Cheeky Chicks (and a rooster) Can Cyber Chat For A Whole Year! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Chicks and Roosters!
A quick drop in to say Hey. It seems like forever since I've had a chance to stop in! School is wicked busy, I don't get home until 6-7 pm lately, grrr, that's my own fault because I just can't leave right at 5:00 p.m., there's always that one last thing I'll want to get done so I don't have to face it in the morning. Or a coach comes in so I have to go over stuff with them because I don't see them that often.

My boss is at a golf tournament today, it's going to be close to 90!!! and it's Picture Day, so when the photographer goes down to the field to do the team pictures, I have to guard his equipment he leaves in the Trophy Room for a half hour so no one touches, steals, knocks it over, etc .... kids gotta love 'em

Basketball starts on Monday, and I have no idea how many kids are even on the teams yet! New Coaches this year, so I have to break them in!!!!

Have a great day everyone!:hippie:

Morning Chicks and Roosters.

Jeanny, you sound way too busy, you are making me tired. Tricia, we are warm again too, typical for September around here. It's supposed to be 86 today.

It's funny, I am at work about 10-15 minutes early every day because I leave time for the unexpected on my drive in. Today, both of the Big Bosses are gone and I am the only one here at 3 minutes to 9. The one gal who has been on probation, isn't here yet. What she doesn't know is I am supposed to e-mail her arrival and departure times to the bosses every day that they aren't here. :rolleyes1

Howdy, Cheeky Chicks! :hippie:

How are all the chicks and roosters doing? :yay:

Hey Bonnie! Nice to see you around here. How have you been?

Hey Bonnie! Nice to see you around here. How have you been?

Hi Susan! I'm doing well! Now that school has started back up I am really busy though. :eek: Right now I'm on my lunch hour.

What have you been up to?

Oh, you know, work and Dis, work and Dis! ;) I'm just plugging along but things are good.

Oh, you know, work and Dis, work and Dis! ;) I'm just plugging along but things are good.

That's good! Do you have any Disney trips planned? I just went last month with some of the Chatters, and I have a family trip planned for the first week of December! Can't wait!

That's good! Do you have any Disney trips planned? I just went last month with some of the Chatters, and I have a family trip planned for the first week of December! Can't wait!

I'm going to Disneyland in November. It's an annual thing. I have been looking at airfare for WDW in Feb but the air is high from here and I just don't know if I can swing it.

Susan how far from Disney Land are you located? I always wondered if I lived really close if I would go all the time or not. :confused3

If I lived anywhere in the state of California, I might go to DL about once a year or two. It's worth going to, and has most of what WDW has, as far as rides go, and some things WDW never had.

But I would go to Legoland about once a month, if I lived in the state. Carlsbad, CA has to be about the prettiest place I've ever seen, both for scenery and for the weather. And Legoland is a blast.

If I had $3 or $4 million in the bank, I'd buy myself a shack in Carlsbad and live there. You don't need heat or AC there, so you'd save some money in the utilities at least.

Did I mention I like Legoland?

If I lived anywhere in the state of California, I might go to DL about once a year or two. It's worth going to, and has most of what WDW has, as far as rides go, and some things WDW never had.

But I would go to Legoland about once a month, if I lived in the state. Carlsbad, CA has to be about the prettiest place I've ever seen, both for scenery and for the weather. And Legoland is a blast.

If I had $3 or $4 million in the bank, I'd buy myself a shack in Carlsbad and live there. You don't need heat or AC there, so you'd save some money in the utilities at least.

Did I mention I like Legoland?

This is just a hunch Grim but did you love playing with Lego's as a boy? My DS is seven and he really likes Lego's.

This is just a hunch Grim but did you love playing with Lego's as a boy? My DS is seven and he really likes Lego's.

Not really any more than an average kid. I liked Lincoln Logs better, for some reason. I think it's because you got more in a container of those than you did in a container of Lego's.

Legoland is for anyone. Yes, there are some completely spectacular Lego dioramas of major cities, or famous places. Heck, in front of the US Capitol in one diorama is an actual moving Lego marching band. They even had a Lego Freedom Tower in NYC.

But it also has truly imaginative and unique rides, having little or nothing to do with Legos, except that they look like large Lego pieces. There is a really cute Volvo (yes, another Swedish company) "Driving School", which my oldest DD enjoyed. There is a ride that looks like one of those bungee types of rides that lifts you straight up and then plummets back down, you know where that girl lost her foot in Louisville. Except that this ride is powered by you. You pull a rope and it lifts you up, then you stay up at the top, or let yourself down slowly. The view from the top of that was absolutely breathtaking.

In many of the lines for family-oriented rides, they had Lego tables set up for kids to play Legos while one or both parents would go through the line. This feature eliminated the need for a Fastpass system, as I don't think I heard a tired kid cry the whole day.

The landscaping there was unbelievable. They used different types of grasses, trees, etc. to give different parts of the park appropriate themes. For instance, there are one or two rides that have sort of a medieval theme, so the grass in that part of the park they let grow extremely long and wavy, like you might see in the rough of an English golf course. It was beautiful.

These days, I think Legoland carries on Walt Disney's vision (a safe, totally immersive experience for the entire family) more than any of the Disney parks themselves. I hate to say that, but I believe it.

Is Legoland only in California? It does sound wonderful and something my kids would really like. We've never been to California before. Maybe a DIS meet with Susan, a trip to Legoland and visiting Disney Land will be in our near future. A girl and dream, right? :rolleyes:

Is Legoland only in California? It does sound wonderful and something my kids would really like. We've never been to California before. Maybe a DIS meet with Susan, a trip to Legoland and visiting Disney Land will be in our near future. A girl and dream, right? :rolleyes:

There are other Legoland's, but the one in Carlsbad, CA is the only one in the U.S.

Well Grim, you made me want to go to Legoland. I've never been actually.

Tricia, I am about 4 hours north of Anaheim. (In case you didn't know, we Californians don't talk in miles, it's hours ;).) I usually only get there once a year but ideally I'd go more often. The APs that I get as a Southern Cal resident are only good on weekdays and in the off season so that limits me. Of course, I could spend more money and buy better passes but I'm cheap.

Hi everyone!!! Still here and still pregnant, but i'm having the baby on October 4th!!!!! YAAAY!!! But it could be pushed back if my blood pressure goes down (just to be safe!!)

DH wants to go to legoland sooo bad adn i'm tempted to agree, but just no time in the next couple of years!!!

hugs to all!!!

Hey Michelle! Wow! You are going to meet your son so very soon! Congrats.

wow, I guess I'm not the only stranger dropping in to say Hello!

BONNIE!!! How you doin???
Michelle!!! days away huh! Good luck! and here's hoping for nice smooth, safe delivery.

I just got home from work, had some dinner and going to watch Dancing with the Stars.

Good Night everyone, Have a great night!

Hello Chicks and Roosters! Just got home from work, getting ready to head to bed so I can head back out in a few hours.

Michelle, it's great to see you still hanging in there. I bet you're getting so excited to finally meet your little one. GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING! Lot's of :grouphug: coming your way.

Good Morning. :wave:

Michelle good luck to you. You are so close, hang in there.

Jeanny so nice to hear from you. You are always so busy.

Hi Wendy, Susan and Grim.

Colin had a baseball game last night. We were loosing something like 11 to 3 and we came back and tied the game at 15 to 15. :cheer2: Nail biter for sure.

Oh, I forgot to mention ....Happy Hump Day! :teeth:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter