Check-in March 2018

First time I've seen this thread, my Dh & I will be there March 12-16 at the Fairfield. I'm super excited, I haven't been to DLR since 2011, and so much has changed.

We are also doing the Void, as someone else posted. Hopefully I'll run into you other DISers! See ya all real soon!
Since 2011 you must be so excited to go back. I hope you have a ton of fun.

Tentatively planning on flying down for a short trip March 21-23, I have our Southwest flights all booked as well as our room at the Desert Inn, just waiting on the dog sitter to confirm availability. We mostly want to do the egg hunt as we will miss the WDW one this year, maybe hit some food and wine booths and just soak in the DL atmosphere.

I'll be there Sunday evening! Flying out Friday afternoon and spending Saturday doing USH and Sunday AM exploring some Hollywood sights before heading to DTD for dinner. Hoping I can kick this new sore throat I found this morning by then!

I'll be there Sunday evening! Flying out Friday afternoon and spending Saturday doing USH and Sunday AM exploring some Hollywood sights before heading to DTD for dinner. Hoping I can kick this new sore throat I found this morning by then!
Hope you feel better. That plan sounds like fun.

We found out that our dog sitter will be able to fit us in so we are all set for March 21-23!!!! I am so excited, we already have a Blue Bayou Fantasmic dinner booked, as well as a reservation for the Star Wars VR experience at DTD, and I am very much looking forward to the Egg hunt and our favorite restaurants.

I cancelled our River Belle Terrace Fantasmic! dinner package reservations. And I just cancelled our tickets to The Void in DTD for that VR Star Wars experience because.....

WE ARE GOING TO WDW IN JUNE!
:jumping1:

DH is attending a work conference in Orlando the week of 6/10. DH & the kids have never been. I went once ages and ages ago when I was 5 and this was even before Epcot existed, so it'll be like all brand new to me, too. We just booked our flights 2 days ago!

As a result, this Disneyland trip is going to be more of a budget trip. That's ok because we're still going to have a wonderful time! I'm looking forward to experiencing WDW, too. I think that I am really going to miss the wonderful CA weather once we're in Orlando! :rotfl2:

I cancelled our River Belle Terrace Fantasmic! dinner package reservations. And I just cancelled our tickets to The Void in DTD for that VR Star Wars experience because.....

WE ARE GOING TO WDW IN JUNE!
:jumping1:

DH is attending a work conference in Orlando the week of 6/10. DH & the kids have never been. I went once ages and ages ago when I was 5 and this was even before Epcot existed, so it'll be like all brand new to me, too. We just booked our flights 2 days ago!

As a result, this Disneyland trip is going to be more of a budget trip. That's ok because we're still going to have a wonderful time! I'm looking forward to experiencing WDW, too. I think that I am really going to miss the wonderful CA weather once we're in Orlando! :rotfl2:

Oh I am so excited for you! The weather can be beaten! Just go first thing in the morning, take a mid day break when it is hot, crowded, and miserable, and then come back around 5 or 6 at night - works every time. :mickeyjum

Oh I am so excited for you! The weather can be beaten! Just go first thing in the morning, take a mid day break when it is hot, crowded, and miserable, and then come back around 5 or 6 at night - works every time. :mickeyjum

Yeah, that's my plan! We always take an afternoon break on DL trips, and since the weather in Florida is much less desirable than it is in Anaheim, you better believe we are taking a hotel break every day!

Just booked a last minute trip next week for me and the kids (the Mrs. is a CPA and has to work. She felt bad about the kids being stuck at the house during spring break and encouraged me to take them). I am a bit frantic trying to plan everything in a day but I am more excited than anything!

We will be there. With all the price increases we have only been able to go once a year and sometimes less than that. We were concentrating on other parts of the country but we always try and fit at least one trip a year in. Our last trip was last April and I belong to a ladies group that goes every end of Feb/beginning of March. I have gone on the trip 3 times but my last time was in 13 so we FINALLY decided to get back to it and we just went this past 2/28-3/4. We had a lot of fun but it was kind of a bummer that it rained so much and because we were on the ladies trip we didn't have time to sample even one thing from food and wine which I have ALWAYS wanted to go to. I have done the DW version twice and we love it. My daughter got into a bunch of schools in the midwest and we had visit trips scheduled for the end of the month but the financing didn't work out so we switched to some CA schools (we are from here) and so we are getting to go back again at the end of the month. This has NEVER happend that we get to go twice in such a short time. I bought an AP last April because I knew we were going on the trip this past week but never thought this would happen and so glad. We are visiting UCSB but my daughters begged to spend 2 days in Disney since they haven't been since last april so we are doing that. Staying at the DI again and it will be a super quick trip over spring break so super busy I am sure but really hoping to at least be able to sample some of the food and wine stuff this time. LOVED the new mission breakout and excited to take my girls on it. (it wasn't open yet last time we were there). We also had to cancel our fantasmic dinning at BB because of the rain and don't think we will be doing that this time either but hoping to do it when we go back in Oct. So excited!!

I got here last night and checked on to the Tropicana Inn (love this motel). Got here abot 430 amd was able to get settled and go across the street to upgrade tockets to annual passes. Activated passes and went to dinner at the Jazz Kitchen. Came back to hotel because kid eas wearing shorts and got cold during dinner. Was back on park by 800 and did 5 rides nefore heading back to hotel at 1030. It was an awesome start and if this teenager ever wakes up we will head back today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter