Castaway Club Gifts - Through the Years

Am I correct in my understanding that the gifts vary depending upon sailing? We'll be on the 4 night Dream Bahamas in December. Anyone know what the Silver gift might be for that? The canvas bag?

Am I correct in my understanding that the gifts vary depending upon sailing? We'll be on the 4 night Dream Bahamas in December. Anyone know what the Silver gift might be for that? The canvas bag?

The "standard" gift for all levels and cruises is a bag of some sort. Generally it's the canvas beach bag (particularly on the Caribbean/Bahama cruises). Silver level may or may not have an additional gift.

View attachment 122055 This bag has been given out this week on Caribbean itineraries. From the reports on Facebook there is now no distinction between Castaway Club levels. Silver, Gold & Platinum are all getting the same bag. I think there may be additional items for Gold & Platinum, but nobody has mentioned what they got or posted pics. My thoughts is that it is yet another cutback to save some money. They probably save more money by getting one design mass produced.

Here's the new bag...
Until I can figure out how to post pics from the iPad

new CC bag.jpg

Here you go. It looks like it could be easy to distinguish different levels where it says Castaway Club....Silver thread, Gold Thread or Black Thread.:sail:

I still use my bag from our 2006 cruise, it has held up so nicely!! And I LOVE that there are two small side pockets to hold my phone every time I take it to the resort pool at DW.

Does anyone happen to know what the CC gift is on the Wonder right now? Probably still the sling backpack??? We'll be embarking on her 2 weeks from today, first time on a Classic ship:thumbsup2

Does anyone know what the additional gift for gold and platinum is now?

Gold also receives a photo album, Platinum also receives a photo album and your choice of either a box of chocolates or a bottle of Presecco.

View attachment 122140

Here you go. It looks like it could be easy to distinguish different levels where it says Castaway Club....Silver thread, Gold Thread or Black Thread.:sail:

Ohhh, nice!! I hope this one shows up on the Wonder next month. Although I don't get my hopes up because it seems like they just use what they have while they are on the West Coast and restock the new stuff when they go back East again.

Ohhh, nice!! I hope this one shows up on the Wonder next month. Although I don't get my hopes up because it seems like they just use what they have while they are on the West Coast and restock the new stuff when they go back East again.
I hope that's true. I'd love to get one of the sling packs.

I'm very late to this thread so sorry if this has already been mentioned! I still have and use the overnight "holdall" style bag we received in 2001 (or maybe 2002). It was the returning cruiser gift prior to the towel. I can't post a pic right now because my daughter has "borrowed" it but when I get it back, I'll post one.

View attachment 122140

we just got two of these on our B2B and it seems much nicer than the previous bags. The concierge host said they have moved away from different bags and are just adding the few extras for the gold and platinum members.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter