Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I JUST learned of the new pirate and Finding Nemo themed rooms, and I am soooo intrigued! Can someone please direct me to where I can find some photos? :)

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
Just Back from CBR Pirate Room - Pics and opinions!

I'll bump it for you so it will be at the top of that section. I don't know how to do it directly.

Do the 2nd floor rooms have a balcony?
ALL of Disney's Moderate and Value resorts are built in the general style of a motel, where the only door and window of your room open up onto an exterior corridor, the walkway that guests use to get to and from their rooms. No one has a balcony, because everyone's room opens onto that public walkway, whether on the first floor, the second floor, and so on.

I have read a few conflicting things...are all the rooms refurbed now? the new nemo theme? (non pirate rooms)???

thanks

Hi everyone~
We have a package for the GF BUT my DH thinks he is going to get off from work a day earlier than planned so we get to leave a day earlier :woohoo: (we are driving~ its about 10 hours)

SOOO I was looking at the less expensive rooms to stay and I think we are all in agreement to try the new pirate rooms out. We will only be at CBR for 1 night ~ we will get there around dinner time and leave bright and early in the morning to check in at the GF and get our park tickets early!

How is the parking at CBR?! I don't want my stuff melting in the car if I leave it BUT I don't want to hike a mile with my luggage after driving 10 hours :scared1:

Walking to and from the busses and stuff like that isn't important to us as we are just planning on parking, ordering pizza ~ maybe let the kids swim and then get an early night sleep.

There is abundant and very convenient parking adjacent to every village in CBR, including Trinidad South, the village that you'll be in. Every village has some rooms that face the parking areas, although with all the thick, mature foliage it's not like anyone is staring into the grill of a Buick ... but you can be very very close to your car.

There is abundant and very convenient parking adjacent to every village in CBR, including Trinidad South, the village that you'll be in. Every village has some rooms that face the parking areas, although with all the thick, mature foliage it's not like anyone is staring into the grill of a Buick ... but you can be very very close to your car.

Thanks Eric!!! Does it cost extra to have Capt Jack come and tuck me in?! :rotfl2:

Seriously~ we just want a cute little room that we can relax in after making that drive. No parks~ no entertainment~ nothing but RELAXING!!!
I thought about doing POP but read that place can be a bit hectic in the summer! I am hoping CBR is a quieter and the new rooms are adorable... except for the big skull staring at me.. thats kind of creepy :rotfl2:

One more quick question if you don't mind. Does CBR have bell services? Can I call and have them pick up my luggage from my room and transport it to the GF for me?
This might be a great option for us in the morning so we don't have to load and unload the car again after driving 5 miles :laughing:

i have been told that with POP you have to bring your luggage to the front of the resort to have them transport it for you. That wouldn't do us any good LOL

I would like to completely unpack the car, clean out any kid messes left behind and have all the organizing done. Then in the morning, call bell services and have them take my luggage from my room (see no lifting and lugging)
to the GF... doable?

Doable. All the Moderates have full-service Bell Services just like the Deluxes do.

Great~ thanks so much!!! As soon as DH gets the official word (he got a verbal ok today but nothing official)
I am booking CBR :banana:

This will give us a great night sleep before we start our package!!!

Also the original plan was to drive half way (after DH got off work) stay at a Holiday inn express and drive the last 3 hours or so in the morning... THIS way we won't have to worry about all that! We will just drive the strait 10 hours (taking turns) and kick off our shoes and rest the evening and be fresh for the morning:thumbsup2

I don't really see us participating in any of the resorts activities except maybe letting the kids swim to get some of their energy out! Do each of the villiage pools have hot tubs? No biggie but it would be nice to soak away the days driving while the kids swam!

Sorry ... the only hot tub is in the main pool area. No hot tubs at the village pools.

I got on the phone this morning and booked my Pirate room :cheer2:

I didnt have any codes attached to my name but I am going to keep a look out for any deals between now and then to save a few bucks... as of now I am paying full rack price for the room pirate:

Has anyone ever stayed at CBR during the kids cheerleading football thingy in December? Was it crowded? Were the parks crowded? I've been informed that they will be @ WDW during our stay. And the MK Christmas Parade will be filmed too. Any insight or if we should change our dates please give your opinion. Also, the day after we leave WDW is when the land portion of the passporter people show up. Should we stay away from that weekend too? I'm sorry my Discabulary is really off today. I can't think of what anything is officially called.

I just found some pics from our 2007 trip that I hadn't posted before. The quality isn't super good as they weren't taken with a digital camera.

Surrey bike:
caribbeanbeachresort9.jpg

A couple of watermice pics:
caribbeanbeachresort6.jpg

caribbeanbeachresort5.jpg

Jamaica pics:
caribbeanbeachresort3.jpg

caribbeanbeachresort2.jpg

caribbeanbeachresort.jpg

caribbeanbeach8.jpg

Scan_109.jpg

The marina:
caribbeanbeach7.jpg

We were there that week in 2007 and had no problems. We are going back a week earlier this year, but only because I got a code for Nov 29 - Dec 6. I would have no qualms visiting when Pop Warner is there. Have a wonderful trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter