Cheeky Chicks (and a rooster) Can Cyber Chat For A Whole Year! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning.

Yesterday was my dad's 70th birthday. Here's something funny! Yesterday morning I went over to my parents house before going to church. I asked my dad if he felt any older. He of course said no and I laughed because that statement is pretty silly. It's not like we actually wake up feeling a year older. Not a minute later my dad was writing out a check and asked "What's the date? The 15th or the 16th?" Keep in mind, it's his BIRTHDAY! We decided maybe he does feel a little older. ;) He has a twin brother and they were talking on the phone last night and my mom kept telling my dad to wish his brother a happy birthday and he said he forgot. :confused3

Morning Grim. Are you doing anything special for your Dad's 70th? We couldn't come up with anything special. Maybe we'll focus on 75!

Morning Grim. Are you doing anything special for your Dad's 70th?

I have no idea. His wife will often plan things for such occasions, get her own kids (from a previous marriage) involved heavily, then pretty much neglect to tell his kids what's going on, until about 1 day before them, making it impossible for us to scrap other plans. Believe me, it's not coincidental. Keep in mind, most people make plans of one sort or another on New Years Eve.

I have no idea. His wife will often plan things for such occasions, get her own kids (from a previous marriage) involved heavily, then pretty much neglect to tell his kids what's going on, until about 1 day before them, making it impossible for us to scrap other plans. Believe me, it's not coincidental. Keep in mind, most people make plans of one sort or another on New Years Eve.

Sorry about that Grim. :guilty: I hate when families do that to each other.

I've been busy this morning! Don't people know I want to Dis? Geesh. :rolleyes1

Good Morning. :wave:

Our cool weather is over. It was just a little front passing through. We will be back to high 80's with high humidity. :guilty:

Susan I love your story about your dad. I hope he had a great birthday.

:yay: Happy Birthday to Susan's Dad! :yay:

Morning everyone!

Most of the weekend, it's been around 35 in the mornings and 70's during the day :cloud9: . It's starting to smell like fall! :goodvibes

Good morning. We just had a "No Boss Gossip Session" here at work. We had about 1/2 hour before one of the owners came in and we spent that whole time complaining! It feels good sometimes to know that I am not the only one frustrated. We are going to be very shorthanded in a couple of weeks and they are not making any effort to hire anyone. :confused3 We had one gal move in June and we have another that is taking Oct-Jan off and really doesn't want to come back, she wants to retire. Seems to me that they ought to replace at least one person. It's frustrating because if we try to take any time off they really make us feel guilty. :sad2:

Good morning. There is a possibility of rain today which is always a good thing around here. I've got my rain coat so I am ready! Of course I am not wearing rain appropriate shoes, shirt or pants, but at least I've got my coat! :thumbsup2

Grim it looks like you can still get the DIS at work. :thumbsup2

Susan it's good to be prepared for the rain. I think we will be getting lots of rain this weekend from the tropical system that will be in the Gulf of Mexico.

I'm going to help out with art class today at Colin's class. That should be interesting. I just hope they won't be using glitter or paint today. :rolleyes:

Oh, glitter is so much fun. It just gets everywhere!

Do you ever get a call and you can't place things together right away? I had a lady call and my co-worker said "It's Betty, she's a friend of your aunt Joann" I sat there looking stupid trying to fit pieces together. :confused: I have an aunt Betty so that messed me up, and my "Aunt Joann" is known as Joey around here, plus she's technically my dad's cousin and I never call her aunt. :confused3 Talk about a brain teaser. :upsidedow

Hellllllooooooooo????? Anybody out there?

Good morning anyway. I'm glad it's Thursday, heading toward the weekend. We had our monthly bunco game last night and I didn't win anything. :sad2: Oh well, maybe next month.

It was freezing cold when I got up this morning! It's supposed to rain today but there isn't a cloud in the sky. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Ok, talking to myself again. I'm so interesting. :rolleyes1

Just wanted to update you on the rain issue. The clouds are coming in. It's still possible that we might get some rain, and it's really cold! It's only 63 out there! 7 degrees below my comfort zone. ;)

Don't worry, I'll update you all later on.

Don't worry, I'll update you all later on.

Whew! Thank goodness! ;)

I would KILL for 63 degrees right now. It's creeping back up to the low 90's again here, though it's nothing like it was a couple weeks ago, with the 100's every day, and desert-like humidity levels.

But it's supposed to normalize back to the upper 70's again next week.

Hey Grim :wave:

Now I'm not talking to myself!

Ok, weather update: I'm still cold, temp is now at 65, clouds are once again gone so at this point I'm going to say no rain. Oh wait. . . we have clouds. A few white puffy clouds are blowing in as I type. That might be a grey cloud coming over the hill.

Next update will be after lunch.

I'm waiting ...

It is currently 66 degrees out right now so we are warming up. The clouds have moved in again, but there are still patches of bright blue sky. It's a toss up on the rain issue.

In other news: I locked my keys in my car. :rolleyes:

Best of luck to you in your weather-watching endeavours. I'm heading home. Night night!

BTW, do you have Onstar? They'll unlock your car for you from space, or the nearest cell phone tower. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter