Can't We Just Travel by Map? Oct 2013 PTR

Connie, you and your family are just so inspiring. I just love the idea of even birthdays at home. Might have to start that tradition myself. And those banners are so fun! What a great weekend!

So glad Brian's stone is gone. Hopefully they can try something different with the anethesia this time around??

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Did she have the best birthday ever?!?! YAY on the GC!
The pictures the kids did were awesome! I think that is just too sweet of all of them to pitch in.
LOVE mickey on the pumpkin! Fall is my favorite too!!!
Ohhh that cake. it sounds like HEAVEN!

i hope everything is better! :hug: How much longer??? I want to get on this cruise trip!

Not too much longer before vacation... I know what you mean about wanting to move on to the cruise part of the reporting! I have to keep reminding myself that we have a fun vacation coming up VERY SOON. I have had to refrain from buying stuff for the cruise already since we have THIS vacation to fund first! :rotfl2:

Happy Birthday Jillian!!! I hoep you had an amazing day!!!

ROFL about pressuring Ariana to win another bag... It went in the mail today - so it worked. LOL

Love your fall decorations! I may have to truck over to CVS too... Like I need any more of anything in my house though...

Mmm... the lasagna and the cake look TDF!!!!!!!!!! I could go for some cake... It's too bad that I am still dieting.

YOur trip is really getting CLOSE!@!!!! YAY!!!

D~

Well, I have a confession to make: I am dieting too...but I don't diet on the weekends. :rolleyes1

Our trip is VERY close...keep scrolling to find out just how close! :thumbsup2

Waiting at the airport for my plane home . :( I miss my Mamma already. Between her and you pressuring me on the bag, I had no choice but to win it! LOL. I read through the posts but the pictures are too small on my phone. I need to go back and read them on a bigger screen when I get home. Then I can comment properly! For now I'll just say Happy Birthday Jillian!!

I feel your pain on missing your Mom...my mom lives seven hours away. We only see each other about 5-7 times a year, and only weekend trips...NOT ENOUGH! I am so excited to get to spend a whole week with her on vacation! :cool1:

Connie, you and your family are just so inspiring. I just love the idea of even birthdays at home. Might have to start that tradition myself. And those banners are so fun! What a great weekend!

So glad Brian's stone is gone. Hopefully they can try something different with the anethesia this time around??

I love that tradition too. It makes the kids so much more appreciative of the friend parties too...less entitlement involved in the planning. ::yes:: The every other year friend party tradition was actually started by my parents, it is how we always did it growing up. I liked it, so I passed it on to my kids. :goodvibes

BUT~ Jillian has already announced that she wants to break with tradition next year! :scared1: She wants another family birthday for her 15th birthday....so that she can have a big Sweet Sixteen party with friends! :faint:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First of all...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY PRECIOUS JILLYBEAN!!! Want to know what she is most excited about? She gets to open a Facebook account today! Yep, we have not let her have one before now. She is ECSTATIC to open it tonight! :rotfl:

Second of all... 10 DAYS TIL VACATION!!!!!!!! :cool1: :hyper: :banana: :dance3:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:cool1: :dance3: :yay: :woohoo: :banana: :worship: :cool1:

I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Happy birthday Jillian!!!
:cake:party::bday:

What a beautiful birthday for Jillian! Send her wishes from Texas! Disney GC's, chocolate cake, homemade lasagna, what else could a girl ask for?

I am joining in on your anticipation, your VACATION is almost here! WOO HOO!

Finally had a minute to go back and re-read the posts so I could see the pictures.

I almost bought that Mickey pumpkin insert but then I remembered that I don't really decorate for fall or halloween. :lmao: I usually just put a wreath on the door. This year I went all out and bought a scarecrow from Walmart to put in the front yard.

It looks like a really nice birthday party for Jillian. Everytime I read an update in your PTR I end up starving because of all the good food!

I was going to say congratuations on only 10 days but I think you are at 8 now! Single Digit Dance! :cool1::dancer:party::jumping2:

Hey everybody! Just a quick check in before quitting time for the weekend. I have just two things to say:

I will be in Florida one week from this very minute!!!!!!!!!! :cool1:

We have a very busy weekend ahead of us getting ready for vacation. We need to mow the yard, wash and clean out the car, get groceries for the short week and snacks for the road trip, one last round of laundry before starting the packing, AND....

Our last movie night before vacation is tomorrow night!! :banana: But don't worry...I have another year's worth of movie night ideas already cued up for our cruise countdown! :thumbsup2

Have a wonderful weekend ! The last week before Disney is both so exciting and stressful !! Enjoy your movie night ! :thumbsup2

4 DAYS AND COUNTING!!! pixiedust:

We had SUCH a busy weekend.! :crazy2: And this week is going to be incredibly busy too! :faint: But, that is fine with me...it just means the week will pass in a blur and we will be on the road in no time! :drive:

What did we do over the weekend? :scratchin

* Cleaned the car inside and out
* Gave the house a good scrub before vacation
* Mowed the yard
* Attended a Block Party hosted by Brian's parents
* Prepped browned ground beef, shredded chicken, and homemade meatballs for dinners this week
* Did the mother lode of laundry
* Finally started packing

Oh, and one more thing... MOVIE NIGHT!

As you know, decorating was a challenge after Lion King. I didn't do too much decorating, but it was still cute.

Food was yummy! Mowgli's Mango Chicken and Kaa Breadsticks:

Baloo's (Blurry) Berries and Cream:

Barrel of Monkeys was fun! Brian went first, and we knew right away he would be the winner, with a chain of 7 monkeys:

My camera was being a real PITA, so I was unable to get a picture of Gabe doing it. Here are the girls:

I surprised myself and ended up with a chain of five...

While we watched the movie we ate some of King Louie's delicious Banana Cream Pie:

And FINALLY, the movie I have been waiting for~ the movie I bought decorations for over a year ago~ our next movie night is....

4 more days!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOO_HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am soooooo excited for you!!!!! I can't believe it is here - you all deserve this so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all - Connie - you look FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

Secondly.... LOVE the meal - as usual - you always do the BEST movie theme nights!!!!

I will be thinking of you all this week - I hope you will do some live updates for us on FB???? Pullleeeezzzzeeeee......

And I cannot wait to see your next movie night... which hopefully will be an installment in your TR???? Right????

And the moving right back into a PTR... Right?????

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

D~

How did this come up so fast?! Yay...so excited for you. It is going to be a great trip!

That meal looks fabulous! The mango chicken and so cute...the breadsticks :)

Yes. Totally agree with D....would love to see live updates on FB!

i agree with the two above and NEED updates!!! It's finally around the corner to get on this CRUISE!!! WOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO

hey i have an idea! I HAVE ALL THE decorations for a luau you should come over for the movie night! :lmao: I'll decorate you cook???
Seriously you are like a master Chef!!! everything looks A-MAZ-ING!

OMG so much fun ! Banana cream pie is one of my favorite desserts. :thumbsup2

It was delicious! It was a new sort of recipe that called for a bit of cream cheese...YUM!

4 more days!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOO_HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am soooooo excited for you!!!!! I can't believe it is here - you all deserve this so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all - Connie - you look FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

Secondly.... LOVE the meal - as usual - you always do the BEST movie theme nights!!!!

I will be thinking of you all this week - I hope you will do some live updates for us on FB???? Pullleeeezzzzeeeee......

And I cannot wait to see your next movie night... which hopefully will be an installment in your TR???? Right????

And the moving right back into a PTR... Right?????

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

D~

Thank you, D~! Getting in shape is TOUGH STUFF! I have been working out with a group of friends every Monday and Tuesday night...and it has proved to be a reminder that this old body "ain't what is used to be"! :crazy2: Just going to keep at it..I have some dresses to fit into for the cruise! :thumbsup2

See further down the post for answer to live update request...

How did this come up so fast?! Yay...so excited for you. It is going to be a great trip!

That meal looks fabulous! The mango chicken and so cute...the breadsticks :)

Yes. Totally agree with D....would love to see live updates on FB!

If finally feels like it is coming fast... but, you know Daisy girl has been making her way across the happy sky for over a year now on my ticker. Thought it would NEVER come! :hourglass SO EXCITED NOW...that I haven't been able to sleep all week...and it is an extremely busy week. :sad2: Every morning when we wake up exhausted we tell each other "just X more days!" :cool1:

i agree with the two above and NEED updates!!! It's finally around the corner to get on this CRUISE!!! WOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO

hey i have an idea! I HAVE ALL THE decorations for a luau you should come over for the movie night! :lmao: I'll decorate you cook???
Seriously you are like a master Chef!!! everything looks A-MAZ-ING!

Well, I bought luau decorations at the dollar store LAST SUMMER (as in summer 2012) in anticipation of this movie night...so glad it finally go pulled! :goodvibes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay everyone...so on the live updates, I am torn. :guilty: We are trying to teach Jillian things about FB to protect herself. Just last night we had the conversation with her about NOT putting on FB that we would be leaving for vacation. About how we should not advertise that our house will be empty for a week. So, I feel like I SHOULDN'T do the live updates on FB. Sorry! But I promise I will try to put something here on the Dis from time to time. :goodvibes

And now....

3 MORE DAYS!!!! pixiedust: :dance3: :cheer2:

Yea for three more days!! I'm still at my work conference so I haven't read the previous updates. Just wanted to stop in and say make sure you wave as you drive though GA!

Awww.... Totally understand...

You can do it by private message... :whistle:

3DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOT!!!!!

D~

Okay...here is an idea: If you want live updates, PM me your phone number and I will send picture messages while we are there! :thumbsup2 I have info for a few of you already (you know who you are).

So close now! As always loving the movie nights! You rock doing them so close to the trip. I closed up shop a month ago!

Life has been soooooo busy for me this last month that I have gotten way behind.......oh well, I am slowly catching up (even though I really should be cleaning the house :lmao:)

I knew it, barrel of monkeys! I love that game

I am sooooo excited for you....3 days will fly by!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter