Celebrity Sighting(s) @ DIS

Have you ever spotted a celebrity at a Disney joint?

• Yes, and I've got a pic to prove it.

• Yes, but I got no proof.

• I think so...but I'm not sure if it was a real celebrity.

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Earlier I posted "I got nothing" because I thought we were talking about JUST at WDW or DL. But, since others have posted about airports, I will say that we saw Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) at the Orlando airport. He was sitting all alone, sipping a beverage of some sort. But then he STOOD UP. My son and I both had to look about 20 feet in the air!!! He is SO TALL!! It appeared he was having difficulty walking though. This was in May 2006 after SWW.

My wife and I were eating at the Crystal Palace a few years ago when I spotted Dwayne Johnson with his family. I mentioned him to my wife and she and the other wives at nearby tables got all drooly. She caught him on a trip to the buffet and said hi. He was nice.

Saw OJ SImpson about 1 year after the verdict in the Cali Grill. Not very impressed so didn't snap a pic. Didn't want to make him feel important.

We were there in the beginning of May and Nick Lachey and Vanessa Minillo were staying at SSR resort one floor up from us...they got out of cab right in front of us...I was shocked...couldn't say a word! But I did get one pic as they were walking away!

It's kinda dark and crappy...but not too bad!

Nickvanessa.jpg

I got your back (actually, I guess Ishould say I got his front! :rotfl2: ). This was the same trip, May 8th while filming the promo for HSM 3!

2008_0510WDWEASTERDAY0098-1.jpg

My husband talked to George Lucas in January. They both happened to be coming out of the bathroom at Hollywood Studios.

I saw George Lucas in Epcot near the Morocco pavilion in April 2007. He must go to WDW frequently.

We also saw Jody Benson at Flying Fish several years back and chatted with her for 10 minutes or so. Who's Jody Benson, you ask? She was the voice of Ariel in The Little Mermaid.

A previous poster talked about how short Sylvester Stallone is, I met him at a Flyers game years ago, I was a senior in HS and was so devastated to see him in person. I am tall 5'9", and he looked like he was about 5'8". Sometimes it does not pay to meet a celebrity it can be a total let down!!

So true! I used to be a HUGE Kenny Chesney fan and after meeting him several times, it's hard to consider myself a fan anymore. Still love his older music but was truly disappointed in his personality. Oh yeah, he's SUPER short too!!

We were going into the back line for Its a small world and were right behind Kelly Ripa ( guessing her nany?) and her 3 kids but no hubby with them and they had a Disney guest host with them also.
We also sat with them in the same boat for the ride and they were nice but her kids looked so sad everytime we saw them that day and other places around disney. Not sad like they were mad about something but looked just very sad about something? If MK can't cheer you up something must be going on big time. and they were also staying at AKL ( because we saw them at the pool and she said they were staying there but unlike us they were in the suites.:) We could never afford those rooms.:lmao:

Pretty sure Brett Favre is a frequent visitor - I know my daughter worked at two different rides and she was at one in the Spring when he came through but he had been through the other in the Fall when she was off. In addition when she applied for the program one of the girls told her about her encounter with him the year before. He did not ride the ride his kids were on and chatted with the operator while the kids were riding. She said he was very nice.

I think I have read he is DVC.

Liz

I was told by the Bell Staff at Old Key West 2 years ago that Brett is a DVC owner and usually stays at OKW after the NFL season, but I have never seen him there.

I know probably tons of people have seen Samantha Brown, but here is the link to my encounter:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1707973

Also, I'm pretty sure I saw an actress named Margo Martindale on the same trip. I was waiting for my son to get off Mission Space during EMH, and the park was practically empty. There was a woman with a preteen girl looking at a map, and I knew I recognized her as an actress. I just couldn't remember anything she had been on. It wasn't until I was home a couple of months later that I saw her on "The Riches".

You lucky ducks who've spotted Harrison Ford and Johnny Depp...! :thumbsup2

I saw Meredith Vieira at the MK in January 2006. She pushed past me in the crowd walking down Main Street-- she was filming "Millionaire" and was in full stage make-up and white jeans and heels. I'm petite but she was really tiny! That's it so far. We were just out at Disneyland and had the most wonderful weather. I hoped we'd see someone famous but if we did I missed it!

We saw Michael Moloney from Extreme Makeover Home Edition today at Magic Kingdom. We have a photo of the kids with him that I will post when we get home. He was outside of Indy Speedway with a film crew (not sure if it was for the show or what) and was talking to the Disney guide with him when he noticed my kids waiting to meet him. He stopped, came over and took a picture with them. Very personable guy.

I just remember that I got pictures of Joey Fatone and Drew Lachey last year and they are on my camera as we speak, but in my move i lost my camera cord. I need to find it so I can put the pics on here! I was a huge fan of Nsync, like, the biggest you will ever meet, so seeing Joey was a real treat.

I just remember that I got pictures of Joey Fatone and Drew Lachey last year and they are on my camera as we speak, but in my move i lost my camera cord. I need to find it so I can put the pics on here! I was a huge fan of Nsync, like, the biggest you will ever meet, so seeing Joey was a real treat.

I'm so jealous! I loved/love both 98 Degrees and nsync (and drew and joey were my faves, respectively)

I'm so jealous! I loved/love both 98 Degrees and nsync (and drew and joey were my faves, respectively)

Yea Drew was my fav of 98 Degrees, but Justin was my fav from Nsync. We grew up in the same town so I feel like I have a connection with him...or maybe it's just a girls wishful thinking! I keep telling my family that I'm holding out on dating because I'm waiting for Justin! :laughing:

Last May 07 we sat right beside Nancy Kerrigan (the skater that Tonya Harding screwed over) at the restaurant in Mexico..it was really neat! She was with two little kids..her kids I'm assuming.

My husband spotted her of course, I would have never noticed.

She looked exactly like she does on TV. It was pretty cool. We did get a picture of her.

Back when Honey I Shrunk the Kids came out we saw Rick Moranis riding on a scooter in Epoct.

My mom rode in an elevator with Bernie Mac and a famous football player (she can't remember who). She also meet Dick Vitale, but didn't know who he was until the server told her! When we were there this spring I spotted Todd the winner of Survivor and made her go ask him for a picture!

When I was working at Disney I got to wait on Sal Governale from the Howard Stern show, he was probably my favorite celeb that I meet while working there.

Here is a list of the celebs I saw/met while working at Disney:
Kathy Lee Gifford
Drew Carey
Joey Bishop
Stevie Wonder
Eric Estrada
Tia and Tamara and their little brother
Steven Tyler
Kelly Ripa
Marc Consuelos
Mike Golic
Al from Home Improvement
Davy Jones
Rita Pearlman and Danny Devito

There are more, but that is all I can think of. I saw lots of sports stars, but I can't remember who they were! (my DH would be so disappointed in me!)

I saw Kevin Smith aka Silent Bob (who directed Dogma among other movies) at the MNSSHP in 2006. I didn't get a pic though.

I saw him too, this past June at DL. He was walking into the park while we were walking out. I was trying to explain to DH who I had just seen but I was a bit star struck and couldn't remember his name, only Silent Bob.

....When I was working at Disney..........
OT....Hey, Jocelyn, great to see you, and congratulations on your little one. You still at Disney????

Back to the topic.

I have only seen Regis Philbin, and he acted like a pompous pill.

My DH and I were eating at the Coral Reef one time and looked over and saw Robin Williams at another table. I tried to act cool, but I'm sure I made a face or two, just surprised looks, I hope. :worship: :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter