Chicago Marathon 2018 (Oct 7th) DIS Meet Race!

I haven't slept well in three days due to a terrible cold. I fear I'll either not sleep at all tonight or sleep through my email coming.

In either case...

maxresdefault.jpg

So, this was a really hard decision to make and is hard to post on here, but after careful consideration and going back and forth on various things, I ended up having my application cancelled. Between the cost of the race itself and looking up costs for hotels, I determined that the best thing for me at this time was not to participate in 2018. A full marathon is still my goal for the year, but I decided that I’d rather participate in the Lakefront Marathon in Milwaukee (which is the same day as Chicago). I don’t have to commit as far in advance, the registration fee will be lower, and it is local so I won’t have to pay for a hotel. The idea of being in the comforts of home the night before my potential first marathon was a really big deal to me. So I’m sad to miss out on a potential meet, but good luck to all of you!

So, this was a really hard decision to make and is hard to post on here, but after careful consideration and going back and forth on various things, I ended up having my application cancelled. Between the cost of the race itself and looking up costs for hotels, I determined that the best thing for me at this time was not to participate in 2018. A full marathon is still my goal for the year, but I decided that I’d rather participate in the Lakefront Marathon in Milwaukee (which is the same day as Chicago). I don’t have to commit as far in advance, the registration fee will be lower, and it is local so I won’t have to pay for a hotel. The idea of being in the comforts of home the night before my potential first marathon was a really big deal to me. So I’m sad to miss out on a potential meet, but good luck to all of you!

Our races are the same day and time zone...you'll still be running with us. If you'd like a FaceTime cheer at like mile 20 just let me know. I may need one too. #nojinxlotterygods

Given the time difference (east coast Australia) - there is a 99% chance I will be asleep when the email comes in. Be interesting to see what I wake up to tomorrow!

So does anyone know, if the emails go out on a rolling basis, do the credit cards also get charged on a rolling basis? My CC has not been charged, so does that mean it's a definite no for me? Lol, I've been checking my account obsessively this morning and I'm worried Chase will lock my account due to the "unusual activity!"

Good luck today all!!! I’m hoping that everyone who wants a spot will get one!!!

After much thought on this prior to the deadline, DH and I did not end up entering lottery. Rest assured, we will be cheering for you across the miles!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter