Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoot I was just over there and saw the sign. I know that it closed at 11 p.m. but can't remember opening

I wish it closed later or had an after hours refill station. We often got back from the parks at midnight and couldn't refill our cups before going to bed :(

I'm pretty sure, 6:30.

Does it only serve the grab and go stuff that early or proper cooked food?

DH and I are thinking about booking a long weekend in Dec. I'm hesitant to stay at CBR, please give me some reasons why we should.

Maybe start by reading this thread from the beginning. Also if you are already hesitant why not just chose a resort that you are more comfortable?

Having a great time! My husband who has been in construction for years said they have to keep people out for liability insurance purposes. I can understand the need to keep people out of your way so you can work. My husband said it is absolutely frustrating having clients or others right on your heels when you ate trying to work.

Going to the food court in a bit and stopping at concierge desk for hoop tickets. Will see that if anything they will tell me.

So glad you guys are haveing a great time! Don't forget to try the lava smoothie at the pool bar. They are yummy!!!!

DH and I are thinking about booking a long weekend in Dec. I'm hesitant to stay at CBR, please give me some reasons why we should.

Largest rooms of the moderates
Best feature pool
Every village has it's own bus stop and quiet pool so you're never far from one
Great food court
Most laid back relaxed atmosphere
Laying in a hammock on the beach, drink in hand watching the higher fireworks of illuminations
Gorgeous landscaping
Never feels crowded even at capacity

Those are some the reasons CBR is our favorite moderate by far.

sorry dansdad. we love CBR, but we think the Maya pool at CSR is better than the feature pool at CBR. but the quick service options over there? who knows? changes all the time! lol

Largest rooms of the moderates Best feature pool Every village has it's own bus stop and quiet pool so you're never far from one Great food court Most laid back relaxed atmosphere Laying in a hammock on the beach, drink in hand watching the higher fireworks of illuminations Gorgeous landscaping Never feels crowded even at capacity Those are some the reasons CBR is our favorite moderate by far.
Thanks, we stayed at Coronado Springs on our honeymoon and had a not so great experience and don't want a repeat.

Or make you ride it's a small world all day!

My very first time at Disney when I was in high school (oddly in Tokyo with my marching band), Small World got stuck for what seemed like hours. I still love it though and insist my family will go on it every trip soI can relive the memory!
Guess they were just locking up the American teenagers in jail for a little bit!

We are going to be staying at CBR and can't decide if we want to book a standard room or a water/pool view room. Our main desire would be to be close to Old Port Royale (kids love the mug refills). Would also like to be close to a bus stop.

Can anyone help with which would be better and what buildings we would request for each.

We just got back from staying in Martinique 25 , great location, right on the beach and close to food court. Our only negative was other families letting their kids wade in the lake. I couldn't believe how many ignored the sign.

We are going to be staying at CBR and can't decide if we want to book a standard room or a water/pool view room. Our main desire would be to be close to Old Port Royale (kids love the mug refills). Would also like to be close to a bus stop.

Can anyone help with which would be better and what buildings we would request for each.

If you have a water view room, that basically puts you along the "interior" of the resort, close to the lake. This will have you further away from your bus stop (but by no means "far"), as the bus stops are around the outside of the resort (see map in link below). However, it will generally also have a you a little closer to Old Port Royale ("OPR"), since you'll be close to the path along the lake that you would take to OPR. If you really want to be close to OPR though, you may want to book a preferred room (Martinique 24,25, 26 and Trinidad North). It is the same upcharge as a water view room.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cbrmap.htm

If you have a water view room, that basically puts you along the "interior" of the resort, close to the lake. This will have you further away from your bus stop (but by no means "far"), as the bus stops are around the outside of the resort (see map in link below). However, it will generally also have a you a little closer to Old Port Royale ("OPR"), since you'll be close to the path along the lake that you would take to OPR. If you really want to be close to OPR though, you may want to book a preferred room (Martinique 24,25, 26 and Trinidad North). It is the same upcharge as a water view room.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cbrmap.htm

Unfortunately, they were sold out of the preferred for our dates. What buildings might we end up in if we book water/pool? Could we request (no guarantees) a specific building such as Martinique water view?

Unfortunately, they were sold out of the preferred for our dates. What buildings might we end up in if we book water/pool? Could we request (no guarantees) a specific building such as Martinique water view?

All buildings have designated water-view rooms. So if you book a water-view room, you can request any building or village. You may want to put a request in for Martinique. Half the buildings are preferred, however, those buildings also have water-view rooms. So whoever ends up in those rooms either booked preferred or water-view and got pixiedust: by getting both.

I stayed at CBR last weekend, Thursday-Saturday. We'd booked a standard room, and when we got there, we were upgraded to a Pirate Water view, which was pretty sweet. It was me, my sister, and my three year old nephew, and he loved the pirate swords they gave us at check-in (we're still having to play swordfights at home!). So yeah, we were in Trinidad South, and it was a short walk to the quiet pool, which we used Friday afternoon, and the bus stop. The room was clean, and the pirate details were fun. Had dinner at the food court Thursday night. I really liked my jerk chicken sandwich, but my sister's ziti was on the blah side. We used the main pool that night, and the water was slightly chilly. So, there's my mini-report :)

I stayed at CBR last weekend, Thursday-Saturday. We'd booked a standard room, and when we got there, we were upgraded to a Pirate Water view, which was pretty sweet. It was me, my sister, and my three year old nephew, and he loved the pirate swords they gave us at check-in (we're still having to play swordfights at home!). So yeah, we were in Trinidad South, and it was a short walk to the quiet pool, which we used Friday afternoon, and the bus stop. The room was clean, and the pirate details were fun. Had dinner at the food court Thursday night. I really liked my jerk chicken sandwich, but my sister's ziti was on the blah side. We used the main pool that night, and the water was slightly chilly. So, there's my mini-report :)

Was it a long walk to OPR?

Are all the rooms being refurb or just certain rooms? Sorry i'm a newbie, and we're trying to decide between CSR, CBR and now we added PORFQ into the mix for our honeymoon in June 2015. A refurb could definitely be swaying for me! Haha :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter