Cheeky Chicks (and a rooster) Can Cyber Chat For A Whole Year! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best of luck to you in your weather-watching endeavours. I'm heading home. Night night!

BTW, do you have Onstar? They'll unlock your car for you from space, or the nearest cell phone tower. :)

Have fun at home. I'll keep you updated on the weather, you might want to check back every hour or so since you are so concerned.

I don't have Onstar unfortunately. I do have a father who knows where my spare key is and will be bringing it. Not like I have anywhere to go right now anyway.

Hey everyone! Since we're watching the weather, it's a nice 82 here right now with a breeze (not sure from which direction). The sad part is - there cleaning out the sewage pond near our house and HOLY FREAKIN COW IT STINKS TO HIGH HEAVEN!!

7.gif
Ain't nobody singin here right now!! :scared:

Other than that, it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. That may be because everyones' houses are shut up. :rotfl:

Hey Wendy! Hope that the air freshens up just a bit soon! Maybe a nice big bottle of Febreeze? ;)

Hi all. :wave: This is my first check in today. I just got busy this morning and didn't sign on until now.

Susan what a good dad you have. You're also lucky he lives close by. Or is that you live close to him? Same property right? I don't have onstar either. I've never locked my keys in my car before. Now that I just typed that it will probably happen. I'm knocking on wood just in case.

Hey Tricia.

I'm very fortunate to have my dad nearby. I live on their property in a separate house. Unfortunately my dad is going to have to drive about 20 miles to bring me my key. I should make another set to keep at work but with those computer chipped keys I understand it's pretty pricey.

So what kept you so busy that you ignored your friends huh? :snooty:

So what kept you so busy that you ignored your friends huh? :snooty:

Yesterday morning DH had a meeting so he was home later than usual. Computer hog that he was, I used that time to clean and do laundry. Yesterday was also Grandparents Day at Kendall's school. I had to babysit my little niece so my mom could go to school. My niece is three and goes to school three days a week. The other two my mom watches her. Yesterday fell on the day she doesn't attend school. We colored, I painted her nails, we took a walk. Once the kids are home from school I basically have no shot at the computer. :rotfl:

TGIF people! :cool1:

Ok Tricia, all good excuses. :thumbsup2

I'm so glad it's Friday! Hope everyone has a good one.

Good Morning. :wave:

I slept until 6:45 today. That's sleeping in for me since on school days I'm up at 5:15. :banana:

Anyone with big plans this weekend? If the rain holds out Colin has a baseball game at noon. So far no rain from the tropical depression. They said we should get rain this afternoon. Wait and see for us now.

Good Morning!

As for big plans, we are celebrating my dad, uncle and aunt's birthday tonight with dinner out. I do need to run a few errands today and pick up my uncle's birthday present. I got relieved of chauffer duty this morning with my mom so that was nice. My dad tells me we will alternate Saturdays until she can drive again. Other than that, I need to clean my kitchen a bit and do some other chores. Pretty exciting.

Busy weekend around here. We didn't get any rain from Tropical Depression #10 that was heading our way. It must have stayed a little further north and east of us. That's a really good thing.

I went to Sam's Club yesterday. It's funny to see all the Halloween stuff right there next to the Christmas things. :santa: Just a little reminder that the holidays are right around the corner.

Morning chicks and roosters. :wave

I had a busy weekend too, trying to get household chores done along with celebrating birthdays and grocery shopping. My co-worker is talking on the phone soooooo loudly! she is already driving me crazy and it's only been 15 minutes. :headache:

My co-worker is talking on the phone soooooo loudly! she is already driving me crazy and it's only been 15 minutes. :headache:

You should start quoting parts of her conversation, or asking for more details, since you could not help but overhear the juicy tidbits you did here. ;)

You should start quoting parts of her conversation, or asking for more details, since you could not help but overhear the juicy tidbits you did here. ;)

I don't have to ask, I know EVERYTHING! She repeats the same conversation 10 times a day and will tell anyone who even looks her way. The trick is not to make eye-contact and pretend to be on the phone. :rolleyes1

I don't have to ask, I know EVERYTHING! She repeats the same conversation 10 times a day and will tell anyone who even looks her way. The trick is not to make eye-contact and pretend to be on the phone. :rolleyes1

I really am hard of hearing, it's no lie. I have probably about an 85% loss in one ear, and about a 35% loss in the other. I will probably have another surgery in the 85% ear (last one in that ear was when I was 5), but I'm getting along alright for a while. I can probably get it back to around a 40% loss someday with better composite materials in the prosthetics, but the recovery from the surgery is pretty inconvenient, although the surgery is not much worse than a trip to the dentist.

Anyway, to my point: it can be a really handy excuse at times. For situations like your co-worker's, and I've done this, say you have a hearing loss (we all have SOME hearing loss after all) and that you cannot hear her, no matter how loud she talks. It's the pitch, you see, not the volume, and there's just no use trying. Say to her that she may as well not talk to you. ;)

It works, believe me! Although I'm not sure if it's because I convinced people of actual hearing loss or of the fact that they think I'm a jerk. Either way, it's almost 100% effective. :thumbsup2

The time it's not effective: on discussion boards. It doesn't translate on here, somehow. :lmao: But I always "listen" to the Chicks and Roosters on here. :banana:

I'm so glad you "listen" to us Grim. :thumbsup2

I don't think the hearing loss thing will fly here because one of the managers is deaf. She has a 100% loss in one ear and a 90% in the other. She is the only one that can get away with that. ::yes::

Sorry about your hearing loss though.

Thank you, but no need for sorrow. A) I was born with it, so I didn't lose anything. B) It is surgically repairable, so I still get to hear.

I'd put up my left ear, which was surgically repaired about 16 years ago when I was 22 (and has the 35% loss), up against most people's ears my age who have subjected their ears to overly loud and noisy (not musical) music through ear buds, ear phones and overly loud speakers. In fact, you could listen to symphonic music at the same volume as, say, grunge music, and your ears would sustain far more damage from the grunge than from symphonic music. I'd venture to bet most people my age have a 40-50% loss of hearing, in both ears, and have no idea. My right ear, when I have it done again, should be even stronger than my left, because a new ear drum will come with this surgery, which was not available when I was 5, but was when I was 22. A very small skin graft does the trick.

It's actually pretty fascinating what they've been able to do with hearing in just my lifetime alone. Knowing what I know about Beethoven's symptoms, and the in-and-out nature of the onset of his deafness, I'm pretty certain he had the same condition I have. Fortunately, he had perfect pitch and was a genius, so it didn't impede his 9th Symphony (contains Ode to Joy), which was mostly penned while he was quite deaf. I'd be as deaf as he was, were it not for the surgical (out-patient when I was 22; but a week's hospital stay when I was 5) techniques around now. If you want to be moved, watch Immortal Beloved, which is mostly about Beethoven. There is a 10-minute scene where Ode to Joy was premiered to the public that is among the most moving scenes I think I've ever seen on film.

Hearing is probably the sense that is the most fixable of the 5 senses. Vision correction/restoration is way behind the hearing field. Fortunately, I have no damage to the auditory nerve, which would be infinitely harder to get around. My problems are with deformations of the bones in the middle ear, and with the eardrums. Both problems are very treatable, but occur in a certain percentage of the population. A lot of people who think they are doomed to a lifetime of poor hearing and even deafness might not necessarily be.

This is the end of my PSA for getting your hearing checked. :sad2:

Very informitive Grim! Thanks! My parents were discussing getting their hearing checked this weekend. I know my dad needs to. My co-worker's problems are with benign tumors on her auditory nerves. They tried to remove them on one side and she lost all hearing. On the other ear, she decided to keep the little hearing she has and not have the surgery.

Oh, and I remember that scene from Immortal Beloved, you are right, it was incredibly moving. That whole movie was actually.

Our fall like days are over for the week. Well it really wasn't fall like but 80's with lower humidity feels fall like to us. The humidity is back. :eek: The weather people said this week will feel like summer again. Oh, say it ain't so. :guilty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter