Cheyenne

Jordanfamily

Earning My Ears
We're off for our first stay at the Hotel Cheyenne next month having previously stopped at the Santa Fe, and several times at the Davey Crockket Ranch. We're also getting there by Eurostar for the first time. Can anyone who has experience of eitherlet me know if we've made a good choice. The party consists of Me, my wife plus 12 year old son, and 10 year old daughter.

We went by Eurostar and stayed in the Cheyenne the last 2 times we have been and were more than happy both times.

The hotel rooms are not overly plush but then we merely use them to sleep and get ready in so don't need anything else. The only thing you may find is that for a family of four, if indeed you are in the same room - it could be a bit cramped.

We used the restuarant in the evening just once and it was pretty good - the stir fry was cooked in front of us so we can't complain about freshness and the price was pretty good.

The bar is quite fun as they usually have some live country music every night which whilst not being my usual taste in music is nice to have and certainly gives the bar a good atmosphere, as do the visiting characters! In the dry months a few of the characters (usually Chip, Dale, Goofy and Pluto) come daily, around early evening, to do a mini show on the little outside stage.

We like the 'Western' atmosphere of the Cheyenne and unless you are likely to spend a lot of time in the hotel rooms then it should be a lot of fun.

As for the Eurostar - great! You get on in London (or Ashford) and just a short time later you are speeding through French countryside en route to Disneyland! We always get a pang of excitement as we approach the Disneyland Station - I think, we see Space Mountain as the first sign of Disney from the train and then the Disney Village entrance.

Anyway, sorry to ramble, I'm sure you'll have a really great time.

Hi,

I have never stayed at Cheyenne, but Eurostar is definitely the way to go!

Eurostar is most definitely the quickest, easiest and most stress-free way of arriving at DLRP. The station is right in the resort, near Disney Village and the parks and it is just great being from London straight in to the heart of Disneyland Resort in just a few hours. You've made the right choice there ;)

Richard. :)

Thanks for your replies, you've filled me with confidence that we've chosen the right hotel, and mode of transport! Next year I might lash out and try the Sequoia Lodge, we hope to go during the summer and the kids would like a pool then. Anyway from the reports it looks like DLP is pushing out the boat for Halloween this year, now if only they would build a new attraction or two.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter