Can you stack DAS reservations?

What happens if the DAS rider refuses to ride, right at boarding? Anxiety-ridden 10 year olds aren't predictable; while ToT might seem like a good idea when tapping in, there is no guarantee that said DAS-holder will actually board the vehicle. Can the rest of the group still ride if the DAS boarder "bags out" at the last minute?
While the CMs there might let you ride, if this becomes an issue at many attractions you might lose the DAS because the person the DAS was issued to is supposed to ride. Imagine the abuse of the system if they let the DAS rider not ride? It would be like the GAC days when GAC holders used to hire themselves out for access. If you think the DAS rider is going to do this a lot, it would be wise to purchase genie+ and book the rest of the group through that.

The DAS is for the disabled person. Not for the family. DAS person must ride the ride or no one does
I would agree in almost all cases. I think in a situation like Sue’s family faced, where the DAS holder couldn’t ride due to an issue caused by Disney, the rest of the family should have been able to ride .

That was me.
The wheelchair boats were out of commission.
The CM said we could only ride if our daughter could get out of her wheelchair and get onto the boat without it.
I said that would be very dangerous since we would need to carry her onto the unstable boat, over the side and down, then sit her on the seat with no support. It’s not like she’s a little preschooler - she’s a 5 foot tall, 85 pound young adult. I also said I realized the DAS holder was supposed to ride, but it was not her fault she couldn’t- it was because the regular boat was not accessible.
There was another CM standing by who agreed we could not ride. They said they could give us a ‘no wait’ pass for another attraction we could all ride. By that time, it was late in the day and this was supposed to be our last ride of the day; she was ready to leave, so we didn’t do the pass.
How does DAS work in context with needing to wait for the wheelchair accessible boat to circle around? I'm confused as to why DAS was an issue here when you were in the mobility queue? Last month when we were there the LL/DAS queue and the wheelchair queue were two completely separate areas. I know this because we had a member using a knee scooter and we went in the "wrong" queue. They wanted to put us in the accessible queue, and we didn't need to wait for the wheelchair boat, so we went in the LL queue. Got to the front, and they were mad because the knee scooter had to be moved 5 feet across the completely open dock to the accessible end. So I moved it, problem solved.

How does DAS work in context with needing to wait for the wheelchair accessible boat to circle around? I'm confused as to why DAS was an issue here when you were in the mobility queue? Last month when we were there the LL/DAS queue and the wheelchair queue were two completely separate areas. I know this because we had a member using a knee scooter and we went in the "wrong" queue. They wanted to put us in the accessible queue, and we didn't need to wait for the wheelchair boat, so we went in the LL queue. Got to the front, and they were mad because the knee scooter had to be moved 5 feet across the completely open dock to the accessible end. So I moved it, problem solved.
IIRC, there was no accessible boat, so Sue’s daughter couldn’t ride after they had used the DAS to go through the LL. Since her DD couldn’t ride, and they had used DAS, no one could ride .

IIRC, there was no accessible boat, so Sue’s daughter couldn’t ride after they had used the DAS to go through the LL. Since her DD couldn’t ride, and they had used DAS, no one could ride .
Sorry my question wasn't clear - why would Sue be using DAS when there is a separate queue for the wheelchair boat? Were they pulling people out of the standby queue at a certain point instead of going straight to the accessible queue? When we were there we used DAS and used the LL. There was a separate place to go (not standby, not LL) if you needed the accessible boat. Were they not using the accessible queue? That would be my first indication that there was no wheelchair boat to begin with, BTW.

Sorry my question wasn't clear - why would Sue be using DAS when there is a separate queue for the wheelchair boat? Were they pulling people out of the standby queue at a certain point instead of going straight to the accessible queue? When we were there we used DAS and used the LL. There was a separate place to go (not standby, not LL) if you needed the accessible boat. Were they not using the accessible queue? That would be my first indication that there was no wheelchair boat to begin with, BTW.
Why does it matter? She used the DAS, they screwed up and didn’t have an accessible boat, and the. Wouldn’t let the rest of her family ride. That was wrong, IMO.

Why does it matter? She used the DAS, they screwed up and didn’t have an accessible boat, and the. Wouldn’t let the rest of her family ride. That was wrong, IMO.
Because the story doesn't make sense, because DAS isn't needed to use the wheelchair boat, is it? It wasn't when we were there last month. DAS isn't for mobility issues, and the wheelchair boat is for mobility issues. Why would the CM even know DAS was being used, unless they got into the wrong queue. If they used DAS and got into the DAS queue, they were not in line to use the wheelchair boat. They were in line with DAS access, which is an entirely different thing. They get up to the front of the LL and ask for the wheelchair boat and it's offline. The DAS user has to ride (that's the rule) and since she wasn't, no DAS access. If they had asked for the wheelchair boat access first, then waited, that's different. ETA - unless Sue chimes in with the timeline of it all, I'm done explaining why there's no DAS access without the rider.

Because the story doesn't make sense, because DAS isn't needed to use the wheelchair boat, is it? It wasn't when we were there last month. DAS isn't for mobility issues, and the wheelchair boat is for mobility issues. Why would the CM even know DAS was being used, unless they got into the wrong queue. If they used DAS and got into the DAS queue, they were not in line to use the wheelchair boat. They were in line with DAS access, which is an entirely different thing. They get up to the front of the LL and ask for the wheelchair boat and it's offline. The DAS user has to ride (that's the rule) and since she wasn't, no DAS access. If they had asked for the wheelchair boat access first, then waited, that's different. ETA - unless Sue chimes in with the timeline of it all, I'm done explaining why there's no DAS access without the rider.
You do realize that some people in wheelchairs also need DAS access, right?

Given that Sue’s daughter has been using the system (in various forms) for decades, it seems safe to assume that she was in the « right » line.

Whether that makes sense to you or not.

Because the story doesn't make sense, because DAS isn't needed to use the wheelchair boat, is it?
No but DAS is needed to avoid long queues. The accessible queue often gives "wheelchair return times" which is a set window and expires. Not that it matters but I assume they made the DAS Return Time through the app and were not at the attraction to see no wheelchair boat. Then when they arrived to ride, they learned the wheelchair boat was not available. With a DAS, the party does enter the accessible queue immediately. No reason  Not to use DAS.

Let's get back on topic instead of interrogating why someone used DAS at a specific attraction.

You do realize that there are plenty of people in wheelchairs who also have DAS due to other issues, right?

And while I generally agree that if the DAS user chooses not to ride, no one should ride, I don’t think it should apply when it’s Disney’s fault that a DAS user can’t ride, which it was in this case.

You do realize that there are plenty of people in wheelchairs who also have DAS due to other issues, right?

And while I generally agree that if the DAS user chooses not to ride, no one should ride, I don’t think it should apply when it’s Disney’s fault that a DAS user can’t ride, which it was in this case
Given that Sue’s daughter has been using the system (in various forms) for decades, it seems safe to assume that she was in the « right » line.

Whether that makes sense to you or not.
No but DAS is needed to avoid long queues. The accessible queue often gives "wheelchair return times" which is a set window and expires. Not that it matters but I assume they made the DAS Return Time through the app and were not at the attraction to see no wheelchair boat. Then when they arrived to ride, they learned the wheelchair boat was not available. With a DAS, the party does enter the accessible queue immediately. No reason  Not to use DAS.

Let's get back on topic instead of interrogating why someone used DAS at a specific attraction.
Exactly.
I agree no one should be interrogated why they used DAS at an attraction, but will explain to clear up misconceptions about Jungle Cruise.

DAS is not for mobility related issues since mobility devices can be brought into any attractions/lines without having DAS.
My daughter uses a wheelchair because she has cerebral palsy and can’t walk or stand. That is NOT why she has DAS.
She has other disability related conditions that prevent her from waiting in the regular lines. Those are why she has DAS.

Mobility Access Queue at Jungle Cruise:
- is NOT only for guests using the accessible boat(s). It’s for anyone with a mobility device;
after entering it, there are actually 2 parallel lines.
1) guests with mobility devices who will leave their mobility device on the exit dock and board.
2) guests waiting for the wheelchair boat.

You can’t tell just by looking at the line whether or not the accessible boat is in use - there may be no one in that part of the line waiting for it OR the usual ‘stay in the wheelchair line’ may have guests who will transfer.

Also, the boat is secured more for guests who need to board at the unload area for safety - assumption is guests using mobility devices might be unsteady getting on and off. So, CMs seeming perturbed to have to move a walker down the dock from the regular load area was because it’s not what they want to do for guest safety.

DAS is not needed for access to the mobility part of the queue, so why use it?
- guests without a DAS Return Time are issued a ‘wheelchair return’ time with a time roughly equal to the current standby wait time

- guests with a DAS Return Time are issued a ‘wheelchair return time’ , but the time is ‘now’ and they enter right into the mobility line.

Jungle Cruise has worked this way for wheelchair and disability access for a long time; really since Fastpasses began.
Guest using mobility devices and DAS don’t ever get into the ‘DAS line’. They are stopped before getting into any line and issued a ‘wheelchair return time’. It’s possible a CM might not see a small mobility device like a cane, knee scooter, walker if many guests are getting on at the same time. But, we’ve never been not noticed and stopped.

In all the times we’ve ridden Jungle Cruise since the accessible boats were available, it’s been NOT available maybe one or 2 times.
We’ve run into the accessible vehicle not being available on The Seas and Imagination from time time. Those are low wait times rides, so if others in our group wanted to ride, they would just go into the Standby Line and wait the 5-15 minutes usual for those. Jungle Cruise Standby Line was over an hour.
We were using a DAS Advance Selection for Jungle Cruise. It was our planned last attraction for the day; DD was ready to leave at that point, but she agreed to go on it and then leave (one of the reasons we didn’t accept the offer for a pass for another attraction)

Exactly.
I agree no one should be interrogated why they used DAS at an attraction, but will explain to clear up misconceptions about Jungle Cruise.

DAS is not for mobility related issues since mobility devices can be brought into any attractions/lines without having DAS.
My daughter uses a wheelchair because she has cerebral palsy and can’t walk or stand. That is NOT why she has DAS.
She has other disability related conditions that prevent her from waiting in the regular lines. Those are why she has DAS.

- is NOT only for guests using the accessible boat(s). It’s for anyone with a mobility device;
1) guests with mobility devices who will leave their mobility device on the exit dock and board.

You can’t tell just by looking at the line whether or not the accessible boat is in use - there may be no one in that part of the line waiting for it OR the usual ‘stay in the wheelchair line’ may have guests who will transfer.

Also, the boat is secured more for guests who need to board at the unload area for safety - assumption is guests using mobility devices might be unsteady getting on and off. So, CMs seeming perturbed to have to move a walker down the dock from the regular load area was because it’s not what they want to do for guest safety.

DAS is not needed for access to the mobility part of the queue, so why use it?
- guests without a DAS Return Time are issued a ‘wheelchair return’ time with a time roughly equal to the current standby wait time

- guests with a DAS Return Time are issued a ‘wheelchair return time’ , but the time is ‘now’ and they enter right into the mobility line.

Jungle Cruise has worked this way for wheelchair and disability access for a long time; really since Fastpasses began.
Guest using mobility devices and DAS don’t ever get into the ‘DAS line’. They are stopped before getting into any line and issued a ‘wheelchair return time’. It’s possible a CM might not see a small mobility device like a cane, knee scooter, walker if many guests are getting on at the same time. But, we’ve never been not noticed and stopped.

In all the times we’ve ridden Jungle Cruise since the accessible boats were available, it’s been NOT available maybe one or 2 times.
We’ve run into the accessible vehicle not being available on The Seas and Imagination from time time. Those are low wait times rides, so if others in our group wanted to ride, they would just go into the Standby Line and wait the 5-15 minutes usual for those. Jungle Cruise Standby Line was over an hour.
We were using a DAS Advance Selection for Jungle Cruise. It was our planned last attraction for the day; DD was ready to leave at that point, but she agreed to go on it and then leave (one of the reasons we didn’t accept the offer for a pass for another attraction)
I didn't mean to interrogate, just was very confused as to why there was DAS involved when you don't need DAS to access the accessible boat. Now I'm even more confused - why did they have the accessible boat queue even open if there was no boat?

I didn't mean to interrogate, just was very confused as to why there was DAS involved when you don't need DAS to access the accessible boat. Now I'm even more confused - why did they have the accessible boat queue even open if there was no boat?
Because it’s not a line strictly for waiting for the accessible boat.
As I wrote:

Two other things I’ll add …
Because my daughter is in a wheelchair, when we enter the line, we are asked “Can you transfer?” for the attractions that require a transfer. For those that also have a wheelchair accessible ride vehicle, we are usually asked at the entrance if she will transfer or stay in the wheelchair. For some, like toy story mania, they actually give us a card to show the CM at the point where there are two lines that both avoid the stairs. That card tells them to send us to the wheelchair accessible boarding area instead of just the level one.

For Jungle Cruise, we usually do get a DAS return time because We can do that on the app. Getting a Wheelchair Return time means coming to the attraction and then finding some thing in the area while we wait our time.

Because it’s not a line strictly for waiting for the accessible boat.
As I wrote:

Now I get it! I wasn't seeing that the line was for two different reasons (even if someone already stated that, it wasn't getting through my thick skull) and that they also had people just leaving their mobility device in that area. That's what we did wrong when we were there - I wrongly assumed that section was just for the mobility boat. Thank you for clearing it up, and being patient with me.

Except for the two pre-booked times, you can only have one active return time that is not pre-booked at a time. The return time is good at that time or later. The reservation, to my knowledge, must be completed or cancelled before booking a new return time. This does not apply to the two pre-booked times.

People who qualify and have the DAS pass are still allowed and still have the option to purchase Genie Plus and Lightning Lane reservations individually. DAS and Genie Plus (Lightning Lane) as well as individual Lightning Lane purchases are completely and totally separate and can be used in conjunction with each other. Lightning Lane reservations and DAS reservations do not impact each other. You can have an active Lightning Lane reservation, whether made on Genie Plus or purchased individually, and an active DAS return time at the same time.

Last edited:
Definitely skip genie+ my whole family rode all rides together. With a bigger group or if the DAS holder may want to skip rides, I think you would want it. we tried to plan around our reservations but weren’t very successful. We usually tried to book a new ride as soon as we tapped in.

I am interested in all of these responses saying you don't need Genie+ with DAS. Our trip will be in December is during a busy week (16-24th.) It is our first time using either Genie+ or the new DAS. Hoping we are able to get the DAS, but even if we do I was planning to buy Genie+ only on MK and DHS days. Is that overkill during a busy week? We do like all of the "big" rides.

I am interested in all of these responses saying you don't need Genie+ with DAS. Our trip will be in December is during a busy week (16-24th.) It is our first time using either Genie+ or the new DAS. Hoping we are able to get the DAS, but even if we do I was planning to buy Genie+ only on MK and DHS days. Is that overkill during a busy week? We do like all of the "big" rides.
I think that for MK, Genie+ can be a huge benefit. If you want to get it, then do so and don't worry about what others say. Many here have been to WDW many, many, many times and don't have that same need to do as much as possible because they have done everything and they know that they will be back. So definitely get it if you think that it will be worth it for your family.

Tell us a little more about your trip. How many park days/which ones? When will you arrive/leave and how organized are you? Do you plan to do shows? Eat at sit down restaurants?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter