Candy Cane Inn reopening date?

We are well past the PPP time frame. And PPP (Paycheck Protection Plan) can't be used for something like this. They own the property, so they can take their time and do this remodel properly. I'm sure they want to get the property back up, and are likely having inspection issues.
No, it can't be used for the remodel. But, it may have helped to cover paychecks and other expenses for some time during the closure, thus allowing for a much-needed remodel to begin. No shame in that.

Yes. However, I am not sure if this was because I already had a reservation that was cancelled. It was technically not a “new” reservation. I asked to reschedule my cancelled reservation.

I think you are right. I contacted them this morning and new reservations aren't being accepted at this time, since they don't have a firm reopening date. They are still hoping for mid-July.

No, it can't be used for the remodel. But, it may have helped to cover paychecks and other expenses for some time during the closure, thus allowing for a much-needed remodel to begin. No shame in that.
Absolutely, covering payroll from Mar 2020-Sept 2020 helped. Having done all the paperwork for a PPP, including the forgiveness, it was a major help to the business, but in comparison to what they are doing, I am sure its a drop in the bucket. That said, there were huge SBA loans available to businesses for stuff like this.

Sorry to sound like a broken record but could someone in Anaheim give us an on the ground update of what you are seeing at Candy Cane and the parking lot? Is the pool filled?

Of course don't trespass or anything but updates/pictures would be appreciated. Their FB has been radio silent lately.

Sorry to sound like a broken record but could someone in Anaheim give us an on the ground update of what you are seeing at Candy Cane and the parking lot? Is the pool filled?

Of course don't trespass or anything but updates/pictures would be appreciated. Their FB has been radio silent lately.

I keep checking their social media accounts and nothing. I am also wondering if anyone has been cancelled into August yet. When I contacted them a couple of weeks ago I was told they were still hoping for a mid-July opening, and to check back at the end of May to see if they were scheduling reservations again. I check the website daily to see if they have opened up reservations. Not yet. Good thinking about wondering if the pool is filled yet. I would like to know that, too.

I’m so glad I made a backup reservation for D23 because I am just not confident they will be open by September 7.

I looked on Yelp a few minutes ago to see updates on Candy Cane Inn's reopening and Yelp still doesn't mention anything about renovations or closure of Candy Cane Inn. What I think is happening with Candy Cane Inn that is playing a factor in why they are taking so long to open is I think the owners of Candy Cane Inn are planning to close it for good and probably will get new ownership and a name change when the hotel reopens. Because when hotels have long remodeling or renovation periods this is a sign that the hotel/motel will be sold or maybe the owners are retiring. I saw pictures of the rooms of Candy Cane Inn and they look pretty cute and the beds look like something out of a fairy tale like a bed that Goldilocks might sleep in the fairy tale The Three Bears. But they have done an impressive job with Candy Cane Inn and I hope the owners don't close it for good or get new ownership that will change the name because it will go downhill. When my family would go to Disneyland my mom was always curious about Candy Cane Inn and she thought the name was cute and she wanted to stay there because she thought they would give you candy canes with your stay and I told her they really did that there. When did Candy Cane Inn open? My guess says it was around 1987/88
Dodger

We drove past yesterday and it looks like it is in full renovation mode. I was actually surprised at how 'not done" it looked, scaffolding up everywhere etc. I am excited to see the finished product because it looks like they are putting in a lot of work!
Thanks for an udpate, yeah this doesn't sound good, I don't know why they kept thinking they were close.

We drove past yesterday and it looks like it is in full renovation mode. I was actually surprised at how 'not done" it looked, scaffolding up everywhere etc. I am excited to see the finished product because it looks like they are putting in a lot of work!

Thanks for the update! Holy smokes - I wonder when it’ll be finished

I checked their FB page yesterday - hadn't done so in a while. The latest as of 2 weeks ago: "Fingers crossed for August, we should have a confirmed date really soon." Anyone remember the overuse of that word back in the day of closures and supposed reopenings? "SOON." 😄

Still hoping to stay there, checking in on Sep 1st for 3 nights....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter