Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry you had such a problem! We leave a week from tomorrow and I am a little nervous, but hoping for the best! Thanks for the review.

I realize that the previous poster had a problem, and I'm not trying to minimize that. But seriously, please don't let one problem make you nervous.

CBR has 2,112 rooms. Let's estimate that each room is occupied an average of 5 days at a time. That means that each room is occupied by an average of 73 different parties each year. Multiply 73 parties by 2,112 rooms and you get 154,176 stays at CBR in an average year, using these numbers.

Even if there are 154 such complaints every year, that would still only be one-tenth of 1% of stays each year. That would mean your odds of having a similar problem are very very low. (All of the numbers are just pretend, except for the # of rooms ... I'm just trying to illustrate a point)

Go and enjoy, and please don't feel nervous. Also realize, of course, that there's not a hotel in Disney World or the rest of the world that doesn't get the exact same kind of complaint every now and then.

Hi,

We have a week stay booked for June. We are flying in and using ME to get to the resort. We are not renting a car. I want to get some staples to keep in the room and drinks that we can keep in the fridge. Has anyone ever shipped a box of bottled water/drinks and snacks through UPS or the mail to the resort? Would it be better to take a cab to a nearby grocery store? I would love to hear your thoughts.

T

Hi,

We have a week stay booked for June. We are flying in and using ME to get to the resort. We are not renting a car. I want to get some staples to keep in the room and drinks that we can keep in the fridge. Has anyone ever shipped a box of bottled water/drinks and snacks through UPS or the mail to the resort? Would it be better to take a cab to a nearby grocery store? I would love to hear your thoughts.

T

We shipped a box of food supplies to CBR in 2007 and had no issues at all. My son has multiple food allergies so we sent down a box of safe snacks and cereals for him.

Hi,

T
The way I see it, you have 3 options, and taking a taxi to a local store is the worst of the 3, because it will cost the most and take the most time.

Sure, you can ship something from home.

Your other option is to place an order with a local grocery delivery service. The delivery fee will be much less than the cost of a round-trip taxi, and of course you won't have to take time out from your vacation to go shop.

I've used Goodings (www.goodings.com), which is a local supermarket that also offers delivery. Many others on these boards have used two stand-alone delivery services, www.gardengrocer.com and www.wegoshop.com

I've never read an actual first-hand account of a bad experience with any of these three grocery delivery choices.

Well I'm back and I have to say very disappointed. I was so excited and never take bad reviews to heart I always decided on my own. Well I really should have turned away from this resort.

We checked in and where given the room requested corner room first floor near parking SUPER. We get to the room I take the standard pictures and then I inspect the room. Well I look in the bathroom and the tub hadn't been cleaned check the sinks and there is toothpaste and fingernails in the sink. :eek: I call the front desk and ask for someone to clean the room and they suggest I move instead. Well I had asked for a preferred room since we had to move and ask they eat the extra $25/ night they agree. Well we get to the new room 2638 and it has a horrible odor and the bathtub again is not cleaned there is dirt on the floor hair and drops of brown yuck. :confused: I leave the room and go to the front desk and guess what the CM says they are going to VIP clean the room. :sad2: I never knew Disney had a special clean for VIP's. Well long story short they did a terrible job so I just did it myself. We were tired and just wanted a place to rest and so I cleaned the bathroom and had them bring me clean sheets and made the bed myself. W

I will have to say we loved the food court, gift shop and security other than that I will have to say we will not be returning to this resort and I am so very disappointed. I don't want to be flamed I just wanted to give you my review. I hope no one encounters these same problems.

I know it's a terrible experience! We had exactly the same at POP and FQ, The rooms were truly disgusting - too bad to describe.

POP was full so they offered VIP cleaning for the entire stay....returned at midnight the first ngt and had to clean the room myself.

At FQ we decided to stay around when the room was cleaned to be sure...they sent 3 housekeepers and they did a great job...again, VIP cleaning all week.

VIP cleaning really isn't all that special...they supposedly completely clean the room and change the bedding each day. That's what reg cleaning used to be from 1971 to around 2000. Gone downhill since then.

Just wanted to say that if you enjoyed the resort otherwise, maybe give it another try sometime. We've stayed at CBR 5/6 times, last time was 2004...no problems.

Sorry, this was off topic!

This will be an odd question, but can you still turn the A/C unit completely off, ie., where no air is coming out of the vents. It seemed like we could back in 2006 when we last stayed there. I have to do a medical procedure daily and when I do it the air must be completely off so it doesn't circulate and stir up any particles that could contaminate me.

We stayed in a ASMU family suite last year and the air will not turn off completely in the room. I had to do my medical stuff in the bathroom by flashlight since that was the only way to have no air circulating. It wasn't the best scenerio.

Thanks!

How many shower stalls are available near the main pool? Also, are there many lockers and about how big? I am considering a later flight out, and we would like to shower after spending the day in the parks and around the pool before heading for the airport.

Yes. I did see those pictures. Thank you. Was just wondering how many showers there were and if there was usually a wait to get one.

Has anyone been to both Poly and CBR? We always stay Poly but thinking of trying CBR this time, will we be disappointed?
I love both resorts. But you really can't compare them.

Keep in mind I've stayed at CBR twice (1990 and 2005), but my Poly stay was after both of those (last month). I don't know how I'd feel going back ... I was very spoiled by Poly.

Part of it was that we paid for a Theme Park View room, and it was truly magical seeing the Castle and Space Mountain and the tops of Astro Orbiter and Big Thunder Mountain RR and Splash Mountain ... and Grand Floridian and Contemporary and the top of Wilderness Lodge and of course the lake and the monorail ...

... and the sounds of the ferry boat horns and the sounds coming from MK itself ... music from shows, the toot of the MK railroad engines, being able to track the railroad engines by the cute little puffs of steam as the traveled the circuit around the park ...

... and of course the incredible location location location, with a monorail ride to MK and a quick walk to TTC for a direct monorail ride to Epcot.

Now, as in love as I am with Poly, I truly love CBR, too. We're not big table-service eaters, so the fact that Poly has 2 such restaurants didn't really matter to us ... although having a CHARACTER MEAL in one of them sure was convenient!!! CBR has beautiful grounds, I love the island-y music, I love the hibiscus blooms everywhere. So it's not like I don't like CBR.

I have NOTHING bad to say about CBR, but Poly truly spoiled us. Poly was just in a different class.

Has anyone been to both Poly and CBR? We always stay Poly but thinking of trying CBR this time, will we be disappointed?

Yes, we have stayed at both resorts several times. :) From 1981 thru the summer of 1988 we only stayed at the Poly or CR...mostly the Poly. Prices were going up (from $79.00 to $200 ...I know not much by today's prices...over the yrs ;) ) and CBR opened - a brand new resort...we were ready to try someplace new and save some money.

CBR was gorgeous! We truly felt as though we were in the Caribbean...the rooms were very nice, even though much smaller than what we'd become used to. Still, we loved CBR...

In all honesty, it was an adjustment for sure..and we missed the nice touches of Poly (just what CleveRocks mentioned), but we returned to CBR 5 times within a couple of years.

Then we went back in 2004...it had changed quite a bit. Steel Drum music was no longer heard throughout the resort. The rocking chairs were gone from the porch...the lovely table service restaurant with cloth tablecloths and napkins was gone. In it's place was expanded food court seating and a new table service that was not nearly as nice.

The resort was still beautiful and peaceful...a vacation within a vacation, similar to when the Poly was the Polynesian Village (and now).

Time changes many things and both of these resorts have changed with time. I still recommend both, but maybe not quite as enthusiastically as years ago.

If you want a tropically themed moderate, do give CBR a try...but know it will be a different experience. Look at lots of room photos, read lots of different reviews and decide if a preferred room would be best - we have always stayed in Martinique, very close to OPR ever since our first stay in 1988. :)

Hope this helps...and do PM if I can answer other questions.:flower3:

Thanks CleveRocks & Minnie&Nana!

I really love Poly but not the price:lmao: But thought we would try something different this time and I thought CBR would be the most similar to Poly in terms of the tropical feel.....we also go down every year to the Caribbean islands, we are beach bums;)

Okay another question, we always do the same dinners, Coral Reef, 1900 Park Fare, Le Cellar, Narcoossee, a few others so my issue would be how do you get there from CBR? At Poly everything was a quick monorail ride. I assume everything is by bus but where do those buses from CBR go? How long do they take? How often do they leave? I think the transportation may be an issue, I hope not b/c I think dd would love the new pools. Also I see a few bus terminals/stops on the CBR map, do they all go to the same place?

Sorry CBR newbie here and I need help:worship:

I really love Poly but not the price:lmao: But thought we would try something different this time and I thought CBR would be the most similar to Poly in terms of the tropical feel.....we also go down every year to the Caribbean islands, we are beach bums;)

Okay another question, we always do the same dinners, Coral Reef, 1900 Park Fare, Le Cellar, Narcoossee, a few others so my issue would be how do you get there from CBR? At Poly everything was a quick monorail ride. I assume everything is by bus but where do those buses from CBR go? How long do they take? How often do they leave? I think the transportation may be an issue, I hope not b/c I think dd would love the new pools. Also I see a few bus terminals/stops on the CBR map, do they all go to the same place?

None of the buses go directly to a resort. You would have to take a bus to one of the parks and then take the resort bus from the park to the resort you are going to that you are eating at. Or you could take a taxi. We've never stayed at the CBR, but I believe there are seven bus stops within the resort. Once they've picked up from all seven stops, they then head to the designated park that is on the bus sign.

Bus service at CBR is great. We had the best bus service of all our trips when we stayed at CBR in January. To get to another resort you can take a bus to DHS or Epcot as they are both 5 minutes or under to get to from CBR, then take a bus to the resort you need to get to. Unless of course you are going to the Poly or another monorail resort then you could take the MK bus (it is an 11 minute bus ride to MK from CBR) and then get on the monorail. Each village at CBR has it's own bus stop, so you are never far from one. It's all very simple and efficient!

There's more bus info in the first post of my review. The link is in my signature.

Have a great trip! :goodvibes

i'm going here soon! i hope i'm not SICK like i am now! i'm getting better and i'm on an antibiotic so i hope that takes it away. :wizard:

We stayed at Poly last time, our first stay, and before that we only stayed at value resorts (3x). The Poly was in it's own class and SO magical! I would love to stay there again but it's the price that is the deal breaker. The monorail was so amazing. When we did have to deal with the busses, like going to DHS or AK, it was so frustratingly slow!

This will be our first time at CB and the resort looks wonderful. I just hope that the bus system doesnt take forever, but we're just going to do one park per day. I think for holiday time and park hopping b/w Epcot and MK and all the monorail resort restaurants that it was so worth it being on the monorail. I also enjoyed the boat ride from MK to Poly.

How long does it take to get to AK and Typhoon Lagoon from CB, we'll be in Trinidad South, pirate room.
:banana: pirate:

I JUST learned of the new pirate and Finding Nemo themed rooms, and I am soooo intrigued! Can someone please direct me to where I can find some photos? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter