Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone know which village the special rooms for hearing impairments are located in?

I tried calling about the wheelchair acc rooms. They told me they didn't know. Now after hearing on here that you can't actually call a resort, I understand why they said they didn't know.

Touringplans.com you can search by room type. But for some reason they don't have the info for Caribbean beach. They had the info I wanted for POP though. Not sure why not at Caribbean beach? I also emailed touring plans and they didn't have any other info.

I did find this site. It still didn't have the info I needed, but thought it might be helpful to you.
http://www.diz-abled.com

Can you see fireworks from any of the rooms? I know room requests are never guaranteed but would be a nice bit of pixie dust if DW and I could watch some fireworks after we put the kids to bed.

I've seen a few older posts with DDP-eligible snacks at CBR, but was wondering if those who have been recently could share what's currently on the menu? I'm trying to maximize our free dining for our upcoming December trip and hoping to use our snack credits for as many breakfasts as possible.

Thanks!! :goodvibes

I tried calling about the wheelchair acc rooms. They told me they didn't know. Now after hearing on here that you can't actually call a resort, I understand why they said they didn't know. Touringplans.com you can search by room type. But for some reason they don't have the info for Caribbean beach. They had the info I wanted for POP though. Not sure why not at Caribbean beach? I also emailed touring plans and they didn't have any other info. I did find this site. It still didn't have the info I needed, but thought it might be helpful to you. http://www.diz-abled.com

Could you fax or email the resort? I know calling is out, but maybe they can call you back if you provide your number in the message.

heathjh said:
I tried calling about the wheelchair acc rooms. They told me they didn't know. Now after hearing on here that you can't actually call a resort, I understand why they said they didn't know.

Touringplans.com you can search by room type. But for some reason they don't have the info for Caribbean beach. They had the info I wanted for POP though. Not sure why not at Caribbean beach? I also emailed touring plans and they didn't have any other info.

I did find this site. It still didn't have the info I needed, but thought it might be helpful to you.
http://www.diz-abled.com

What do you need to know?

I tried calling about the wheelchair acc rooms. They told me they didn't know. Now after hearing on here that you can't actually call a resort, I understand why they said they didn't know. Touringplans.com you can search by room type. But for some reason they don't have the info for Caribbean beach. They had the info I wanted for POP though. Not sure why not at Caribbean beach? I also emailed touring plans and they didn't have any other info. I did find this site. It still didn't have the info I needed, but thought it might be helpful to you. http://www.diz-abled.com
While on touring plans I searched king bed rooms and I know they had accessible King rooms in one of the Martinique buildings - do a King bed search and I believe 2 or 3 rooms will show in Martinique - check them out they should be accessible

CBR laundry, do the machines still take quarters? They did in October, but read somewhere that some resorts are moving to key card for room charge.

I'm playing around with the Touring Plans room finder tool. Anyone know if this thing is accurate? I'm searching King rooms (we have standard King booked) and I'm surprised at the very few it is showing! It's showing no King rooms in Jamaica 45 - is that accurate?

nkereina said:
I'm playing around with the Touring Plans room finder tool. Anyone know if this thing is accurate? I'm searching King rooms (we have standard King booked) and I'm surprised at the very few it is showing! It's showing no King rooms in Jamaica 45 - is that accurate?

My parents have had a king in Jamaica 45 our last 2 trips.

CBR laundry, do the machines still take quarters? They did in October, but read somewhere that some resorts are moving to key card for room charge.

I was wondering the same thing. The last several times we went to Disney, The Change machines were out, so I was happy that I had packed enough Change to do several loads. I also have to bring my own Detergent because I've never seen the Perfume Free kind there.

ShannonMB said:
I was just looking at restaurant stuff on the WDW website and thought I would look up Shutters at CBR since we've not been in there. The caption under one of the pics indicated that it is a great place from which to watch IllumiNations ("outdoors after dinner, or during dinner if luck allows"). We have stayed at CBR one other time before our upcoming trip, but I had no idea CBR outside Old Port Royale was a decent place to watch IllumiNations. Anyone have any details on this? Is it a decent view? Could one begin to hope the music is piped in somewhere?

We are here now and were able to see two different park fireworks a night or two ago. One you could see over the villages of Barbados and Aruba. The others were on the other side of old port royale. We saw those from the promenade outside of aruba.

mickeystoontown said:
We are here now and were able to see two different park fireworks a night or two ago. One you could see over the villages of Barbados and Aruba. The others were on the other side of old port royale. We saw those from the promenade outside of aruba.

Oops quoted the wrong poster earlier. For the person asking about snacks, a lot of the items in the grab n go station are snack credits and there is a nice selection to choose from. I didn't think to take pictures but will try to remember to take my camera when I go back to the food court.

There was toll work going on in Jamaica 41 this morning but they have all gone home for the day it looks like. I walked through building 42 to see if I could see over in the building 41 rooms. Couldn't see much but I can tell that the light fixtures are different. There are white grate looking things propped against the windows. Not sure what they are but they ate in almost every room that I saw.

My husband has laughed so hard at me every time I go by to sneak a peek. He says I I am going to get approached by the security guard and go to Disney jail all because of the disboards.

Stupid smartphone is autocorrecting words that it shouldn't and won't let me grab the correct quotes. I just walked down to the laundry and the machines still take quarters and there is a change machine in the room.

Oops quoted the wrong poster earlier. For the person asking about snacks, a lot of the items in the grab n go station are snack credits and there is a nice selection to choose from. I didn't think to take pictures but will try to remember to take my camera when I go back to the food court.

There was toll work going on in Jamaica 41 this morning but they have all gone home for the day it looks like. I walked through building 42 to see if I could see over in the building 41 rooms. Couldn't see much but I can tell that the light fixtures are different. There are white grate looking things propped against the windows. Not sure what they are but they ate in almost every room that I saw.

My husband has laughed so hard at me every time I go by to sneak a peek. He says I I am going to get approached by the security guard and go to Disney jail all because of the disboards.

LOL! Let me out! They made me do it!
Seriously, I wonder what Disney jail is like.

We will be staying at CBR for the fifth time in October. This is our favorite resort, can anyone tell me with all the refurb talk, if they are putting in Queen beds? If this was already posted, sorry!
Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter