Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me how late luggage services is open? I will need to pick up my ECV when we arrive and we aren't arriving until probably 3am and I don't want to wait until the next morning if I don't have to, so I can charge it until we leave for the park.

Suzanne

Thanks for the current pictures and your reports. This helped me be less nervous about my stay at CBR in December.

Can anyone tell me how late luggage services is open? I will need to pick up my ECV when we arrive and we aren't arriving until probably 3am and I don't want to wait until the next morning if I don't have to, so I can charge it until we leave for the park.

Suzanne

The Moderate and Deluxe resorts are supposed to have Bell Services available 24 hours a day. It's not like the Value resorts, where Luggage Assistance closes at night.

Ok so we will be at CBR next saturday. 3 families/ 3 rooms... for a total of 4 kids under 4 year of age and 6 adults. We requested cribs or pack-n-plays for 2 of the rooms and that our rooms be in the same building and first floor. Is it reasonably safe for me (the chief-organizer) to assume we might at least get the cribs?? My sister will be there with a 5 month old baby and the other family has a one year old. I read that faxing requests is not really useful.
So what do you all think? To fax or not? To call? Reassure me please :goodvibes :goodvibes
We are flying in from Canada and don't want to bring the pack-n-plays from home (on top of all the strollers and car seats)

Yes I know it's a lot and some people have told me to leave the kids at home. We've done worse! We had 13 people (family reunion) last year in a huge rental house with 5 kids less that 5 years old:scared1: . We had a blast!

Looking forward to CBR (my 4th visit). Will be celebrating our 5th anniversary in the second vacation week:love: :love:

Can't wait for the magic to kick in on friday! :woohoo:

That's not completely true. I know for a fact that we were presented with seperate alcohol tickets for 2 diners at 2 different rest. last year, & there was an 18% gratuity added to the check. I actually would have left more than 18% but didn't after they took the liberty of charging it to my card themselves. Not to say this is always the case, just what happeded in the 2 places that we ordered drinks.

How could ANYTHING be charged to your card without your knowing about it? Are you saying that you were presented with the check, gave a credit card/room key, and they charged you an amount larger than what you authorized?

Are you certain they actually charged this amount without your authorization? The checks at WDW restaurants give tipping suggestions, spelling out for you how much an 18% tip would be. Are you sure this isn't what you saw? I just never heard of a restaurant charging something to my card without my knowing about it ahead of time.

The Moderate and Deluxe resorts are supposed to have Bell Services available 24 hours a day. It's not like the Value resorts, where Luggage Assistance closes at night.

Thank you Cleverocks, that was the answer I was hoping for. I have only stayed Value and Deluxe and didn't need them that late at night (or should I say early in the morning), so I wasn't sure.

Suzanne

Hi everyone! I've been hearing about this "bounce back" thing thats going on at WDW. Just wanted to know if anyone had anymore info on it. I will be in WDW in about a month or so. We are already planning a return trip next August with about 6 other people. So, we would want to get 3 rooms. Am I able to book 3 rooms under one reservation? Any info would be appreciated! Thanks! :bride:

Only at the main pool.

I'm an early riser, and I 'm the only one in my family. On days I knew we'd be using our village's quiet pool later in the day, I'd walk to Old Port Royale for breakfast (or at least to fill my refillbale mug), and on my way back to my room I'd grab a pool towel for each of us, keep them in the room, and then use them later in the day at our village's quiet pool.

When I was there in early August there were towels out at the Jamaica pool. However, that may have been a temporary measure during the main pool closure.

Nada. When I stayed at POR April 07. It took 3 calls and many hours to get my luggage. They kept telling me within the hour. Finally at 10pm, in our travel clothes we fell asleep on the beds.

I woke up at 12:30am and said "Oh no,the luggage never came!"
I went down to the front desk pretty ticked off and explained the situation to the girl there. She had to get the night manager, and he had to get the key for the luggage room, he told me because bell service was closed. He had a night porter deliver the luggage to our room. Finally at 2AM we had our bags unpacked and we were settled.:sad2:

When I was there in early August there were towels out at the Jamaica pool. However, that may have been a temporary measure during the main pool closure.

The quieter pool in Aruba (without the slide during renovation) did NOT have towels. Jamaicas pool did but it also had the life guards at it over Labor Day.

That's not completely true. I know for a fact that we were presented with seperate alcohol tickets for 2 diners at 2 different rest. last year, & there was an 18% gratuity added to the check. I actually would have left more than 18% but didn't after they took the liberty of charging it to my card themselves. Not to say this is always the case, just what happeded in the 2 places that we ordered drinks.

Were you on the dining plan? Last year they always added the gratuity for any extra's you had beside the plan. I meant gratuity is not added at the bars like the banana cabana. Maria :banana:

Nada. When I stayed at POR April 07. It took 3 calls and many hours to get my luggage. They kept telling me within the hour. Finally at 10pm, in our travel clothes we fell asleep on the beds.

I went down to the front desk pretty ticked off and explained the situation to the girl there. She had to get the night manager, and he had to get the key for the luggage room, he told me because bell service was closed. He had a night porter deliver the luggage to our room. Finally at 2AM we had our bags unpacked and we were settled.:sad2:

This is why I plan to carry my own luggage on to Magical Express. We had to wait a very long time for our luggage last year at POP. We finally went and got a luggage cart and got it ourselves. :confused:

This is why I plan to carry my own luggage on to Magical Express. We had to wait a very long time for our luggage last year at POP. We finally went and got a luggage cart and got it ourselves. :confused:

I don't have to worry about our luggage, I just need to retrieve the ECV that I have rented. We drive down and DH will bring in our luggage. If they aren't open when we arrive, I will just wait until we get ready to leave for the park.

Suzanne

We requested adjoining rooms at CBR for our November 22-28 trip. We really need to be close to my in-laws to help them out while at the World. We also requested Jamacia or Martinique buildings 22 or 23 if they are not preferred. Are these good locations, I just really do not want Trinadad South.:teacher:

We booked with AAA and our TA said the earlier we check in on our arrival date the better chance we have of getting our request. Is this true?

We requested adjoining rooms at CBR for our November 22-28 trip. We really need to be close to my in-laws to help them out while at the World. We also requested Jamacia or Martinique buildings 22 or 23 if they are not preferred. Are these good locations, I just really do not want Trinadad South.:teacher:

We booked with AAA and our TA said the earlier we check in on our arrival date the better chance we have of getting our request. Is this true?

If it is for medical reasons, they will guarantee a close location. Your TA only needs to call and have the CM speak with Special Needs Dept to set it up. It has nothing to do with what time you check in.

Suzanne

Hi everyone! I've been hearing about this "bounce back" thing thats going on at WDW. Just wanted to know if anyone had anymore info on it. I will be in WDW in about a month or so. We are already planning a return trip next August with about 6 other people. So, we would want to get 3 rooms. Am I able to book 3 rooms under one reservation? Any info would be appreciated! Thanks! :bride:

OK! The bounceback that was offered this august/september(possibly october) was for guests staying at a disney resort in august/sept(possibly oct due to the book by date of 10/24) so you may be able to book that DEPENDING ON the dates OF YOUR TRIP . The flyer stated that it had to be booked by October 24th so if you will be there before then keep your eyes peeled it maybe offered if you do not recieve a flyer ask at the front desk or call the number posted while you are there but the bounceback dates are 8/23 thru 10/1/2009 and I do know that they usually open the free dining up to the GP sometime the second week of april!(Which should be very close to the bounceback dates) Watch these boards and you sure will know when it is!! :thumbsup2 But keep your eyes peeled the end of march . I believe you could have three rooms but if there are more adults than children I believe a deposit would have to be made for each room you have to put $200 or first night cant remember which!

How serious do the medical needs have to be? Father in law has some minor issues that flare up from time to time that need to addressed by a doctor and since we are driving and they are riding with us would that count?

I just do not want to abuse the issue.

OK! The bounceback that was offered this august/september(possibly october) was for guests staying at a disney resort in august/sept(possibly oct due to the book by date of 10/24) so you may be able to book that DEPENDING ON the dates OF YOUR TRIP . The flyer stated that it had to be booked by October 24th so if you will be there before then keep your eyes peeled it maybe offered if you do not recieve a flyer ask at the front desk or call the number posted while you are there but the bounceback dates are 8/23 thru 10/1/2009 and I do know that they usually open the free dining up to the GP sometime the second week of april!(Which should be very close to the bounceback dates) Watch these boards and you sure will know when it is!! :thumbsup2 But keep your eyes peeled the end of march . I believe you could have three rooms but if there are more adults than children I believe a deposit would have to be made for each room you have to put $200 or first night cant remember which!

Freediningoffere.jpg

Can someone verify that there are irons in the rooms at CBR.

We leave Thursday... I am soooooooo excited!!!

How serious do the medical needs have to be? Father in law has some minor issues that flare up from time to time that need to addressed by a doctor and since we are driving and they are riding with us would that count?

I just do not want to abuse the issue.

If they need any sort of assistance from you, then it is a medical need. You are not requesting a special bathroom set up, so you aren't taking something away from anyone else. Besides there are laws that prevent them from asking what his medical condition is, they have to take your word. Better to be safe than sorry and end up in another building and then they need you and you aren't there.

Suzanne

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter