Caribbean Beach is a Dump!

Just to be clear? The YC/BC and BW don't have food courts. BC does have a grab and go spot, similar to Boardwalk Bakery, but no food courts.

Yes, I realize that. Poor choice of words on my part. I should have referred to them as counter service/quick service options.

The point is, not having a "foodcourt" at the Boardwalk and dealing with construction is not comparable to having zero food options at CBR.

If they closed down completely you would have even more complaints than you are getting about the construction with CBR being one of the few Mods that can sleep 5. Many of the families can't swing a Deluxe or a suite at a Value (which are as much money as several Deluxe) so the Mods that sleep 5 are very sought after. Closing just isn't an option.
Again we are on the same page here. The past several trips we stayed at the Poly and the BWI. We love those resorts, but decided to save a few bucks this year--also wanted to try the pirate room. To be honest the Poly has almost priced us right out of their market, and without a nice room discount who knows when we will be going back there again :(

I just got back from cbr. It was pretty bad. We made the best of it. So glad I cut out our non park days and stay 3 nights at myrtle. The gift shop was a complete joke
And I knew it going in. It it was tuff.

The kids thank god only really thought the gift shop was bad. They didnt mind the tent food court and of course loved the pool. If we had resort days is would have been worse. But going forward I will never stay at a resort under construction even with a gift card. Wasn't the same

I'm moving into a new house when I get back from Disney--this construction business will seem like a walk in the park compared to that :lmao:We will be there in a little over three weeks so I guess I shall see for myself. We are at Trinidad South, so pretty far from a lot of the construction. I will miss OPR however.

Last edited:
LOL It is NOT a dump. What a ridiculous statement. They are undergoing refurbishment and it was clearly announced ahead of time. There is nothing "dumpy" about the resort at all. Seriously? A dump? :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
It was announced ahead of time. I wish I changed it. Wasn't worth the gift card.
It was kinda dumpy. Like even when we arrived the lobby was weak. Last trips to kidani and port orleans the lobby was great

It was announced ahead of time. I wish I changed it. Wasn't worth the gift card.
It was kinda dumpy. Like even when we arrived the lobby was weak. Last trips to kidani and port orleans the lobby was great
? But the lobby at CBR hasn't changed. Well, I guess a change has been they've put a couple snack things in there or something, at least I thought someone said they did. But as for construction or remodel work, there is none going on

I'm thinking that most of these issues folks are finding with CBR and construction are with CBR and not so much with construction. In other words, even not under construction many having issues wouldn't like a stay in CBR

My family and I are staying in CBR in November. My daughter made the resv, I did not know about the construction until I started checking this forum. I hope all will be well, being first trip for granddaughter.

? But the lobby at CBR hasn't changed. Well, I guess a change has been they've put a couple snack things in there or something, at least I thought someone said they did. But as for construction or remodel work, there is none going on

I'm thinking that most of these issues folks are finding with CBR and construction are with CBR and not so much with construction. In other words, even not under construction many having issues wouldn't like a stay in CBR

Yes lobby was not under construction. Just wasn't excited when walked in. Was just adding to the "dumpy" feeling I got.

Did the gift shops have CBR merchandise? We really only buy a resort mug every year. I'm really excited about having the freestyle machines as we only filled our mugs twice last year at POR.

We just got back from a stay at CBR and wish I had checked more into the construction going on before booking.
The food tent closed twice due to storms in the area. The pool was great... other than that, not much of a fan of CBR and probably won`t book there again.

Well Disney did the right thing and gave you a $75 gift card per night which as you said, covered almost all of your food. That is not the case for many and I wonder if you did not get all that extra $$$ would you still feel the same way?

If I remember correctly, CBR is discounted. No gift card, but the rate is much less than it normally runs. I refuse to stay at a resort under construction, and am willing to pay more elsewhere. If I choose to book a resort based just on cost, knowing it is under construction, I think I need to deal with those consequences.

I think you are on to something. I liked CBR but my family refused to ever stay there again. It is one of those love it or hate it resorts, so if you add related refurbishment inconvenience, you magnify the problems.

We will be staying at CBR for the first time in December thanks to a bounceback offer. While we would have preferred POR or POFQ those were not available in the room size that we needed. While we booked months before notice of resort construction we already knew that we would have to view the resort with an open mind if we want to enjoy it. Otherwise we'd spend our stay comparing it to PO, or one of the DVC or deluxe resorts that we have stayed at in the past. Additionally, I have to take each negative post wit a grain of salt as everyone sees things differently. Yes, it is entirely possible that once we arrive we aren't impressed, but will it be the end of the world? Probably not. After all, the $75 gift card is to help compensate for the issues.

We will be staying at CBR for the first time in December thanks to a bounceback offer. While we would have preferred POR or POFQ those were not available in the room size that we needed. While we booked months before notice of resort construction we already knew that we would have to view the resort with an open mind if we want to enjoy it. Otherwise we'd spend our stay comparing it to PO, or one of the DVC or deluxe resorts that we have stayed at in the past. Additionally, I have to take each negative post wit a grain of salt as everyone sees things differently. Yes, it is entirely possible that once we arrive we aren't impressed, but will it be the end of the world? Probably not. After all, the $75 gift card is to help compensate for the issues.
Going in with an open mind is half the battle, that is for sure. I wasn't sure what I'd face when we stayed there either. I didn't LOVE CBR when we stayed there several years ago. Didn't hate but didn't love it. Part of it was the Full size beds and curtain in the bath room. Both of those things have changed though. But, that gift card and good rate did ease the adjustment, for certain. Then, the actual stay was wonderful. The rooms are greatly improved from our prior stay. It exceeded our expectations in every way.

When do you think they will release concept art for all the renovations like they have done with CSR? I go year in December and hope at least the dining renovations are done.

?

Exactly this! It's like for us, if I really wanted to complain about the trip last week it would be that the room was too small for five of us ... but that doesn't have a darn thing to do with construction.

We were there for 9 nights in June, and I really don't get the construction complaints... Unless things have changed drastically in the last month? Yes you see it when driving by on the bus. I'm surprised Disney hasn't done more to hide it like I've seen at other construction projects there, but whatever... I didn't see it when I looked out my window or when relaxing at the pool so I didn't care seeing it as we drove by.

We thought the lobby was nice, the CM was very nice & helpful, we were late, and only people there. He said they only had 2 more check-ins after us for the night. I loved the ride to our room with our bags, and Garden Grocer order, especially late at night. Bell services was great on both ends of our trip.

I fall into the camp that my reason for not staying there again has nothing to do with the construction, but due to the size, and it's just not my style. The grounds were very well kept, the pools were great, and our room was clean... not what I would categorize as a dump. To each their own.

We stayed pre construction this year and loved the resort. We booked the resort again for it next year's trip knowing about the construction and without out the gift card promotion. The only reason we moved to another resort is to experience another resort. The only issue we had was the annoying cheer girls.

angiTN, you appear to be an expert on the construction at the CBR and the state of the resort, I do have a question for you. How many days have you stayed there during construction and how much money did you spend? By Disney standards it's a dump!

angiTN, you appear to be an expert on the construction at the CBR and the state of the resort, I do have a question for you. How many days have you stayed there during construction and how much money did you spend? By Disney standards it's a dump!
I am not sharing my budget with you or anyone. It's none of your business.
I stayed 10 days so far. Another 5 planned for August.
And I'm no expert on anything

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter