like Genie+ and they act independently. So you can have a DAS, Genie+, and a pre booked return time for the same ride at the same time. Hope that makes sense.

We had genie plus with das but didn’t really use it. It just added too much to deal with when we have enough problems dealing with our difficulties in the parks. The das is enough for us. Even the pre-arrival ones were too hard to use much of the time for us.

We had genie plus with das but didn’t really use it. It just added too much to deal with when we have enough problems dealing with our difficulties in the parks. The das is enough for us. Even the pre-arrival ones were too hard to use much of the time for us.
We found that we used maybe half of our pre-selections at most. Just using DAS was enough for me, as I don't go on the big rides that much anyways, but this was a special trip with my niece and nephew so I was brave and did EE (for the very last time) and Guardians (for the first and last time) but no RnR, ToT, Space Mountain (although I was game to try it once for the kids) or M:S. On future trips, the rest of the group is going to need Genie+ for those rides, and be ready to purchase ILL for the ones that require it.

We found that we used maybe half of our pre-selections at most. Just using DAS was enough for me, as I don't go on the big rides that much anyways, but this was a special trip with my niece and nephew so I was brave and did EE (for the very last time) and Guardians (for the first and last time) but no RnR, ToT, Space Mountain (although I was game to try it once for the kids) or M:S. On future trips, the rest of the group is going to need Genie+ for those rides, and be ready to purchase ILL for the ones that require it.

Yeah not being able to ride some that others in your party does require other workarounds. I won’t sacrifice myself for my daughter on Everest anymore. Usually she is able to get on it pretty quickly using single rider. (Because she is old enough ). She loves that one. The backward part kills me

Definitely skip genie+ my whole family rode all rides together. With a bigger group or if the DAS holder may want to skip rides, I think you would want it. we tried to plan around our reservations but weren’t very successful. We usually tried to book a new ride as soon as we tapped in.

DAS makes Genie Plus not necessary, but if you use both you will trivially get any park done. (Maybe not Magic Kingdom) We used DAS plus Genie Plus for my son with Autism and knocked out Hollywood studios in July with no problems. (All rides, and all shows)

One thing we realize about DAS in park is that like others have said its in use until you use it, but unlike Genie Plus you cant "miss" your window. (you can for the 2 pre book and Genie plus) Its used once you get to the ride then after the second scan you can use it again. Also when you DO use it, it seems to take the wait time of the ride you want, add that time to the current time and thats your return time. (give or take about 5 minutes) So it pays to pay attention to the wait time of your DAS selection if you want to optimize how you are handling the park and Genie Plus lane you have.

Very important is that the DAS holder MUST go on the ride for the group to board.

Finally and most importantly. It works for Individual Lightning Lane rides at no cost. So you can use it to guarantee Rise of Resistance, Seven Dwarves Mine Train, Flight of Passage, Frozen. Im not sure how it works with Guardians sense thats virtual queue. I believe you still have to get a virtual queue slot before you can get that one. (I might be wrong about that)

DAS makes Genie Plus not necessary, but if you use both you will trivially get any park done. (Maybe not Magic Kingdom) We used DAS plus Genie Plus for my son with Autism and knocked out Hollywood studios in July with no problems. (All rides, and all shows)

One thing we realize about DAS in park is that like others have said its in use until you use it, but unlike Genie Plus you cant "miss" your window. (you can for the 2 pre book and Genie plus) Its used once you get to the ride then after the second scan you can use it again. Also when you DO use it, it seems to take the wait time of the ride you want, add that time to the current time and thats your return time. (give or take about 5 minutes) So it pays to pay attention to the wait time of your DAS selection if you want to optimize how you are handling the park and Genie Plus lane you have.

Very important is that the DAS holder MUST go on the ride for the group to board.

Finally and most importantly. It works for Individual Lightning Lane rides at no cost. So you can use it to guarantee Rise of Resistance, Seven Dwarves Mine Train, Flight of Passage, Frozen. Im not sure how it works with Guardians sense thats virtual queue. I believe you still have to get a virtual queue slot before you can get that one. (I might be wrong about that)
We didn’t see an option when we were just there but got virtual queue and it was fine. There’s a lot to look at which really helps for us.

Guardians of the Galaxy requires the virtual queue spot - when your boarding group is called, approach the LL CM and tell them you have DAS.

What happens if the DAS rider refuses to ride, right at boarding? Anxiety-ridden 10 year olds aren't predictable; while ToT might seem like a good idea when tapping in, there is no guarantee that said DAS-holder will actually board the vehicle. Can the rest of the group still ride if the DAS boarder "bags out" at the last minute?

What happens if the DAS rider refuses to ride, right at boarding? Anxiety-ridden 10 year olds aren't predictable; while ToT might seem like a good idea when tapping in, there is no guarantee that said DAS-holder will actually board the vehicle. Can the rest of the group still ride if the DAS boarder "bags out" at the last minute?
YMMV. We’ve only had this happen at Peter Pan (we avoid anything bigger than barnstormer for my son who has DAS). We were like 3 families away from boarding and my son had a full-on meltdown (he’s on the Autism spectrum). We were getting out of line but the CM said if any of us wanted to still ride we could. My husband left the line with my son and my 3 year old and I went on. The technical answer is no, the person with the DAS has to ride, that said it depends on the CM. She saw the whole thing and noticed my 3 yr old was getting upset that we wouldn’t be able to go (she understands her brother but still, she’s 3).

would be up to the CM. remember reading one of mods on site family was not allowed to ride Jungle Cruise when boat daughter needed to ride was not available, not quite the same

would be up to the CM. remember reading one of mods on site family was not allowed to ride Jungle Cruise when boat daughter needed to ride was not available, not quite the same
That was me.
The wheelchair boats were out of commission.
The CM said we could only ride if our daughter could get out of her wheelchair and get onto the boat without it.
I said that would be very dangerous since we would need to carry her onto the unstable boat, over the side and down, then sit her on the seat with no support. It’s not like she’s a little preschooler - she’s a 5 foot tall, 85 pound young adult. I also said I realized the DAS holder was supposed to ride, but it was not her fault she couldn’t- it was because the regular boat was not accessible.
There was another CM standing by who agreed we could not ride. They said they could give us a ‘no wait’ pass for another attraction we could all ride. By that time, it was late in the day and this was supposed to be our last ride of the day; she was ready to leave, so we didn’t do the pass.

That was me.
The CM said we could only ride our daughter could get out of her wheelchair and get onto the boat without it.
I said that would be very dangerous since we would need to carry her onto the unstable boat, over the side and down, then sit her on the seat with no support. It’s not like she’s a little preschooler - she’s a 5 foot tall, 85 pound young adult. I also said I realized the DAS holder was supposed to ride, but it was not her fault she couldn’t- it was because the boat was not accessible.
There was another CM standing by who agreed we could not ride. They said they could give us a ‘no wait’ pass for another attraction we could all ride. By that time, it was late in the day and this was supposed to be our last ride of the day; she was ready to leave, so we didn’t do the pass.
you were who I was thinking of when I said it. thanks for the support

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter