(Christmas) Lights, Decorations, Action…..A Post-Christmas PTR (update 12/22-page 42)

I"m in handicapped mode right now, so not as quick as I like to be. ;)

Glad you'll join in at some point. Your witty humor cracks me up- especially the lethal combo of you and Glenn together! :dance3:

Actually I had another window open trying to catch up some on your Invasion thread. Most of what I had read before was the "going with strangers" thread. Okay, a new thread so shouldn't take too long to get caught up. What's that, 243 pages already? :scared1: Okay, I'll go back a few pages and just read along at the end and jump in from there. Then I saw something mentioned (can't remember what right now) and said, uh-oh, gonna have to go back a little further. Then I read about the quilt and now I HAVE to go back a little further to see what that's all about. I finally found that post. The quilt looks like a number of ones I have that were made by my mom, or even my grandmother YEARS ago. I have to be very gentle with some of the older ones to make sure they don't start to come apart.

Forgive me for being so far behind and now the date has passed, but I hope everything came through with the passports and visas. I just haven't gotten that far in the updates yet to know from the posts.

:lmao: about the comment on Glenn and I. I got to meet him and his family when we were both staying at Kidani last summer. We zing each other quite a bit, but I feel really comfortable that he won't get offended and it is all in good fun, just like a few others on here I am "getting to know." They are a really great family, and super nice, and I feel like he is a really good friend, even with just the little bit of time we spent together, and chatting here and on TGM with him. (just don't tell him I said any of that, or I'll deny it) ;)

BTW, feel free to call me Marvin (most used) or Marv. Either is fine for good friends, and all the great people on the DIS and who share a common bond of a love for all things Disney are good friends!

YESSSSS! My PTR has finally arrived! :yay: When your thread gets ninja posted, and not just once but twice, you have finally made the bigtime!:thumbsup2

A cliffhanger?! :faint:

Hey, I learned from the best! Anything to boost readership.... :lmao:

You know we met last year. He was stalking me.

It must have been those speedos out by the Kidani pool.....:scared1: No wait, we already cleared that vicious rumor up in your PTR thread, didn't we??? :)

Actually, I think that is a case of the pot and kettle. I was stalking YOU??? :confused:

:lmao: about the comment on Glenn and I. I got to meet him and his family when we were both staying at Kidani last summer. We zing each other quite a bit, but I feel really comfortable that he won't get offended and it is all in good fun, just like a few others on here I am "getting to know." They are a really great family, and super nice, and I feel like he is a really good friend, even with just the little bit of time we spent together, and chatting here and on TGM with him. (just don't tell him I said any of that, or I'll deny it) ;)

Aw shucks.
smiley_loveshy.gif

BTW, feel free to call me Marvin (most used) or Marv. Either is fine for good friends, and all the great people on the DIS and who share a common bond of a love for all things Disney are good friends!

Glad to hear either is good. I still second-guess myself....which did he prefer?

YESSSSS! My PTR has finally arrived! :yay: When your thread gets ninja posted, and not just once but twice, you have finally made the bigtime!:thumbsup2

Yes, you've arrived. Expect a new credit card application in the mail today. (What're the odds of that?)

It must have been those speedos out by the Kidani pool.....:scared1: No wait, we already cleared that vicious rumor up in your PTR thread, didn't we??? :)

Oh geez. Here we go again.

Actually, I think that is a case of the pot and kettle. I was stalking YOU??? :confused:

Deny, and confuse with false allegations. My new strategy.

Okay, just because I was walking around yelling "Hey Marvin" to any stranger who even closely resembled the 1-inch avatar picture I had of you...that doesn't equal stalking.

Okay, just because I was walking around yelling "Hey Marvin" to any stranger who even closely resembled the 1-inch avatar picture I had of you...that doesn't equal stalking.

Does in my book... call em like you see em, Marv. ;)

Aw shucks.
smiley_loveshy.gif
Humility........it's just one of your more prominent qualities!

Glad to hear either is good. I still second-guess myself....which did he prefer?
Two comments: I've been called other names, but none of those works as well IMO:rolleyes1.....and.....either works better than the frequent references to "she" and "her." :)

Yes, you've arrived. Expect a new credit card application in the mail today. (What're the odds of that?)
That or another "You have been pre-approved..." for debt consolidation or refinancing your home.

Deny, and confuse with false allegations. My new strategy.
I like it! :thumbsup2

Does in my book... call em like you see em, Marv. ;)
What SHE said!

It's all good man! You notice how quickly I turned and came back to greet you! I didn't start worrying about the stalking until you started following me around to 50's PT, the Poly at dinnertime, the swimming pool........ :duck:

Long weekend, Marv??

Yeah, a little. Actually DS20 flew home Saturday night from his summer Navy tour and we had to go pick him up at the airport. Since he was on a sub the past three weeks, without his cell phone and the internet to get on Facebook, he pretty much kept the computer at home tied up catching up with everyone. Other than that, at home we were trying to catch up with him also, and busy at work so haven't had much chance to get online.

Update with ADRs coming soon!

My last update brought me to the point of trying to make my ADR for our final day. I was up early with the goal of booking Le Cellier for dinner on our final evening since I couldn't get it for our first meal the night we arrive. This was the one ADR I really wanted to get this trip since we have never eaten there.

Knowing it is such a popular place, I was a little worried when I was about 40 minutes late getting to the computer. Darn those few minutes of extra sleep and the call of nature. When I was younger (not that I'm old or anything) some things just didn't take as long.:rolleyes1

I quickly logged on and accessed the Dining Reservation site. After putting in all the necessary data to get past that glitch in the system, I waited rather impatiently as that wait screen seemed to prolong my agony......:surfweb: I always hate when they put "Don't use the Back button or refresh this screen" on a screen that seems to take forever and you wonder if you are ever going to get to use your computer again.

Then my screen finally updates and what do I see??? Three available ADR times for Le Cellier right around the time I requested!!! :dance3: Oh no, which one do I choose? Do I use eeny-meeny-curly-larry-moe, or flip a coin, or what? :confused3 Then it hits me I better make a decision quick or none of those choices may be there by the time I pick one. :eek: I choose the one at 6:00PM and enter it. After all, that will give us plenty of time to take an afternoon break and make it back into the park.

Imagine my relief when the screen came back with my reservation number! :cheer2: While I'm on the subject, can anyone tell me why a family of 5 gets a warning with their dining reservation that your party may be split between two tables????? What's up with that, and why do they think this would be an okay option??? I mean, there are times when DW and DSs misbehave so badly I want to crawl under the table, or move to another one (oh wait, maybe that's me :rolleyes1) but when you ask for a table for 5, shouldn't you be able to expect a table that seats all 5 of you together??? As introverted as I am, I wouldn't be able to eat my meal if I had to share a table with strangers..... :lmao:

Anyway, so now I'm sitting on :cloud9: and getting a little full of myself and my superior skills at booking ADRs. I wasn't able to get Yak & Yeti the day before while we are doing AK, but hey, I know how some people are about changing their minds, so let's give it another shot just in case. Sure enough, my superior skills come through for me again. There is an available ADR at 5:45, just 15 minutes before the current scheduled closing for AK that day. Surely if we make it in the restaurant before park closing, they will give us a few extra minutes to eat our food without having to swallow it whole, and then escape the park before they lock us in for the night with the rest of the animals.

So now I just need to finalize my plans, and figure out what to do with the extra ADRs. On 12/31 I have a lunch ADR at 50's PT and a dinner ADR at Cape May, and on 1/1 I have two dinner reservations at Boma and Y&Y.

Even though we are staying 5 nights, and will only have 5 TS credits each if we do the DDP, we may still be able to squeeze in that sixth TS meal. DS13 doesn't eat very much. He usually is happier with the meals off of the kid's menu (content AND portions), so I'm thinking that we may save some of his credits and pay for his meal OOP instead, especially if we take advantage of some of the better options for QS credits.

Ah, no rest for the planning weary!!!

Okay Jordan, I get the point. Have been really busy at work lately, and due to multiple and various reasons, the computer at home has been tied up a majority of the time. But you are right, it is time for a PTR update!

No rush, just making sure you know that people are reading your PTR and interested in what you have to say..:thumbsup2

Well, drat! Just as I'm about to head off to bed, we get an update.... In the morning, brother. I'll be back.

Darn those few minutes of extra sleep and the call of nature. When I was younger (not that I'm old or anything) some things just didn't take as long.:rolleyes1

TMI!!

I always hate when they put "Don't use the Back button or refresh this screen" on a screen that seems to take forever and you wonder if you are ever going to get to use your computer again.

I'm in agreement on this.

Imagine my relief when the screen came back with my reservation number! :cheer2:

Congrats! :dance3:

Sure enough, my superior skills come through for me again. There is an available ADR at 5:45, just 15 minutes before the current scheduled closing for AK that day.

Double bonus!

Surely if we make it in the restaurant before park closing, they will give us a few extra minutes to eat our food without having to swallow it whole, and then escape the park before they lock us in for the night with the rest of the animals.

Ha ha -- the rest of the animals! I get it!

And don't call me Shirley!

:woohoo: I'm so glad you got Le Cellier! Hopefully it won't turn into a 2 TS credit before you go there. I'm not sure the exact date when they're doing the switch. You know you're a dedicated ADR seeker when you wake up at 5:45am to be on the computer for 6am when the reservation system opens. :surfweb: I've done that so many times and I think to myself: "Am I crazy or what?!" :rotfl2:

I hadn't heard that they were switching it to a Signature Dining. I would imagine it would be after the 1st of the year.....right?:confused3

Great on getting both ADRs...that's persistence at it's finest.:thumbsup2

Wow, you are an absolute ADR booking expert! :worship: Both ADRs sound great and I think the Le Cellier time will work perfectly! :thumbsup2

Also on Y & Y: I think you will really enjoy walking out of an empty park after a leisurely meal! I have read quite a few people that they were never rushed and used the time to take pictures of an empty park - and in your case the rare treat of AK at night time.

On the question when they might make changes in the dining plan, I remember that one year when something changed it was switched over to the new system on 1/4 or so. This was in order to let the Christmas crowds dissappear and not to confuse these people during their stay with two different systems. So Marv may be in luck! :confused:

Is the change over to signature for Le Cellier a sure thing already? Will it come with a change in menu? I really liked my meals at Le Cellier, but for me it is not at all in the same league as Flying Fish, Jiko and California Grill (Sorry Jenbear... I don't mean to say anything negative about Canada, but the atmosphere is just much more casual).

I hadn't heard that they were switching it to a Signature Dining. I would imagine it would be after the 1st of the year.....right?:confused3

Is the change over to signature for Le Cellier a sure thing already? Will it come with a change in menu? I really liked my meals at Le Cellier, but for me it is not at all in the same league as Flying Fish, Jiko and California Grill (Sorry Jenbear... I don't mean to say anything negative about Canada, but the atmosphere is just much more casual).

Don't worry Flossbolna, no offence taken :goodvibes As far as I know, it's still just a rumour but there are going to be changes to the actual design and interior of the restaurant to make it up to standards of signature dining. i.e. table cloths, dress code, etc. Similar to what Citricos and Narcoossee's have in place right now. I'm not sure when the changes will take place as it hasn't been released to the public yet. You can read more on the juicy details on a thread I found over at Disney Rumours: Possible Changes at Le Cellier

Don't worry Flossbolna, no offence taken :goodvibes As far as I know, it's still just a rumour but there are going to be changes to the actual design and interior of the restaurant to make it up to standards of signature dining. i.e. table cloths, dress code, etc. Similar to what Citricos and Narcoossee's have in place right now. I'm not sure when the changes will take place as it hasn't been released to the public yet. You can read more on the juicy details on a thread I found over at Disney Rumours: Possible Changes at Le Cellier

Thanks for the link! It actually sounds rather interesting, especially if it comes with changes to the atmosphere and menu as well. On my last trip I realized that I really prefer the signature restaurants to the normal TS places so getting a new one would work well for me! :goodvibes I wonder wether this ties in with other new TS places opening soon at Epcot (the new Hacienda in Mexico and the pizza restaurant in Italy). I think Le Cellier is so small that it would really benefit from less tables! :thumbsup2

And don't call me Shirley!
Sylvia, Savanna, Suzanne, Sheila.............I know.....Judy Judy Judy!!!!

:woohoo: I'm so glad you got Le Cellier! Hopefully it won't turn into a 2 TS credit before you go there. I'm not sure the exact date when they're doing the switch. You know you're a dedicated ADR seeker when you wake up at 5:45am to be on the computer for 6am when the reservation system opens. :surfweb: I've done that so many times and I think to myself: "Am I crazy or what?!" :rotfl2:
Yeah, I'm hoping this isn't an imminent thing. After all this time hearing people talk about Le Cellier, and finally taking a shot and scoring an ADR, it would be just my luck they would change it. If so, I guess it will be back to the drawing board. With the basic DDP, a signature just doesn't work into the plans.

Wow, you are an absolute ADR booking expert! :worship: Both ADRs sound great and I think the Le Cellier time will work perfectly! :thumbsup2
Oh quit it, you're embarrasing me! No really, you're not buying that are you?????

Also on Y & Y: I think you will really enjoy walking out of an empty park after a leisurely meal! I have read quite a few people that they were never rushed and used the time to take pictures of an empty park - and in your case the rare treat of AK at night time.
Yeah, that would be really cool! :thumbsup2

On the question when they might make changes in the dining plan, I remember that one year when something changed it was switched over to the new system on 1/4 or so. This was in order to let the Christmas crowds dissappear and not to confuse these people during their stay with two different systems. So Marv may be in luck! :confused:
I like the way you think! Now let's hope Disney thinks the same way. popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter