Can't go on anymore

Shelly F - Ohio

Disney Extraordinaire
My husband's company was taken over by the FDIC last Friday and we are left wondering what will happen to the employees. He still has a job for now. I only work part time and looking for a full time job - no luck.
I just feel I can not go through this. About 8 years ago we went throught this we both lost our jobs and I cried and cried everyday.
Last night I just had a strong urge to throw in the towel. Why be alive to witness/deal with all this again.
Why us.

I'm so sorry this has happened to you. It is a VERY tough economy out there and so many people are going through this. I can only imagine how stressful this is for.

What are your options for future employment. I assume from your profile that you are from Ohio? That is a pretty depressed area economically. Are you or your husband in a profession that you could relocate?

Unfortunately moving is not an option. With the economy we would not be able to sell our home. Two homes on our street have been on the market along time and have not sold.
My husband is a computer programmer so I hope he would not have a problem finding another job. But how secure will that job be since he would
be low man on the totem pole. Would he make what he is making now?

It hurts to be home alone and all I think about it what will happen now.

I've been privy to some of those FDIC closings before the employees are... it's hard to sit here when those folks don't know what's coming, and it's hard sometimes to support a government hiding its activities from its own people. I have to believe in my heart it's for the greater good - but it's a crappy time to be in this industry. lots and lots of changes make tomorrow very uncertain.

If he's still working at a bank that's gone through that then he's lucky, most of the time that doesn't happen. I'm just trying to save my cash and pay off my debts before the inevitable.

Yes he is still working at a bank and still a lot of uncertainty. We at least have very little debt and money in the bank. I just long for some security some stability.

I hate the fact I have to deal with this at the holiday time when I should be happy and excited & I can't be.

Not to mention the weather is crappy so I can't go outside and focus on something to keep my mind off of all this.
Can't sleep at night or sleep very little. Currently I have been up since
1:00 a.m.

It will be one year tomorrow that I was let go from my job. I was out of work for 4 months before the company hired me back in another position. I still feel bad about it and am having panic attacks just thinking about the date on the calendar tomorrow.

But you will get through this. Worry about the things you can control, and don't worry about things that are out of your hands, like what will happen to your husband's job. When a decision comes, one way or another, you will deal with it together.

Best of luck to you!

Hang in there. I know it's tough right now. My husband was laid off right after Christmas last year. I took a few months, but he finally found a new job. We had a severance package to get us through, but he took such a paycut. We are really feeling it right now at the holidays. I need new tires, I have to pay for my last semester of college next month, and my washing machine just broke. We have gone through our savings and I'm not working right now. It is extremely stressful. I realize I'm rambling, but I wanted you to know that you're not alone. Sometimes that helps me to know that.

Everyone thank you for your support. It's hard coping when there is so much uncertainty. What in store for us.
I don't feel like celebrating the holiday's. It's hard to be happy when on the inside you are not!

I am sorry you are dealing with this. I have been through several layoffs and I can say they aren't any fun. Try to take life moments at a time if you have too. Talk to someone who can help you deal with this.

Please keep posting here. It really does help to get it out. I will keep you in my prayers.

Thank you safetymom.
I need all the prayers you can spare.

I am sorry you are dealing with this. I have been through several layoffs and I can say they aren't any fun. Try to take life moments at a time if you have too. Talk to someone who can help you deal with this.

Please keep posting here. It really does help to get it out. I will keep you in my prayers.

Gosh it will be at least 3 weeks before he know if the other bank will hire him on. The new bank is not sure they will keep his department. Until then we wait and wait. How will I get through the holiday's?

Just wanted to say good luck, I know how hard it is. I hope the other bank keeps your hubby.

My husband and I work in banks and things are so bad there that they needed me to work for them, but they couldn't even hire me back so right now I've been working there for 3 months as a temp and I hate it. Yesterday was supposed to be my last day and then my old boss asked his boss if I could come in for one more week because the OTS examiners are coming next week and they want to make sure everything is ship shape. I really wanted to tell him no because of the way that I've been treated by my new boss.

My husband doesn't know how long it'll be before they let more people go, maybe including him. They already got rid of pensions and weeks of vacation.

What bank do you and your hubby work at?
Today they found out the new bank has hired them on and their years of service gets to carry over but they are not sure if they will keep the dept my husband works in which is mortgage IT. So please say a prayer for us.

Just wanted to say good luck, I know how hard it is. I hope the other bank keeps your hubby.

My husband and I work in banks and things are so bad there that they needed me to work for them, but they couldn't even hire me back so right now I've been working there for 3 months as a temp and I hate it. Yesterday was supposed to be my last day and then my old boss asked his boss if I could come in for one more week because the OTS examiners are coming next week and they want to make sure everything is ship shape. I really wanted to tell him no because of the way that I've been treated by my new boss.

My husband doesn't know how long it'll be before they let more people go, maybe including him. They already got rid of pensions and weeks of vacation.

He still has a job for now. I only work part time and looking for a full time job

My husband is a computer programmer so I hope he would not have a problem finding another job.

We at least have very little debt and money in the bank.

Today they found out the new bank has hired them on and their years of service gets to carry over

Hang in there! Everything will be OK in the end. I know it's easy for me to say and much harder for you to think! But look at all the positive things you said in your posts. Many, Many other people can't say those things about their life....Hang in there! Stay Strong! You're going to be OK in a little while!

:hug:You WILL be able to get through it ok, really. I know it's hard. DH has been through 2 layoffs, one being right before Christmas. Please don't let it ruin your holidays. It is a great time to learn the spirit and love surrounding this time of year. It's what matters most, and no one can take that away from you. Find little things each day to be thankful for, even if it is just the sun shining, or a smile on someone's face. It's ok to be scared, just don't let it take over everything and take one day at a time. :hug:

Shelly I've so sorry you're dealing with this right now. No time is a good time, but it's particularly horrible around the holidays. You can and you will get through this. Don't give up. :hug:

What bank do you and your hubby work at?
Today they found out the new bank has hired them on and their years of service gets to carry over but they are not sure if they will keep the dept my husband works in which is mortgage IT. So please say a prayer for us.

It's just a local bank that you never heard of. They only have 3 branches.

Hope they keep your hubby! It sounds promising so far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter