Can't go on anymore

Shelly, I'm so excited to see your good news. I think about you frequently and often come back to check the thread to see how things are going.

Glad to hear things have turned around for you.:goodvibes

You had a lot of people on the dis very scared by what you wrote earlier today :scared1:

If you ever feel like that again, please call someone, like a family member or a crisis hotline.:goodvibes

Please go back to my post #31 and read my good news!

Thanks everyone for your thoughts, kind words and prayers. Now read about my good news.

Actually I have been volunteering at the hospital for the past couple weeks and love it.

:thumbsup2
That is wonderful! So happy things are looking up for you.
To be honest you had me (and I'm sure others) really worried.

Think of this as a new beginning and it will start with you staying at a hotel by yourself for the first time. :hug:

Shelly, so glad things are turning around for you. Don't be nervous or scared, think of this as an adventure. What's that old saying: Things always seem darkest before the dawn? WELL HELLO MORNING! The long night is over. :woohoo: :dance3: :cheer2:

Well as it turns out this job was not for me.

First off I had to go to another location for 4 days to be trained and it was 90 miles one way - AKA a 3 hour a day commute! While I was in training they would pay me for a 10 hour work day but I only had to work 8 hours. I live in northern Ohio and we can get a lot of snow so that can really make a 90 mile commute difficult. So rather than commute in the snow I was planning on staying at a hotel at my own expense. I did this for one day till I found out what all was involved with this job and I realized there was no way I could do this.

There were a lot of things not disclosed during the interview. I was only told that I would making appt's with customer to gain access to their gas meter.

The company is installing automatic meter reading devises to gas meters and I had to make appt's with customers so we could gain access to their home to do the install.
After the service man installed the device on the meter, they would take a picture of the meter. Every day I would be expected to look at 900 pictures of gas meters to make sure the readings on the meter matched the readings on the report.

I knew that it would take me forever to look at 900 meters and read them. And you had to finish it by the end of the day no exceptions. Then you got a new set of 900 photo's in the morning to look at. Oh and it would be my responsiblity to upload the pictures from 30 different camera's. This had to be done ASAP in the morning so that when the service person arrived they could pick up their camera.

I also was expected to run reports of the appts for each service person and have these reports ready by the start of their shift at 8:00 a.m. and there are 30 service people. So the reports need run and camera need uploaded by 8:00 a.m. and my start time was 7:30.

I was expected to handle all HR aspects such as processing all of the new hire paperwork as well as those who got fired-they have a high rate of turn over so the hire/fire process is a weekly occurance. I had to send new hires for drug test and physicals, run the random drug screen report before 8:00 a.m so I could send the employee who appeared on the report for his/her random test as soon as they reported to work.
Print off time cards for everyone. Time cards had to be done one by one because I had to enter their personal information on their sheet such as employee ID, Dept, and name, date and pay period.

Keeping track of truck audits and making sure trucks where taking in for oil changes and other routine maintenance.

Way too much for me to handle all by myself. The office I was sent to train at, had 5 administrative assistants yet the office I would be working at had just one AA-ME.
Plus they told me when I interviewed that this was a contract job and it would last for 2 years. Then I would be right back to job hunting anyway.

So I am back to looking for a job

Sounds like a lot of work for one day for one person especially when you are still new and need to find your own routines, etc.

Hang in there and good luck. You will find the one for you. They are cutting everywhere but expect the same work, if not more and more efficient too. :scared1:

You are right Anna. How could they expect someone brand new to handle all of this is beyond me. I was so stressed about all of this.

I really thought this would going to be a good thing.

The new office that I would have been working at hired 15 service guys and after their first day of training 2 never returned from lunch and 3 quit the next day.

You are right Anna. How could they expect someone brand new to handle all of this is beyond me. I was so stressed about all of this.

I really thought this would going to be a good thing.

The new office that I would have been working at hired 15 service guys and after their first day of training 2 never returned from lunch and 3 quit the next day.

I'm sorry the job didnt work out but from the sounds of it, it may be a blessing. That company doesn't sound like the best place to work. ;)

I'm sorry the job didn't work out for you~
Keep at it, sometimes it takes a few tries to find a good fit! Something good will come your way in time! :hug:

DH said to take a month off from job hunting. He is such a sweet heart.

He said he commended me for being such a trooper. I was commuting 3 hours a day, trying to learn a new job and thinking this job is not what I was expecting. All the while I am sick with some creepy cruddy coodies. AKA a head/chest cold. I don't know how I managed to travel the turnpike and stay focused while my mind was going a 100 mph and I felt like crap. But I did it.

Now I can work on getting myself better.

Hi Shelly,
Sorry the job didn't work out, your hubby sounds very understanding.
Take care of yourself and I hope you are feeling better soon.

Hugs
Quasar

OMG I need a friend so badly.
The only person who knows what has happened about the job situation is my DH and you guys. I am too embarrassed to tell any friends of family. I need someone to lean on right now. I sit here all alone and cry. I have no one to lean on when my DH is sleeping or at work. I am all alone. For the past week I have felt so lost so alone...
I had two errands to run today and I could not wait to get back home. Once home I started cleaning to keep me occupied until DH got home. I am sitting here listen to my cat snore and wishing he was able to understand what I am going through and would console me.

Hi Shelly, so sorry to hear you are down :( We all have good and bad days here and there. Have your moment and think of the positive things and snap out of it. Start enjoying the outside weather some. Spring is in the air here.

We have gone through a few rough patches and depressing moments here - well me mostly I worry too much about everything - mostly because of medical reasons. It does get better and it will pass. Down the road you will realize we really should not have worked ourselves up over it too much.

I am Catholic and without getting into religion here - I have started to go to mass 2/3 times a week. I would probably go more but schedule does not always allow it. I don't talk to my priest or anyone but it has helped me and I keep going. I don't want to go only when I need him.

Do any of your friends need to know what happened? Do you want them to know what happened?

You really know your situation - you can come here anytime but if you think you might need preofessional help, please talk to someone - your husband, a family member, etc.

Hi Anna,
I made it through the sleepless night. And feel a tad bit better. How can I not feel a bit better the sun is out and it is suppose to be near 70 degrees today! Too bad I am so tired from not sleeping.

I don't want my family/friends to find out that I am not working. It is tough dealing with this much less having to talk about it and rehash it. I am embarassed about it.

I do have one friend in New York who knows about it and he too is recently unemployed. So we chat about it and our job hunting at least twice a week.

Looking into maybe taking a class to sharpen my skills.

It is so much better to deal with this in the daylight. Night time makes it seem so much worse. I feel like I am in a black hole.

Well got showered and dressed earlier with the intent to enjoy this day but that was short lived. I broke down and cryed and ruined what little of a good mood I had. It could be that I did not fall asleep until 4:30 in the morning to only be awakened at 6:30. I feel sluggish and have a headache which I am trying to cure with caffiene.

:hug:, we have all been here at one point, things will get better,

:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter