Can't go on anymore

As someone who has been in your shoes, I understand how difficult times like this seem. This too shall pass...

You and your family will be in my prayers. :grouphug:

I feel so lost. I feel like there is more I should be doing. I feel like I am not doing enough. I have all this pent up anxiety right now.

Just keep breathing. Take is slow. Your head is probably racing. Take it hour by hour and try to remain calm. I can and it will all work out. Not sure if you're a religious person, but try prayer. Or meditation. Or just deep breathing when you start to feel anxious. :hug: Maybe you have a friend or relative you could call, just to let it all out? If not, vent away here, but please take care of yourself.

Hang in there. My husband lost his job as a computer programmer 3 years ago. He has worked in the same job/company for over 20 years. He was in his mid 40's and 2 yrs away from being able to retire with full bens if neccessary. We had 3 kids approaching grad from hs. + a toddler. HANG IN THERE!

My dh took a part-time job as at a family owned retailer, he becme full time and now we are finally able to make ends meet again. We are starting to get caught up on bills. Things in life are always changing, sometimes even for the better.

you'll be in my prayers.

Well we got a bit of good news. they are keeping my husband dept. Although the new company has no experience in the wholesale mortgage dept they have decided to give it a try. They began accepting new loans last Friday and had 30 new applications.
But I am still leary because this is all new to them and they could still decide to disolve that operation.
So for now we have a temporary band-aid to the problem.

It will probably take them a year or so to figure out they can't hang. Save your cash and polish the resume.

Glad to hear the good news Shelly. It might be temporary, but it's better than the alternative. At least this gives you time to try to prepare if he should lose his job in the future. This could also be a fantastic opportunity for him to move up in the ranks of the new company too.

Glad to hear the good news about your husband's job situation. May 2010 be a prosperous year for you and your family.

Hi Shelly,
It must be good to get some positive news and it will give your family more time to get things in order.
Hope you are feeling a little better and wishing you the best for the future.

Hugs
Quasar

Things are not rosey. At several points this afternoon I just wanted to stream and shout.. Not having a job and feeling like I am not worthwhile is a really getcha downer. Thankfully I had my kitties to keep me company even though one is asleep by myside.

**** Update things have taking a turn for the good. I interviewed at a place I use to work at but was let go 10 years ago when they downsized. Well they told me they would be getting back with me either last Fri or Monday at the latest. Well as the day wore on and no phone call I began to think this is just not going to happen. This would a job I dearly loved and want so much to go back to.. Well low and behold the call me at 5:00 p.m nothing like waiting till the last minute to offer me the job.

The bad part is I start in 2 days! Then next week I have to commute 90 miles which is will be an hour and a half away from home to do some training or I will have to stay at a hotel at my own expense. I have never done that by myself YIKES. So I have to get myself packed and ready to go and to take time to think about what has just happened. Things are moving fast and I am one who likes to ponder things.

Say a prayer for me!

Shelly....Please! go find someone to be able to talk with, there are many people that can help you and understand the way you feel. It WILL be ok! Things WILL get better. I'm sure there are many people that love you and care about you. Even when you have moments where you feel life is darkest, the sun will always find you.
*I* care about you and know many on here are caring about you too...
go talk to your DH or someone who can help you...
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Shelly...you remind me of a friend in college....strangely enough, her name is also Shelly (but with an extra "e")...

You will get through this. If you feel you can't, reach out to friends and family...if you don't have them, reach out to a help line or counselor. Many people have been where you are, and risen above it.

Shelley,

Please reach out to someone...like previous posters stated.

You will get through this. Many people are very concerned, including myself.

You have people that love you and care about you.

Please call someone:hug:

:hug: You are not worthless. As others have said....pleaseseek help. Whether it be a crisis hotline, counselor, or clergy, there are people out there that you can talk to.
Have you thought of volunteering. There are so many organizations out there that would love to have you help them. It is vewry rewarding and uplifting as well as being good for self esteem.

Please post back so we know you re okay. You have people here that care about you. :hug:

Please go back to my post #31 and read my good news!

Thanks everyone for your thoughts, kind words and prayers. Now read about my good news.

Actually I have been volunteering at the hospital for the past couple weeks and love it.

:hug: You are not worthless. As others have said....pleaseseek help. Whether it be a crisis hotline, counselor, or clergy, there are people out there that you can talk to.
Have you thought of volunteering. There are so many organizations out there that would love to have you help them. It is vewry rewarding and uplifting as well as being good for self esteem.

Please post back so we know you re okay. You have people here that care about you. :hug:

Funny that you say that because my name is misspelled on my birth cert. and is suppose to be Shelley

Shelly...you remind me of a friend in college....strangely enough, her name is also Shelly (but with an extra "e")...

You will get through this. If you feel you can't, reach out to friends and family...if you don't have them, reach out to a help line or counselor. Many people have been where you are, and risen above it.

:yay: Congratulations on the job :yay:

What wonderful news, thanks for sharing.
Have a great time at the training course and best wishes for the future.:hug::hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter